GCM vs Lee

The Goose vs Lee.  This will be a major game for securing a play off spot for either team.  The one that loses will really have to fight an up hill battle.  I dont think you can read into records to much.  Lee hasnt played anyone of significance while GCM lost to Nederland/TC both good-very good teams.  I know that Lee has the Zellers kid and he is great athlete.  Hopefully we will be able to stop him.  I personally dont think that Lee can stop our offense if we dont help them out with fumbles.  Hopefully we can get some baytown people out and in the stands to help support these kids and make it a fun atmosphere.

[quote name="GCMproud" post="1287736" timestamp="1349097814"]
The Goose vs Lee.  This will be a major game for securing a play off spot for either team.  The one that loses will really have to fight an up hill battle.  I dont think you can read into records to much.  Lee hasnt played anyone of significance while GCM lost to Nederland/TC both good-very good teams.  I know that Lee has the Zellers kid and he is great athlete.  Hopefully we will be able to stop him.  I personally dont think that Lee can stop our offense if we dont help them out with fumbles.  Hopefully we can get some baytown people out and in the stands to help support these kids and make it a fun atmosphere.
[/quote]
We will be there with our cheering section. Can't wait!

Lee has three or four good athletes on offense.  Zellars, Cedeno, Gomez and Leonce are all good.
Zellars is the best athlete, but the other three are all capable.

If Lee does not commit a lot of penalties or turn the ball over they should be able to put up 35+ on GCM.  That's a big "if" though.

I doubt that Lee can stop GCM either though.
I would guess 40-35 one way or the other. 

Guest UHCoog14
[quote name="Smoking Baby" post="1288435" timestamp="1349141354"]
If the BH game is a blow-out, as expected, may have to run over at the 1/2.  This is the new Lee/Sterling game, possibly.  Not sure where all the fans went, man I can remember all the grass fields around the stadium being full of cars.
[/quote]

Not the new Lee/Sterling. Might be a better game, but that's about it.

Has a team on Lee's schedule won a game this year? I am not sold on that 4-0 record.

[quote name="GCMPats" post="1288441" timestamp="1349141961"]
[quote author=Smoking Baby link=topic=103984.msg1288435#msg1288435 date=1349141354]
If the BH game is a blow-out, as expected, may have to run over at the 1/2.  This is the new Lee/Sterling game, possibly.  Not sure where all the fans went, man I can remember all the grass fields around the stadium being full of cars.
[/quote]

Not the new Lee/Sterling. Might be a better game, but that's about it.

Has a team on Lee's schedule won a game this year? I am not sold on that 4-0 record.
[/quote]

Want to trade them for another expansion team?  We got this team Summer Creek over here.  They are not very good, so should be an easy win.  Will deliver......heck we will even throw in Dayton as a bonus.  We can take turns spanking Dayton and swapping them back and forth.  ;D ;D

[/quote]
[/quote]

I'm with you about the 4-0, but I guess I have to give them credit.  You have play who's on your schedule and beat the bad ones too.

That being said they will be 4-1 after this week.

this lee senior group was vey stout as freshmen.  i saw them whoop west brook by 30.
the underclassmen dont have a wealth of talent, but they do have a couple of selected guys that help out.
im not sold on the 4-0 either.
this team is a little more refined and workmanlike than last years.
they may have slightly less raw talent, but they play up to their potential better.
lets not forget that lee jumped on gcm last year and then let the patriots back in the game.

[quote name="panamamyers" post="1288561" timestamp="1349152238"]
lets not forget that lee jumped on gcm last year and then let the patriots back in the game.
[/quote]

You are right about that, i think it has actually been the past two years that GCM has turnover the ball a couple times at the start of the game leading them to have to dig themselves out of a hole.  Hopefully that will change this year.

Guest UHCoog14
[quote name="panamamyers" post="1288561" timestamp="1349152238"]
this lee senior group was vey stout as freshmen.  i saw them whoop west brook by 30.
the underclassmen dont have a wealth of talent, but they do have a couple of selected guys that help out.
im not sold on the 4-0 either.
this team is a little more refined and workmanlike than last years.
they may have slightly less raw talent, but they play up to their potential better.
[/quote]

If Speedy had stayed healthy, it might have been a different outcome last year.

I just think GCM is the better "team". With the exception of the Nederland game, they have gone toe-to-toe with some pretty good teams.

I think a couple of basketball players showed up for the Lee football team for the first time this year maybe.  Not sure where a couple of these guys came from.  I did not get a chance to see the Lee freshman teams of the last two years, but they have a few sophomores and juniors that I have never heard of.
Then they have Willie and Gilbert at safety, both college-level players.  Hidalgo and Montoya have been on varsity for the last three years at linebacker, Montoya as a 10th grader and Hidalgo since he was a 9th grader, so he never played freshman ball.  Gomez at receiver never played much freshman ball, as he was on varsity at that time and is now a junior.
Leonce is smallish and just now getting to the point where he can use his speed and quickness.
#21 is at one corner, and seems to be a junior.  He made an outstanding play on a ball last week for an interception.Kid named Washington at the other corner is a sophomore, and he is very polished looking for being so young.
Kion Richardson at one outsider backer position is maybe not as athletic as Jaevon, but he is a very capable outside linebacker in a high school setting.  The other side, #31 seems to be new to the program as well.  I've never seen him at least.  Sarabia and Trent up front are both veterans of the program.

Cedeno at running back has matured nicely and is a much better back than he was last year, maybe one of the best backs in the district.  He is a very solid, capable high school running back, which Lee has not had a lot of really lately.  Zellars is a D1 type recruit that has come on in the passing game and can typically just run around and make stuff up and is athletic enough to break tackles and outrun some defenses.

Gomez and Job on the outside, both over 6' tall and fast.  Leonce on the inside is quick and shifty.  The line is doing well enough.

I look forward to seeing the game this Friday.
I am interested to see just how real this team is for Lee.  I have high hopes, but I am not too sure of it just yet.  GCM should be a good barometer.

Panama - that's a much improved self assessment over last year.  Lee always seems to have some good athletes.  Last year coaching was very bad, did that change or did they just get more buy-in form the kids?  If you have some misplaced D-1 talent, let's make sure they are not Beach City residence and need to get on a different bus........ ;) ;) 

I think the team is just more refined in how they go about their business this year.  They seem more mature.
It could be that they have played the dregs of the area though ;D
We will see this weekend.
They will still get rolled in all likelihood against Dawson and possibly TC.  I think they have a fighting chance against everyone else in the district.

Guest UHCoog14
[quote name="panamamyers" post="1290716" timestamp="1349398765"]
This Lee freshman team has a little potential.
[/quote]

Considering the GCM freshmen have not won a game, I'd put emphasis on the "little". Someone in Baytown needs to play defense.

Independent of this score, Lee has some potential on the freshman team.
I saw them against Sterling and that was without the Lee quarterback playing.  He hurt his ankle and was dressed, but he did not play for that one.

The qb(#1) and the rb(#2) could both actually help out on varsity right now for the Ganders.  I think I would bring them up.

I may want to amend my original prediction on this game.  The more I think about it, I really wish Lee would have scheduled at least one real opponent before this game.
I wish this game would have come after the TC or Dawson game, so Lee could have had an idea of what a real team looks like first.  Problem is, they have to win this one pretty much.  Whichever team loses it will be in trouble.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder