Coaches Paying to Enter Playoff Games

I received an email from our team mom telling us about the price of admission to the playoff games. Okay, I see nothing wrong with charging admission.

The email goes on to say that only players, cheerleaders, and head coaches will be allowed in FREE.

As an assistant coach I am beside myself. Its not the money but the principle of the matter. Have I not been out there as much, if not more, than the head coach? Have I not spent as much time away from my wife and other kids to help our team? Should I not be given the respect that is being shown to the head coach?

I had to submit to a background check and do the online classes like everyone else. I earned my coach's tag. I've been to every game and to practices in the heat and in the rain. There is not one head coach in this league that could do it all by himself. I'm not trying to be disrespectful to the coaches but we are in this together.

If the league wants to make a couple of bucks thats fine. But to charge the coaches?

As Chris Carter would say every Monday night during football season...

[b][size=24pt]C'MON MAN![/size][/b]

[quote name="Coach Aggie" post="1310566" timestamp="1351283526"]
I received an email from our team mom telling us about the price of admission to the playoff games. Okay, I see nothing wrong with charging admission.

The email goes on to say that only players, cheerleaders, and head coaches will be allowed in FREE.

As an assistant coach I am beside myself. Its not the money but the principle of the matter. Have I not been out there as much, if not more, than the head coach? Have I not spent as much time away from my wife and other kids to help our team? Should I not be given the respect that is being shown to the head coach?

I had to submit to a background check and do the online classes like everyone else. I earned my coach's tag. I've been to every game and to practices in the heat and in the rain. There is not one head coach in this league that could do it all by himself. I'm not trying to be disrespectful to the coaches but we are in this together.

If the league wants to make a couple of bucks thats fine. But to charge the coaches?

As Chris Carter would say every Monday night during football season...

[b][size=24pt]C'MON MAN![/size][/b]
[/quote]
Last year I coached the Kountze Sr team by myself! Lol but I feel what your saying man

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SVD Beaumont
    Newest Member
    SVD Beaumont