Huffman non district schedule

mwm4795

I was a bit disapointed when I saw Huffman's non district games schedule. I dont know how these teams are picked if it is by the coach or some other means but I would like to see a tougher schedule before the district play begans. More like coldsprings they have some real tough teams.
Huffman: Kashmere,Worthing, Galena park and St Thomas Catholic
CS: King,Navasota,La Marque,LC-Mauriceville
Cleveland: Kirbyville,Madisonville,Sealy,Washington

As I am not taking or tring to take anything away from the teams we do play I would like to see a non district schedule with at least 1 team you could meet it the playoffs(navasota/Sealy/Silsbee Etc) atleast then we can judge where we are.

[quote name="mwm4795" post="1257955" timestamp="1346518481"]
I was a bit disapointed when I saw Huffman's non district games schedule. I dont know how these teams are picked if it is by the coach or some other means but I would like to see a tougher schedule before the district play begans. More like coldsprings they have some real tough teams.
Huffman: Kashmere,Worthing, Galena park and St Thomas Catholic
CS: King,Navasota,La Marque,LC-Mauriceville
Cleveland: Kirbyville,Madisonville,Sealy,Washington

As I am not taking or tring to take anything away from the teams we do play I would like to see a non district schedule with at least 1 team you could meet it the playoffs(navasota/Sealy/Silsbee Etc) atleast then we can judge where we are.
[/quote]

I agree, although this year's schedule is tougher than the last 2 years. I don't  know why we don't schedule better teams, heck I would love for them to schedule Crosby and BH in the pre district.

Per Barbay's pregame interview the tough non district schedule wasn't purposely done. Last years non district foes made it known after the games that they weren't playing CS anymore. As a result Barbay started calling around looking for opponents but had a very hard time finding anyone wanting to play.

Navasota & LeMarque agreed to play only at home. I believe CE King is a 2 game agreement & they flipped for home game this year & CS lost the flip. Don't remember the details of how the LCM game was scheduled.

Bottom line it's probably quite a bit tougher than Barbay would like (especially playing all 4 on the road) but as he said he wanted to play 10 games not 9 & administration/superintendent gave him the ok. As a result CS only has 3 home games this year. On the bright side of things they should be well tested going into district play & playoffs. Main concern right now is just staying healthy.

A lot of times when you schedule, some teams won't play other schools... LaMarque and Navasota had a tough time filling out their schedule... The only option was Coldspring (who no one else wanted to play). I am not saying Huffman is there yet, but a lot of teams don't want to play a 3A that might beat them.

I am sure it would look bad if Huffman beat Crosby, just as it would if Cleveland beat New Caney.... And Dayton beating Elkins...

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    siiyyaa
    Newest Member
    siiyyaa