Fastpitch Softball Bats - Which are the best?

colliecw

Are her batting mechanics rotational, linear, slapper, torsion-reflexive or the Shoulin adduction theory?  :o

Sorry, there are much more qualified folks to offer a serious answer.  Besides, I've spent at least $3,000 on bats the past 13 years and my daughter tells me I don't know anything anymore... I wish she would have told me this about 10 bats ago!

[quote name="colliecw" post="1282838" timestamp="1348705567"]
obviously I don't know enough...  She is a power hitter that is a lefty so she is learning to slap and slap bunt... Baseball was much easier...
[/quote]

I would have to ask myself this BEFORE I spent alot of time with the slapping lessons.

If she is already considered a "power hitter" why bother with small ball technique? (Unless she has the unique ability to hit the crap out of the ball and run like a deer) I'd utilize my time building on what she is naturally meant to do, drive in the runs, not set the table.

She can hit the crap out of the ball (to the outfield and she has hit to the fence a couple times) AND run like a deer... She is only 10 right now though so only time will tell where she ends up, but if her brother is any indication, she will be tall, athletic, strong, and fast.

I'm a very proud Dad!  Can you tell? LOL...

[quote name="colliecw" post="1283128" timestamp="1348758839"]
She can hit the crap out of the ball (to the outfield and she has hit to the fence a couple times) AND run like a deer... She is only 10 right now though so only time will tell where she ends up, but if her brother is any indication, she will be tall, athletic, strong, and fast.

I'm a very proud Dad!  Can you tell? LOL...
[/quote]

Ok, now I have to ask these questions:

Where do ya'll live?
Who do ya'll play for?

We are always looking for prospects... ;D

Have learned over the years that softball players don't choose their bats because of how they look. Next time your at a park where the 'Big Girls' (18 Gold) are playing, look at which bat is used by the majority of the power hitters. My daughter is playing for a Gold team now and every player on our roster has at least one Xeno in their bag.

[quote name="Big V" post="1290362" timestamp="1349374123"]
Have learned over the years that softball players don't choose their bats because of how they look. Next time your at a park where the 'Big Girls' (18 Gold) are playing, look at which bat is used by the majority of the power hitters. My daughter is playing for a Gold team now and every player on our roster has at least one Xeno in their bag.
[/quote]

Huh?

your team is sponserd by TPS ?

Ig, Eclipes they are sponserd by TPS. I am just telling you what my kiddo said said about the bat.
BTW
At the Gold level your "power hitters" should and for the most part can hit w/ any bat they pick up. Otherwise its just personal prefrence or they use the bat that the college they are committed to uses at that coaches request.

Mine got to try it while on a visit and was asked to swing this year. Good thing she prefers Demarini  ;)

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder