BH vs. C.E. King

BHFAN

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="liltex" post="1274225" timestamp="1347897715"]
2 scrimmage +'s w/ 2 ranked 4a teams & 3 wins(5a & 2-4a teams=6 tds allowed FW 1-Ned 2-Elkins 1  Liv 2  NC 0 =6 ppg allowed there's your answer bout haven't learned anything bout Dayt
[/quote]But they all are horrible teams remember.. ;) ::)  Early prediction for BHS NC & NCP will beat them :o and Gage will get fired next year when all the kids that carried him are gone from the Coach Price era. :'(

[quote name="liltex" post="1274225" timestamp="1347897715"]
2 scrimmage +'s w/ 2 ranked 4a teams & 3 wins(5a & 2-4a teams=6 tds allowed FW 1-Ned 2-Elkins 1  Liv 2  NC 0 =6 ppg allowed there's your answer bout haven't learned anything bout Dayt
[/quote]

1.) Scimmages are Practices
2.) Elkins (If they could catch they could win)
3.) Livingston (Starting QB out)
4.) New Caney well thats like beating Lumberton ;)
5.) Dayton hasn't been healthy, so no one knows what the team is capable of or if thier starters are better than thier back ups.

So NO WE HAVEN"T LEARNED ANYTHING ABOUT DAYTON 8)

[quote name="BHFAN" post="1274340" timestamp="1347904020"]
[quote author=liltex link=topic=103293.msg1274225#msg1274225 date=1347897715]
[/quote]

5.) Dayton hasn't been healthy, so no one knows what the team is capable of or if thier starters are better than thier back ups.

[b]So NO WE HAVEN"T LEARNED ANYTHING ABOUT DAYTON[/b] 8)
[/quote]Pretty good strategy, don't ya think?  8)

[quote name="octfeb" post="1274341" timestamp="1347904161"]
[quote author=BHFAN link=topic=103293.msg1274340#msg1274340 date=1347904020]
[/quote]

[b]So NO WE HAVEN"T LEARNED ANYTHING ABOUT DAYTON[/b] 8)
[/quote]Pretty good strategy, don't ya think?  8)
[/quote]

Working so far ;D One thing is for sure the Crosby scouts probably don't know much either 8)

Hope all of the Price clan comes back after this game to eat thier crow. You guys once handed him the keys to the city of HF after his opening season win over Splendora to watch the next 9 games go down with an "L". 2 years later. 3 wins and here we are. Oh and HF is winning now hmmmm 8)

[quote name="dayton" post="1274272" timestamp="1347900710"]
[quote author=bronco1 link=topic=103293.msg1274269#msg1274269 date=1347900296]
[/quote]

I didn't know that it was possible to type shorthand.  ;D
[/quote]

Haha... I've learned to speak liltex at this point.... now 4 or 5 years ago I had no clue!  ;D
[/quote]

Speaking of Liltex I need to call him back.  True story, I took him fishing and he was yelling "set the hook".  I kept thinking he was saying, "See the crook" so I thought someone was trying to steal the truck from the boat ramp.  Figured being from Dayton area, he had a keen eye for a crook and all.  ;D ;D

OK, so Dayton beat BH, then looses to BH and SC.  Crosby looses to King and SC.  BH wins out and takes district..........  ;) ;)  I know, I know........... sounded good! 

[quote name="Smoking Baby" post="1274935" timestamp="1347966043"]
After a stellar beating of the Crosby kitty-kats, I am predicting BH will blow-out CE King..... ;)  If not, we are going to have a Jim Jones event in BH.........still hoping Price has to dress in the bus barn........ ;)
[/quote] If C.E.King wins.. then guess they will be Barbies Hills daddy...

[quote name="bhsaints" post="1274943" timestamp="1347969660"]
In all seriousness, will someone explain the vast differences seen so far in Gage vs Price? The one thing off the field that stands out is Gages ability to pat more backs and shake hands and kiss the young up and coming eaglets on their foreheads. I want to know the x's and the o's difference in the two.
[/quote]

No one cares is the difference ;D Why does it matter? It will not bring Price back! You guys need to let it go, It's been 3 years now.

[quote name="bhsaints" post="1274943" timestamp="1347969660"]
In all seriousness, will someone explain the vast differences seen so far in Gage vs Price? The one thing off the field that stands out is Gages ability to pat more backs and shake hands and kiss the young up and coming eaglets on their foreheads. I want to know the x's and the o's difference in the two.
[/quote]

Coach Gage's players like and respect him and want to win for him as well. He makes good players better and makes everyone else around feel like they are a part of the team. BH does not have as much raw talent as most of the larger schools in our district but we win due to the committment and character of the parents, students, and coaches. Coach Gage even works in the concession stand when there is a need during the basketball season, something Coach Price would have never done. Coach Price was aloof and just seemed to be going through the motions his last couple of years. It was time for him to move on to a school with lower expectations. Hence, C.E. King was a logical move, shy of retirement.
He was probably shown the door at HF because they wanted to win also.  Sad :-[

[quote name="bh15" post="1275150" timestamp="1347985537"]
[quote author=bhsaints link=topic=103293.msg1274943#msg1274943 date=1347969660]
[/quote]

Coach Gage's players like and respect him and want to win for him as well. He makes good players better and makes everyone else around feel like they are a part of the team. BH does not have as much raw talent as most of the larger schools in our district but we win due to the committment and [b]character of the parents[/b], students, and coaches. [b]Coach Gage even works in the concession stand when there is a need during the basketball season[/b], something Coach Price would have never done. Coach Price was aloof and just seemed to be going through the motions his last couple of years. It was time for him to move on to a school with lower expectations. Hence, C.E. King was a logical move, shy of retirement.
[/quote]Thats questionable... I have seen plenty to know that ALOT of these parents look down their noses at most... But there are a few that don't have that I am superior to you attitude... Maybe thats part of his contract...

[quote name="bh15" post="1275150" timestamp="1347985537"]
[quote author=bhsaints link=topic=103293.msg1274943#msg1274943 date=1347969660]
[/quote]

Coach Gage's players like and respect him and want to win for him as well. He makes good players better and makes everyone else around feel like they are a part of the team. BH does not have as much raw talent as most of the larger schools in our district but we win due to the committment and character of the parents, students, and coaches. Coach Gage even works in the concession stand when there is a need during the basketball season, something Coach Price would have never done. Coach Price was aloof and just seemed to be going through the motions his last couple of years. It was time for him to move on to a school with lower expectations. Hence, C.E. King was a logical move, shy of retirement.
[/quote]

This ^^^^^^

Guest Cap Rock Brewing Co.
[quote name="liltex" post="1274131" timestamp="1347891462"]
13-13 w/7 min vs CS,CS posters say King brought the house & could have won 8)
[/quote]

I don't know.  Navasota beat the crap out of Coldspring but Mike Honcho pointed out that they are just decent for 3A. Following this logic, CS is not very good this year.

Anyway, I have nothing against Price but C.E. King seems to try and fight everyone they play. I think BH controls the game, and King is not disciplined or talented enought yet to stop BH's offense.  I think BH 35 King 23.

[quote name="Mr. Buddy Garrity" post="1275657" timestamp="1348023656"]
them refs are not gonna let Price win at his old stomping grounds IMO
[/quote]

I don't know how he will coach at BH anymore.  He can't squat on the 20 yard line, completely disconnected from his team, and pick grass.  That being said, he may be there all night trying.  ;D ;D

[quote name="Mr. Buddy Garrity" post="1275657" timestamp="1348023656"]
[/quote]

If Price doesn't win, it will be because his team got beat. The same as if Gage doesn't win. No matter how folks want to spin this game it is going to be whoever has the best team. I know some want Price to win to serve as some sort of "in your face" Price is a better coach than Gage, but it will not prove anything. If Gage wins will that make him a better coach than Price NOOOO. CEK beat BH when Price was head coach by a pretty good margin. I think this will be a good well coached game on both sides, may the best team win 8)

[quote name="Smoking Baby" post="1276024" timestamp="1348076055"]
[quote author=Mr. Buddy Garrity link=topic=103293.msg1275657#msg1275657 date=1348023656]
[/quote]

Maybe we can get a crew from HF in there........... ;) ;)
[/quote]and bring in the Vidor scoreboard and dress Barbie's Hill up in Central Jaguar uniforms.  ;)

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83

• Sure.  You reassign an employee and they leave voluntarily instead of being fired and being open to litigation.  The outcome is the same, but you are making my point.  The superintendent and AD and principal are all empowered to make personnel decisions.  Instead of accepting the decision made, you talk about lawyering up, no one else was reprimanded, railroad job.  I am old enough to remember when high school sports taught life lessons...accountability being chief among them.
    • I know absolutely nothing about the situation, but I do know head coaches of sports other than the AD have actual teaching assignments, and I know from my wife having worked in the sped department of multiple schools that it’s not uncommon at all for coaches to shirk those duties.  It could very well be that this was the case at BC.  Or not, I don’t know.  Just bringing this up to point out the fact that, although many coaches only want to worry about coaching, they generally have several other responsibilities at the school.  some of them neglect or ignore these duties entirely.  If he’s been written up for other issues before, it’s a dumb argument to say “he was punished for this and others were not”.  If he had a pile of write ups in his file and they did not then it makes sense that the punishments were different.  
    • He wasn’t fired, he was reassigned and people get reassigned all the time. If he was actually fired, then you would have a point, but he wasn’t fired. Based on the information presented here no way this would stand if they fired him and he lawyered up. 
    • I heard the assistant was going to get this job and assume it was referring to the old Vidor coach, Nate Smith.  I always thought he did more with less at Vidor and can't help but think he shares some responsibility in Vidor's recent success. 
    • Classic Bridge City.  Always someone else's fault, refs/umpires cheated, AD with an agenda, yada, yada, yada.  As far as I can tell it's damn near impossible to get fired at these schools so when someone does get fired, it's usually something.  Drama at Bridge City is a constant.  The guy did a good job coaching basketball and I'm sure he'll continue that somewhere else.  Time to move on.
  • Topics