SETXSPORTS TOP TEN (WEEK 2)

I'm not sure getting Blake back cures what I saw this weekend. We'll see.

PNG definitely seems to be having a hard time......what about the catcher filling in for Blake? Watched a few games and he seems to have stepped up (I think he is a soph) - also has a good bat

Im not sure what PNG's deal is right now, maybe to much talk and all the pressure is on them to suceed. I think so. Nederland,LCM,Vidor,AND PNG are all gonna have a duke out this year it ought to be fun to watch. I look for LCM to go big and Nederland and Vidor to fall right behind them. Season Starts Soon!

Everyone beat up on the Indians while you can. I believe(and hope) things will start turning around this weekend in Lufkin. PNG hasnt been able to put a consistent lineup on the field because of multiple injuries, sicknesses and academic reasons. This weekend should prepare them for the district opener on Tuesday night

Guest pirates

Do not count PNG out. I know coach Stone and he will find a way to turn things around. When I'm not following Vidor, I follow PNG. Over the past years, I always go to every playoff game they are in and let me tell you, they are exicting to watch and I have seen them "pull rabbits out of their hats".

SOME RANDOM THOUGHTS/RESPONSES:

1. I keep waiting for BEARS or LCMBASEBALL to weigh in on the hypothetical BC-LCM "Orange County Shoot-Out" game. Maybe something for them to do while 'in between' games at the tourney this weekend....

2. Based on the early season, I'd have to say that Nederland has moved ahead of PNG...however, I am not ready to put Vidor (or anyone else) ahead of PNG for the other play-off spot.

3. I think that Calhoun is very good and he was listed on 2nd team. There was a time when he might've been the best player in his age group. I'm not sure that's true anymore but he's still very good. There's just a lot of very good players (incl. OF) out there.

4. The catcher from PNG is Carnahan and he is performing well. He is hitting close to .375 and playing well behind the dish. He is a soph and, on a senior-heavy team like PNG, it is tough to lead an older group. That is the advantage of having Buchanan back.

5. HJ is, at best, inconsistent. Their ace got hit pretty hard by LCM this week and I think they'll have 1 heck of a time sliding into the 3rd spot in their district.

As always, more to follow and more to cuss/discuss !!!!

I try not to get involved in "What if" things and I must say Big Red 99 said that they matched up better and had better players than LCM?????

I love Angelle and think he is one of the top 2 in the area....I am a fan of Dishon, and I like Coleman..........but to say Jackson is as good as Rowell???? To say the OF for BC is Better than LCM's????????

Just not sure........... 5 players for LCM are 3 year Letter winners that started in the region championship as soph., BC has a few that started in the State Semi finals??

Sure wish your coach would not have pulled out the tourney or accepted our coach's offer to at least play a season game!!!!!

Does that mean I think LCM is better than BC?? Let's just hope they both win District and then maybe a warmup game???? Should be a great matchup...

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder