FLAG CHAMPIONS

weasel

The PNG Purple Flag team finished the year 11-0 with a hard fought win over WO-S 7-6!  The "Little Indians finished the year with a Perfect Season and outscored their opponets 273-41; with 23 of those points coming in a week two game against Lumberton Red.  Other than that; they posted 6 shutouts and no other team scored more than a TD against them except for week 2!  My oldest brother always taught me that Defense wins Championship; and it sooo proved to be the case this year!  PNG Purple played the best Defense out there this year... And it showed on Championship Sunday!  Congrats little Guys!  I am sooooo Proud of each one of you! 

Coach Bobby

[quote name="Gucci" post="1327934" timestamp="1352695269"]
Wos should be champions. Kid had his flag fall off on game winning touchdown. Y'all got lucky
[/quote]

Maybe they would've won had his flag not fallen out. Maybe if we went back and changed all the times every team "got lucky" all season, the whole outcome would have been different for everyone. That doesn't change the fact that Flag Purple had an amazing - and undefeated - season, and they deserve to be applauded for that.

WO-S played a great game today. It was like playing an entirely different team than when we played them before. They improved without question, and they also deserve a lot of praise today.

Every kid on that field did an awesome job - regardless of the team or outcome.

Our kids pulled at his flag three times on that play!  Call it Lucky or Call it a delayed flag pull due to our efforts!  Bottom line is the flag came out and he is down at that point! Our Defense held a very good WOS team to 2 First Downs in 2 Games against them!  Congrats WOS on a great year! 

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder