Thursday Night Varsity Scoreboard

WOSgrad

[quote name="mighymouse490" post="1284352" timestamp="1348862536"]
[quote author=BrenhamFan link=topic=103782.msg1283888#msg1283888 date=1348807947]
[quote author=Mr. Buddy Garrity link=topic=103782.msg1283695#msg1283695 date=1348795141]
So Pasadena Memorial that good or Manvel just overrated (as said before the season)??
[/quote]

You sure are anti-Manvel.  Come on now, they won by 3 TD's and you're still hating.  Like I said before, their offense is probably the best in the area, but their defense needs a little work.  They arn't bad at all, but if you're looking for their Achilles, that would be it.  They arn't overrated.
[/quote]

no,overrated. i have watched manvel play over the past 3-4years and seen a talented bunch with alot of depth, but as far as team?? avg!! [b]the duel qb system doesn't work well for them[/b],but they do it anyway. with the depth they have,they can run fresh legs in and out the game and crush unconditioned or undermanned teams. however, when matched with the same,they are not good. for whatever reason they jumped out ahead of NS and seemed like they tried to play conservative and when NS showed it has depth and talent too,well you see what happend.
[/quote]

You're right, mouse. The dual QB approach was a complete failure. Two years and a 26-4 record, and three of the QBs playing D1 ball (fourth one still playing at Manvel). If they had just picked one QB and gone with him, they'd have two state titles instead.  ::)

And if they'd just picked one, there would probably be two fewer kids from Manvel getting free educations.

What a fricken' disaster. Coach should be fired.  ::)

well watching the duel qb system STRUGGLE against a lamarque team that had 3a numbers both years and you didn't win the big one. want to put up how many D1 people PAM sent to college last year against manvel?? also i stated why they are able to beat teams. oh,tell me where i said PAM was spectacular?? after the central game, I was the most critical of PAM. simply put, we moved the ball with ease between the 20's that game. it was the red zone we had issues with. the defense was stout. the problem was penalties that gave the jags 3 second chance drives on our side of the field and one td they got was a scooped up fumble return. they EARNED one td on PAM in the late 3rd or early 4th qtr. to the wire?? obviously you wasnt there. central had no chance. hell fisk didn't play the whole game. not to mention we had key starters in street clothes. manvel just beat pass. mem 35-21. really??? PAM eats and deficate PISD schools!! sounds like "womanvel" aka manvel had some problems..oh?? you had the #2's in?? saving your starters?? or pass. mem. was giving womanvel (aka manvel) fits?? see how that works?? did ya see what i did there?? and for gods sake,get your own stadium too. that visitor side is like a chicken box!!

38-16 over ozen is not hardly winning a game??...how about choking when you have a "top ranked" school on the ropes??? in the 4 years of PAM playing NS the record is 2-2  with only one game being a blowout win. otherwise all games PAM vs NS have been decided by 7 points or less. you are not in 4a anymore...welcome to 5a...you think NS did it to you...PAM's defense is just as nasty...and an offense that you have to pick your poison...

[quote name="RHBoiler" post="1284554" timestamp="1348872535"]
[quote author=mighymouse490 link=topic=103782.msg1284352#msg1284352 date=1348862536]
[quote author=BrenhamFan link=topic=103782.msg1283888#msg1283888 date=1348807947]
[quote author=Mr. Buddy Garrity link=topic=103782.msg1283695#msg1283695 date=1348795141]
So Pasadena Memorial that good or Manvel just overrated (as said before the season)??
[/quote]

You sure are anti-Manvel.  Come on now, they won by 3 TD's and you're still hating.  Like I said before, their offense is probably the best in the area, but their defense needs a little work.  They arn't bad at all, but if you're looking for their Achilles, that would be it.  They arn't overrated.
[/quote]

no,overrated. i have watched manvel play over the past 3-4years and seen a talented bunch with alot of depth, but as far as team?? avg!! [b]the duel qb system doesn't work well for them[/b],but they do it anyway. with the depth they have,they can run fresh legs in and out the game and crush unconditioned or undermanned teams. however, when matched with the same,they are not good. for whatever reason they jumped out ahead of NS and seemed like they tried to play conservative and when NS showed it has depth and talent too,well you see what happend.
[/quote]

You're right, mouse. The dual QB approach was a complete failure. Two years and a 26-4 record, and three of the QBs playing D1 ball (fourth one still playing at Manvel). If they had just picked one QB and gone with him, they'd have two state titles instead.  ::)

And if they'd just picked one, there would probably be two fewer kids from Manvel getting free educations.

[/quote]

where's the ring??? nuff said...how many district championships?? nuff said...padded record with half of the L'S coming against the district champion...face it that whole district was in the toilet besides LM,PD,and ...manvel. santa fe?? friendswood had injuries and just was down. TC was young and rebuilding. ball high?? not going to even go there...

[quote name="mighymouse490" post="1284574" timestamp="1348873543"]
[quote author=RHBoiler link=topic=103782.msg1284554#msg1284554 date=1348872535]
[quote author=mighymouse490 link=topic=103782.msg1284352#msg1284352 date=1348862536]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

where's the ring??? nuff said...how many district championships?? nuff said...padded record with half of the L'S coming against the district champion...face it that whole district was in the toilet besides LM,PD,and ...manvel. santa fe?? friendswood had injuries and just was down. TC was young and rebuilding. ball high?? not going to even go there...
[/quote]

WTH are you talking about?  24-4A has been the toughest district in the state.  SMH....  ???

How funny!

[quote name="mighymouse490" post="1284561" timestamp="1348872936"]
well watching the duel qb system STRUGGLE against a lamarque team that had 3a numbers both years and you didn't win the big one. [/quote]

Manvel averaged 400 yards per game against LM last year. Against all other opponents, LM only gave up 175 per game. OK, you're right again. Manvel 400 vs LM opponents' average of 175. Manvel struggled.  ::)

Are you saying Manvel would have won the big one if they only played one QB?

[quote author=mighymouse490 link=topic=103782.msg1284561#msg1284561 date=1348872936]
want to put up how many D1 people PAM sent to college last year against manvel?? [/quote]

Ah, well, OK. I'll play. Here are the ones I know of:
PAM c/o 2012: Four
Terrence Singleton
Nathan Holmes
Tre-Von Armstead
Jhajuan Seales

Manvel c/0 2012: Six
Taiwan Johnson
Christian Chamagua
Taylor Romero
Glynn Cheeks
Simon Curiel
Julian Walker

Want to try again with the c/o 2013? (hint: your answer should be "no")

[quote author=mighymouse490 link=topic=103782.msg1284561#msg1284561 date=1348872936]
also i stated why they are able to beat teams. oh,tell me where i said PAM was spectacular?? after the central game, I was the most critical of PAM. simply put, we moved the ball with ease between the 20's that game. it was the red zone we had issues with. the defense was stout. the problem was penalties that gave the jags 3 second chance drives on our side of the field and one td they got was a scooped up fumble return. they EARNED one td on PAM in the late 3rd or early 4th qtr. to the wire?? [b]obviously you wasnt there. central had no chance.[/b] heck fisk didn't play the whole game. [b]not to mention we had key starters in street clothes. manvel just beat pass. mem 35-21. really???[/b] PAM eats and deficate PISD schools!! sounds like "womanvel" aka manvel had some problems..oh?? you had the #2's in?? saving your starters?? or pass. mem. was giving womanvel (aka manvel) fits?? see how that works?? did ya see what i did there?? and for gods sake,get your own stadium too. that visitor side is like a chicken box!![/quote]

Obviously you weren't at the Manvel game last night - PM had no chance either! (BTW, it was 35-14 (not 35-21), not that it matters.

PAM beat Central by 3. Weak Brooke beat them by more points, and 4A WOS shut them out! Is that little 4A team's D better than the PAM mighty Midgets?

(We do agree on one thing -- the AISD stadium visitor side sucks!)

Do you honestly thing Central is better than PM?
PAM 23 points and 400 yards against 0-4 4A Central, who put 20 points and 225 yards on PAM
Manvel 35 points and 520 yards against 3-1 5A PM, who put 14 points and 225 yards on Manvel
Neither is much to brag about, but in the race to bottom PAM is in the lead!

38-16 over ozen is not hardly winning a game??...how about choking when you have a "top ranked" school on the ropes??? in the 4 years of PAM playing NS the record is 2-2  with only one game being a blowout win. otherwise all games PAM vs NS have been decided by 7 points or less. you are not in 4a anymore...welcome to 5a...you think NS did it to you...[b]PAM's defense is just as nasty...and an offense that you have to pick your poison...[/b][/quote]

Even when padding its schedule with 4A schools, PAM's "pick your poison" offense is averaging just over 300 yards per game. That's what Manvel put on NS in the first half! (Manvel is averaging about 450 per game so far.)

NEXT!

[quote name="mighymouse490" post="1284561" timestamp="1348872936"]
well watching the duel qb system STRUGGLE against a lamarque team that had 3a numbers both years and you didn't win the big one. want to put up how many D1 people PAM sent to college last year against manvel?? also i stated why they are able to beat teams. oh,tell me where i said PAM was spectacular?? after the central game, I was the most critical of PAM. simply put, we moved the ball with ease between the 20's that game. it was the red zone we had issues with. the defense was stout. the problem was penalties that gave the jags 3 second chance drives on our side of the field and one td they got was a scooped up fumble return. they EARNED one td on PAM in the late 3rd or early 4th qtr. to the wire?? obviously you wasnt there. central had no chance. heck fisk didn't play the whole game. not to mention we had key starters in street clothes. manvel just beat pass. mem 35-21. really??? PAM eats and deficate PISD schools!! sounds like "womanvel" aka manvel had some problems..oh?? you had the #2's in?? saving your starters?? or pass. mem. was giving womanvel (aka manvel) fits?? see how that works?? did ya see what i did there?? and for gods sake,get your own stadium too. that visitor side is like a chicken box!!

38-16 over ozen is not hardly winning a game??...how about choking when you have a "top ranked" school on the ropes??? in the 4 years of PAM playing NS the record is 2-2  with only one game being a blowout win. otherwise all games PAM vs NS have been decided by 7 points or less. you are not in 4a anymore...welcome to 5a...you think NS did it to you...PAM's defense is just as nasty...and an offense that you have to pick your poison...
[/quote]First of all we lost to LaMarque [b](State Finalist)[/b] because they were "Better than us"... Best excuse I got. Just like we were better than them the following year. Never doubted you guys had D1 athletes, but we were talking about the benefits of the two QB system.  By the way that's alot of excuses to explain away a [b]3 point win over a team that TALLIED UP 2 wins and 11 losses over the last two years.[/b]  But I for one KNOW you guys are better than that.  By the way the score with Pas Mem was 35-14 (Manvel win). And to say you guys eat a deficate ALL Pasadena schools... Do you recall a couple seasons ago when you guys escaped with a [b]38-34 round 1 playoff win vs Pas Mem[/b]?  Not hardly the description you are selling the board right now.  I DO agree with you about the Alvin Stadium... It's horrible.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CougarCrazy124
    Newest Member
    CougarCrazy124