Stars over Texas tournament

sbparent

Was reading on another board about some of the Houston teams coming to play in the Stars over Texas tournament this weekend.  Appears some of the coaches got together and formed a committee called the EGCC (Elite gold coaches committee) and threatened to pull 10 teams out 10 of the SOT if 3 specific teams were allowed to play.  Their bluff worked and those teams were not allowed to play.

Anyway, just wondered how the tournament went given the input from the Impact Gold and others (sometimes referred to here as the Spring Klein Mafia) in running the tournment.  I noticed from the scheduling that all the big name gold teams from Houston got prime game times and all games at Ford Park whicle local Beaumont teams (Blast, Orange Crush, OOC and the Shockers) had some games at Ford Park but also played some at College Street park (sound like Ronald McDonald tournament East to me).

How many games were lost at College Street on Saturday?  Were any lost at Ford Park?

I can't speak for any of the other local teams but we, CRUSH Gold Harrell, had 6 of our games at Ford Park. We were scheduled to play at College Street for a couple but they were cancelled because of weather, and we were able to pick up a couple of extra games. I know we had coaches at all our games except the last one at 4:20pm. There were a bunch of coaches at the tournament.

Girls have to email colleges if they want them to come and watch. I saw the Shocker coaches at Ford Park quite a bit working the College Coaches as well as CRUSH and Blast coaches and other locals.

Tournament went very well and our kids got alot of exposure with some big schools. Overall I was very pleased with everything. Ronnie and Nara reached out to the Spring Klein group to bring in more teams and get in more College Coaches and that was a success as far as I could tell.

I also can only speak for our team - 18U GT Shockers - Gautreaux. We had 4 games at Ford Park and 1 at College Street.
Our games at Ford park had college coaches at every game. Our first game Saturday....we had over
10 coaches watching the game and most stayed till the end of the game. Sunday morning game had several
there including LSU. I also saw the Alabama coach stop by for a peak.
Our game on college street was at 1:00 and most coaches were gone from tournament by then.
All-IN-All......Ronnie, Nara and Jonathan did a great job putting this together and
look forward to being part of it for years to come.

Shockwave Demarini Gold had two games washed out Saturday at College... not sure if the coach tried to reschedule any of those or not.  Competition was hit and miss.  The three teams they did play did not have strong outings.

That said, there was a great turnout by college coaches for a local tournament.  It won't take long for teams to hear that Alabama, LSU and programs of that stature were roaming the fields.

Saw alot of coaches at Ford Park this weekend...Some big names as well...Murphy from National Champs Alabama was there in his houndstooth Cap, Lotief from ULL, and Oranges own Howard Dobson was there from LSU. As CrushCoach said, we were very pleased with our field assignments. I see alot of promise in future events in BMT if they can keep it up. Great job Ronnie, Nara and Jonathan!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder