West Hardin 65 Spurger 50 Final

KFDM COOP

Guest orangeman

WH 65 - Spurger 50. Letsinger had 21 pts 9 rebs 8 asts 7 stls on a bum ankle. Tyler Copeland had 20 points & 8 rebounds, and Zach Simmons had 19. The win moves the Oilers to 13 - 0 on the season, 1 - 0 in district.

They can but it will not be easy.  They will most likely face Warren in the Spurger tournament after Christmas and if they win play Spurger again in the championship.  After that they will face Spurger once again in Spurger and Big Sandy twice.  You also have to take into consideration that playing Hull Daisetta away will not be an easy game.  I was very impressed with Spurger tonight though.  #44 for them kept the game close for them.  Soon as he sat in the 4th West Hardin took about a 10 point lead and never looked back.  You can tell Spurger is very well coached.

The game was much closer than the score. It was a 3 point game with about 3 minutes left.  Spurger had no outside shooting and had no one to cover #5.  WH should have no complaints about the refs, the foul count was lopsided in their favor.  WH has a good team and will do well in the district, both teams are well coached.  But I really do like the Spurger coach, he had lotsa class last night. 

I agree totally about both coaches last night.Both teams are very well coached, 1 just has a few more horses than the other.WH is very good but its nearly impossible to go undefeated.Big Sandy and Spurger will be hard to beat at home and I hear HD is playing pretty well also.There is gonna be 1 real solid team in this district not making the playoffs.Enjoyed the game last night at WH,great atmosphere and really close until Whitacre got in foul trouble midway thru the 4th.Congrats to both clubs,it was worth the money.

Actually West Hardin was called for about 4 more fouls than Spurger.  Officiating was still bad both ways.  One ref made all the calls while the other two just watched and enjoyed the game.  They need to let the post play a little more physical when down low trying to get position.  Thats how Whittaker plays and the only way to guard that is to be physical yourself as a defender.

Guest allsportsfan

Thanks for the info. I knew WH got called for more fouls. WH couldn't touch 44 without the one guy blowing the whistle. You have to be able to D him up when he is elbowing and doing that butt-bumping thing he does.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder