Battle Of The Brazos: Brenham @ Waller- Predictions?

BrenhamFan

[quote name="Lions#80" post="1274552" timestamp="1347914548"]
Sorry, but I think Waller ambushes Brenham at home in Waller.
Waller 28
Brenham 14
[/quote]

Upset prediction, but hey, I've seen a Cubs team that was ranked #9 come into the "Dog Pound" & get upset.  That same team played Aledo for the state title later that year.  So it does happen....

[quote name="liltex" post="1274642" timestamp="1347920740"]
Rivalry-what's the all time w/l record for Waller/Brenh
[/quote]

It's not too historic like the Brenham/Navasota rivalry, which has a lot more history.  This has developed into a rivalry mainly because of Navasota dropping to 3A, all of the intensity between the 2 schools & a big big upset happening every few few years.  Not sure how many other games have been played between the 2, but this is what lonestarfootball.net has it listed at 22-7-0 in Brenham's favor. (I'm pretty sure we've played more than that though)

Brenham leads 53-23-2 in Cub/Rattler rivalry. (Wish we still played this rivalry)

[quote name="BrenhamFan" post="1274664" timestamp="1347923144"]
[quote author=Trocket link=topic=103297.msg1274659#msg1274659 date=1347922500]
Does Waller still have speed and good running backs like they use to have when we played in the district with yall.
[/quote]

Ya, same speed, but no Don Brooks at HB.  They got a new coaching staff a few years ago too.
[/quote]Well hope you all win, but I just have a feeling they will play hard at home and be hard to beat.

[quote name="Lions#80" post="1275124" timestamp="1347984012"]
[quote author=Monkeynuts link=topic=103297.msg1274863#msg1274863 date=1347939610]
I would say Brenham-30 Waller-7 after a couple of Chick fila sandwiches......
[/quote]I would say Brenham-30 Waller-7 after a couple of Chick fila sandwiches......with Blue Bell Ice cream. ;D
[/quote]

That sounds like a great meal!  ;D

[quote name="BrenhamFan" post="1275126" timestamp="1347984125"]
[quote author=Lions#80 link=topic=103297.msg1275124#msg1275124 date=1347984012]
[quote author=Monkeynuts link=topic=103297.msg1274863#msg1274863 date=1347939610]
I would say Brenham-30 Waller-7 after a couple of Chick fila sandwiches......
[/quote]I would say Brenham-30 Waller-7 after a couple of Chick fila sandwiches......with Blue Bell Ice cream. ;D
[/quote]

That sounds like a great meal!  ;D
[/quote]Sure is, Blue Bell make any meal taste great!

I'd look for a close game early, then Brenham slowly but surely pulling away. Waller just doesn't have the talent from past years or the coaching and simply put, Coach West is a coaching mastermind. So I'm gonna say watch for a small margin to grow throughout the game.

Brenham  35
Waller      14

Coach West is a mastermind for sure. I don't know much about Waller program, just going by the teams they have played this year, appears they could have a little talent. And with Brenham losing so much talent and playing in Waller it might make some difference. But without a doubt Brenham should get better each game, teams are going to have to get them early if they are going to beat them in their district.     

I think this year it's gonna come down to Montgomery vs Brenham for the district title. I'd have to give Montgomery the nod right now considering how close they played the #1 and #3 teams in 4a losing by 10 and 11 points respectivly, I know Brenham has had the Bears number since the series started, but both teams are essencially the same teams with all the underclassmen starting and Montgomery I would have to say definatly has the more talented team and they are extremely fast they can literally turn the corner with anyone of the 5 skill players they put on the offensive side of the ball at any given time and I just don't think any team in 18-4a has the speed to keep up with them. Both Angleton and Dawson had hard times containing them.

[quote name="timmieboy" post="1276692" timestamp="1348158537"]
I think this year it's gonna come down to Montgomery vs Brenham for the district title. I'd have to give Montgomery the nod right now considering how close they played the #1 and #3 teams in 4a losing by 10 and 11 points respectivly, I know Brenham has had the Bears number since the series started, but both teams are essencially the same teams with all the underclassmen starting and Montgomery I would have to say definatly has the more talented team and they are extremely fast they can literally turn the corner with anyone of the 5 skill players they put on the offensive side of the ball at any given time and [b]I just don't think any team in 18-4a has the speed to keep up with them.[/b] Both Angleton and Dawson had hard times containing them.
[/quote]

I don't think you are accurate about that part.  We have the speed to run with any team in 18-4A, including the Bears.  It will come down to Brenham VS Montgomery as usual, but we have numerous young guys that can get around the corner as well.  IMO, it will be another barn burner, but we have a few more games between now and then, that we need to focus on.

BrenhamFan, I'm going based off of what I have seen so far. My statement wasn't intended to be disrespectful and I know that Brenham has fast athletes, I played them in high school and they have always been a fast team. That being said, Montgomery has 6 players on the offensive side of the ball and a couple on defense that run legit 4.4 40's and most other skilled players (starters) that average around 4.5 - 4.6 and can move like that in pads. I know most of them and I've witnessed this first hand. Over the past few years Brenham has had excellent team speed and this year I haven't seen what they have, but based off what I've seen , and when the two teams meet I'll get a chance to see, Montgomery has more team speed than any other team in 18-4a. I'm not saying that there aren't players on other teams that are fast but as a unit the amount of speed that the Bears are putting on the field this year is overwhelming. Both Dawson and Angleton had problems with them in the second half of the games and like I said before had it not been bad weather Huntsville would've been out of it early. But I am anxious to see THE Brenham Cubs take on the Bears this year. It's all gonna come down to coaching and which team is better diciplined and conditioned. I think we can both agree that after our two teams there is a HUGE drop off in team caliber so 3rd and 4th place will most likely be a toss up.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami