Goodrich @ Big Sandy / BS wins 116 - 14

[quote name="RimRockers" post="1334013" timestamp="1353125388"]
[quote author=mfd814 link=topic=106384.msg1333787#msg1333787 date=1353122475]
Wrong score?
[/quote]

No. BS quit press before the end of 1st. No fastbreaks second half, held up and ran halfcourt offense on every steal/turnover. Goodrich is down.
[/quote] I HEARD BS COULD HAVE SCORE 150 POINTS.I have not seen goodrich down since coach King has been @ goodrich. :o :o :o :o

Just an observation but it simply amazes me that some teams can win by 100 or more points doing whatever they do but are not cast in a negative light yet others ( in this area or otherwise) are cast in that negative light. There are a few instances even in this area in the last year or two where very little was said about it being done by some and yet others blasted for even a 50 pt win. A 100 pt win is a 100 pt win and no matter how it happens kids will feel the same way about it. As a player I would have wanted to take it having you played your best than being the recipient of charity. Very rarely do I post but for some reason felt the need to do so tonight. Wish all a happy Thanksgiving.

I agree Airforce, it should go both ways.  Just a couple things I will point out:  this is not the norm for Big Sandy.  I can't remember them destroying someone like this.  Some of those schools that get the grief for outlandish scores do it often.  Another thing is, in this case anyways, the one receiving the whipping has handed out many whippings over the last several years.  Can't remember any by 100, but I bet there was quite a few in the 50-80 point margin range.  I think I am just in shock that Goodrich lost by 100, more than I am disappointed Big Sandy beat someone by 100.

It is very easy to look at scores and assume the other team is running the score up. I have been guilty of that as well. Here are a few facts about the game last night.

The Big Sandy coach ask the Goodrich coach to run the clock in the second half and he said no.

Big Sandy runs and presses this year, they did not fast break the second half, the coach made them set up their offense. He did not allow their defense to go past the 3 pt line.

His subs played more than his starters.

• 2 weeks later...
[quote name="AirForce84" post="1334282" timestamp="1353131450"]
Just an observation but it simply amazes me that some teams can win by 100 or more points doing whatever they do but are not cast in a negative light yet others ( in this area or otherwise) are cast in that negative light. There are a few instances even in this area in the last year or two where very little was said about it being done by some and yet others blasted for even a 50 pt win. A 100 pt win is a 100 pt win and no matter how it happens kids will feel the same way about it. As a player I would have wanted to take it having you played your best than being the recipient of charity. Very rarely do I post but for some reason felt the need to do so tonight. Wish all a happy Thanksgiving.
[/quote]

What goes around, comes around....King has done this to a lot of teams over the years....he's gettin a little of his own medicine now.....

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CougarCrazy124
    Newest Member
    CougarCrazy124