HERE IT IS...... EC @ NEWTON

GATA

[quote name="Mr. Buddy Garrity" post="1292549" timestamp="1349500223"]
EC 38

Newton 34

you could flip the teams if you want, its gonna be a close game.
[/quote]
I believe this game comes down to who makes the least mistakes and who capitalizes on the other teams mistakes.  I know it will be a GREAT game.

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="Kvillecats" post="1294613" timestamp="1349708377"]
Dont worry about our score. Everybody know that was a closer game than what the score shows. Anyway, we talking about Newton vs EC...you guys not gonna beat them. HJ not dominate and just got beat 49-0 last friday and they whooped yall butts. I expect Newton to have a good night against your Bucs....old fashion style 8)
[/quote]You want to talk about a 1 point game. Which game you want me to slam you with Cleveland, Jasper, Anahuac or Newton. Your way out of your league bro. You need to talk about something else.

Guest ECBucFan
[i]State ranking div. 2A DI

#2 Newton[/i]

Newton is undefeated, at the top of the state rankings, and is playing unranked EC at their home. Should be a cakewalk of a game for Newton.  ;)

[quote name="Kvillecats" post="1294657" timestamp="1349710272"]
[quote author=justsaying link=topic=104226.msg1294647#msg1294647 date=1349709671]
All i am going to say is Kirbyville is 1-4 on the season.  All your talk has not helped and I think the kids on that team wish you would shut up..
[/quote] What the kids on the team have to do with me posting on a local sports website? I made my prediction that EC lose to Newton like several people on here and you get mad...lol
[/quote]
Oh yeah and you predicted that Kirbyville would be undefeated in district.  You predictions don't mean much!

[quote name="wackpack" post="1294656" timestamp="1349710256"]
[quote author=Kvillecats link=topic=104226.msg1294649#msg1294649 date=1349709761]
[quote author=wackpack link=topic=104226.msg1294642#msg1294642 date=1349709526]
[quote author=Kvillecats link=topic=104226.msg1294639#msg1294639 date=1349709425]
[quote author=justsaying link=topic=104226.msg1294635#msg1294635 date=1349709228]
What about them...  We could say them too but we don't play them so we will never know.
[/quote] Its a good thing you guys dont...LOL
[/quote] cleveland ? Lol.  Jasper would beat us but not like step children like they did kirbyville.
[/quote] Cleveland is good this year bro....both Jasper and Cleveland would destroy EC. You can say what ever you want.
[/quote]Your team is 1-4 I think I have said enough.
[/quot]

I think you said enough too...If you want to argue with kvillecats( A well with no water) thats your business,But leave the team out of this...

As an EC Nana, I was very excited to see the BUCS beat Newton the past 2 years.  The year that Newton lost their longtime Coach was such a heartbreaker to see the players so upset after the game.  I know they wanted to win it for him.  I have heard what a great coach he was & I would like to hear from some of you that play/played for him, coached with him or against him or just knew him as a person; what in your opinion made him a great coach.  I know to some people, it's all about winning, but as a mother & grandmother, even tho I love to win, I look for other characteristics from the coaches.  My prediction for this week's game is: the team with the least mistakes will win; both teams are talented offensively & defensively & they both want the win.

Guest Air Bisquit
[quote name="lclary" post="1295067" timestamp="1349739719"]
As an EC Nana, I was very excited to see the BUCS beat Newton the past 2 years.  The year that Newton lost their longtime Coach was such a heartbreaker to see the players so upset after the game.  I know they wanted to win it for him.  I have heard what a great coach he was & I would like to hear from some of you that play/played for him, coached with him or against him or just knew him as a person; what in your opinion made him a great coach.  I know to some people, it's all about winning, but as a mother & grandmother, even tho I love to win, I look for other characteristics from the coaches.  My prediction for this week's game is: the team with the least mistakes will win; both teams are talented offensively & defensively & they both want the win.
[/quote]

Class post!!
+1 for you

[/quote]......i played for him and also my dad played under him in the 70's, my dad told some storys about him and i noticed that not much has changed from the  70's to late 90's about coach barbay, witch tells me if you keep it simple and do what you know how to do and dont change when something is working, you can master anything and that he did, discipline,conditioning,heart,
GATA, alot of people dont know this but we also still have the 74 state champ head coach on our sidelines still coaching and as good as ever

He was an assistant when I played for him in the late 60's and my son played for him in the early 2000's and again not much changed. He expected you to prepare, work, and perform. His expectations were high as was his goals for the team. He believed in kids and was honest. He would never tell you anything he didn't believe, good or bad. I've seen him with tears running down his cheeks after losses in the playoffs with him saying he felt sorry for the kids, not himself or the other coaches. He was a christian and I believe tried to guide kids in life, not just football.

[/quote]

I think the preacher that spoke at Coach Barbay's memorial service really nailed how to describe Curtis Barbay.

There are thre ways to live in life:

Some people live to Survive. Living check to check and are perfectly happy.
Some people live for Success. Trying to achieve goals, thru their jobs and at home.
Some people live to Significance. Making positive  differences in peoples lives. This was Curtis Barbay.

Curtis would go to churches and talk to the youth groups, especially the seniors. Talking about life and how to do your very best no matter what profession you choose to persue. As ChampionEagles said, he was very emotionally attached to each of the kids that came thru. Rest in Peace Coach Barbay.

[quote name="GATA" post="1295174" timestamp="1349749233"]
(coach barbay).. if you are nothing but a ditch digger you be the best ditch digger there is...............................
on a funny note (coach barbay).....[b]dam son you run like a water fauset[/b]...lol
[/quote]

I was "slower than my grandmother" as a running back. Like I said, he wasn't one to pull punches. ;D

I can also share one story and of course I wont use any names because of legal reason but I think its okay to share the story.  As some of you know I was a Investigator with the Jasper County Sheriffs Office.  I was working a case where it was reported the suspect was a Newton football player and was most likely around the school. We went to the school to locate him but it was after school hrs and I think there was a JV game going on or something, but they were not practicing.  We asked around but no one knew if he was still around.  We went to the field house to talk to Coach Barbay.  We told him who we where looking for and why.  We told him he was listed as a possible suspect where a house was burglarized.  At this point he sent the coach that was sitting there out looking around to see if he was possibly still around.  Barbay made the comment "Ill find him and well get this straight".  My partner told the coach that it wasn’t going  to work that way. He advised Coach that it was a criminal matter and if found we was going  to pick him up and question him after we found his parents and bring them to the sheriffs office.  Barbay at this point you can tell became very agitated.  Barbay said now and you I both know his parents aren’t worth a damn and could care less about whats fixing to happen to this kid and he was going to find him and help him if he could.  My partner in a very nice way suggested to Barbay that he was only concerned about him playing Friday!  I don’t remember Barbays exact words but it was something very similar to this:  “[b][color=blue]if your thinking that I just want him to play then your gosh damn right I want him on that field,  but the most important things is that he needs to know that I need him on that field.  That field is the only thing that is keeping that young man from becoming what the rest of his family has become.  Do You know anything about him or his family?  Do u even know who his parents are? Do you know which relative he is currently shuffled too? Do you know where is mother is hiding or where his father is currently in jail.  Do you know where his baby brother is buried?  Do you know where is older brother was killed and buried?  Well I do!  Now if you have come here to make him into a criminal then leave cause I don’t know where he is!  If you came here to get the truth and help this young man then sit down and Ill find him! You have the rest of his life to chase him and make him a criminal, I only have the next few months to make him right" [/color] [/b] It was obvious to me at that point that I was right Barbay only cared about winning at football, but it was not for the reasons I used to believe.  Barbay will always goe downs as one of the most successful coaches in the State of Texas because of his Wins, Stats and what he done on the field, but if you want to know his real accomplishments and winning records, talk with the players that have played for him!

[quote name="rykerx144" post="1295396" timestamp="1349794626"]
I can also share one story and of course I wont use any names because of legal reason but I think its okay to share the story.  As some of you know I was a Investigator with the Jasper County Sheriffs Office.  I was working a case where it was reported the suspect was a Newton football player and was most likely around the school. We went to the school to locate him but it was after school hrs and I think there was a JV game going on or something, but they were not practicing.  We asked around but no one knew if he was still around.  We went to the field house to talk to Coach Barbay.  We told him who we where looking for and why.  We told him he was listed as a possible suspect where a house was burglarized.  At this point he sent the coach that was sitting there out looking around to see if he was possibly still around.  Barbay made the comment "Ill find him and well get this straight".  My partner told the coach that it wasn’t going  to work that way. He advised Coach that it was a criminal matter and if found we was going  to pick him up and question him after we found his parents and bring them to the sheriffs office.  Barbay at this point you can tell became very agitated.  Barbay said now and you I both know his parents aren’t worth a dang and could care less about whats fixing to happen to this kid and he was going to find him and help him if he could.  My partner in a very nice way suggested to Barbay that he was only concerned about him playing Friday!  I don’t remember Barbays exact words but it was something very similar to this:  “[b][color=blue]if your thinking that I just want him to play then your gosh dang right I want him on that field,  but the most important things is that he needs to know that I need him on that field.  That field is the only thing that is keeping that young man from becoming what the rest of his family has become.  Do You know anything about him or his family?  Do u even know who his parents are? Do you know which relative he is currently shuffled too? Do you know where is mother is hiding or where his father is currently in jail.  Do you know where his baby brother is buried?  Do you know where is older brother was killed and buried?  Well I do!  Now if you have come here to make him into a criminal then leave cause I don’t know where he is!  If you came here to get the truth and help this young man then sit down and Ill find him! You have the rest of his life to chase him and make him a criminal, I only have the next few months to make him right" [/color] [/b] It was obvious to me at that point that I was right Barbay only cared about winning at football, but it was not for the reasons I used to believe.  Barbay will always goe downs as one of the most successful coaches in the State of Texas because of his Wins, Stats and what he done on the field, but if you want to know his real accomplishments and winning records, talk with the players that have played for him!
[/quote]Great Post. The more I hear about Coach Barbay the more I like him. +1  ;D

Thank you for your comments about Coach Barbay.  That's exactly what kind of coach I thought he had been.  We had coaches like that when I grew up & a few like that when my kids grew up.  Now that my grandkids (EC Bucs) play ball , I really appreciate those kind of coaches.  Hamshire Fannett has been blessed this year with a new Christian head coach & assistants.    We will see ya'll Friday night for a hopefully very exciting game!  GO BUCS!!

I believe EC also has a GREAT coaching staff.  To be an effective coach does not mean you have to execute the game or handle the players just as Barbay did.  As I read he was inspiration to his players like most coaches are.

While I was in school I had a screaming coach and I promise if they stopped screaming that is when you started to worry.  This upset the parents alot but what they didn't see is what when on off the field.  The guidance and inspiration that was given to us that is still with me to this day.  I hope you aren't trying to compare coaches to coaches because the great thing about people is that we are all different and have different ways of doing things.  I feel we have great leadership here at EC and there leadership will take us farther than we have gone.  GO BIG BUCS!!!

[quote name="mytwocents" post="1294155" timestamp="1349645804"]
Newton makes a statement here and keeps Roberts to less than 100 yards.

Newton by 2 TD's.
[/quote] agree but I think Roberts gets a little over a hundred,  simply cause they give him ball 40 times a game. Shorter 150 rushing maybe 15 carries 3 tds...also look to see Dj coming out party.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder