Newton the step child of SETX

Guest ECBucFan
[quote name="EagleFan01" post="1253265" timestamp="1346175817"]
I understand what you are saying. Well I think I do anyway, are you saying that the enterprise never covers Newton or talks about them until everyone else in Setx are eliminated from the state playoffs.
[/quote]

The Beaumont Enterprise rankings just came out, and Newton is the [u]#1 ranked 2A team[/u], over EC. Also SETX Sports has [u]Newton #1,[/u] and the AP poll has [u]Newton #4 in the state[/u], and the 5A poll has [u]Newton #1 in the state[/u].

What else do you want, exactly? You would be whining like crazy if you had defeated EC the past two years, and had won the 2A district the past two years, if EC was now ranked over you. However, NO WHINING has emanated from EC at all, despite EC being the back to back 2A Champions. No respect for the Bucs at all. It ALL goes to Newton. Again. [u][/u] 

[quote name="ECBucFan" post="1253664" timestamp="1346207299"]
[quote author=EagleFan01 link=topic=102121.msg1253265#msg1253265 date=1346175817]
I understand what you are saying. Well I think I do anyway, are you saying that the enterprise never covers Newton or talks about them until everyone else in Setx are eliminated from the state playoffs.
[/quote]

The Beaumont Enterprise rankings just came out, and Newton is the [u]#1 ranked 2A team[/u], over EC. Also SETX Sports has [u]Newton #1,[/u] and the AP poll has [u]Newton #4 in the state[/u], and the 5A poll has [u]Newton #1 in the state[/u].

What else do you want, exactly? You would be whining like crazy if you had defeated EC the past two years, and had won the 2A district the past two years, if EC was now ranked over you. However, NO WHINING has emanated from EC at all, despite EC being the back to back 2A Champions. No respect for the Bucs at all. It ALL goes to Newton. Again. [u][/u]
[/quote] Loooool

[quote name="ECBucFan" post="1253664" timestamp="1346207299"]
[quote author=EagleFan01 link=topic=102121.msg1253265#msg1253265 date=1346175817]
[/quote]

[/quote]
If this isn't whining, what is it?

I did not see Newton #1 as ECBucFan has stated. I saw them at #4 and EC at #5 based on this year, not last year. Again ECBucFan has skewed the data to make something out to be against his mighty Bucs that just ain't so. EC is the reigning 10 2A D1 champs and deserve recognition for this. But this is a different year. Whining? That's all that comes from ECBucFan until he can be condescending after the fact. He likes to point out how everyone else that says their team will win is wrong, after the fact, but does not have guts enough to say anything about his Bucs until after the fact and then he gloats about the win. EC is a good program with a history of winning at the local level. They have lots of good supporters that believe in the Bucs. But for one Buc supporter to continually attack with inaccurate statements makes me think he is closely kin to one certain poster from Kirbyville. ;)

[quote name="EagleFan01" post="1253265" timestamp="1346175817"]
[quote author=Back2swag link=topic=102121.msg1252391#msg1252391 date=1346076676]
The Newton Eagles are not favored to win district 10-2a , putting them in a familiar role. The small school underdog,  Newton has never been known to be favored by the golden triangle area well. So this is no surprise to see Newton picked to get second place in District. Hopefully with the addition of all the big sophomores and The skill postitions players that looked to be primed this year Newton will run there district and bring themselves back to the dirty bird swag era that they had between 96-06. I think the biggest question for all that support Newton will be can they win the big game. Dates could be off a little correct me if im wrong 07 lost to eventual champ Tatum .08 lost to Dangerfield eventual state champ. 09 same thing .lost to Dangerfield eventual state champ. 10 lost Barbay , lost to EC and lost to eventual state finailst Cameron yoe 11 lost to Ec lost to Crockett,  most of these loses were decided by 14 points or less except Cam and Newton gave away the lead in all of those games except Cameron yoe. This team has the talent to go all the way , the question is do they have the HEART.
[/quote]

I understand what you are saying. Well I think I do anyway, are you saying that the enterprise never covers Newton or talks about them until everyone else in Setx are eliminated from the state playoffs. Because if that is what you are saying I totally agree with you there, also I would go as far as to say that goes for all three media outlets as well.  They never talk about Newton or cover any of there games unless they are playing a team from the triangle. The only time they start to cover Newton really good is when everyone is eliminated from playoffs. You never see any pictures of Newton games in the paper or any stats from there games.
[/quote] yes true story

To show how much difference there is in EC and Newton is look up there matchups vs the east Texas schools. Dangerfield , Tatum and Crocket the last few years . Newton loses by one maybe two scroes and plays terrible , Ec plays those same teams and loses by 30 or 40 points.... Newton has just failed to show up against east chambers the last couple of years, they will have a little more motivation this year.

[quote name="robanadana" post="1253635" timestamp="1346204514"]
Really, try being from Vidor. We're in Orange County but not really in Orange County yet we have the best football team in Orange County. Go figure.....I promise you get more respect than we do....
[/quote]
I saw plenty of vidor coverage last year... you guys cant be in the paper every Saturday

[quote name="Back2swag" post="1253756" timestamp="1346242890"]
To show how much difference there is in EC and Newton is look up there matchups vs the east Texas schools. Dangerfield , Tatum and Crocket the last few years . Newton loses by one maybe two scroes and plays terrible , Ec plays those same teams and loses by 30 or 40 points.... Newton has just failed to show up against east chambers the last couple of years, they will have a little more motivation this year.
[/quote]

Not true.. EC has never lost a game.  We just played terrible just like when Newton loses.  ::)

[quote name="Back2swag" post="1253756" timestamp="1346242890"]
[/quote]

I would like to say you make a good point but the facts don't back you up.

2011-Newton losses by 21 to Crockett in the Area Round. EC losses by 38 to Tatum in the Regionals. EC advances further and Tatum beats Crockett. Also, EC beats Newton heads up in district for the title.

2010-Newton losses by 44 to Cameron Yoe in the Area Round. EC losses by 16 to Cameron Yoe in Regionals. EC advances further than Newton again. Also, EC beats Newton heads up in district for the title.

2009-Newton losses by 21 to Daingerfield in the Quarter Finals. EC losses to Daingerfield by 50 in Regionals. Newton advances further and the 2 teams didn't play during the season. EC place first in their district.

As far as I can see, EC has never played Crockett.

So much for "the last couple of years" theory.

[quote name="ChampionEagles" post="1253070" timestamp="1346155285"]
[quote author=DP#1FAN link=topic=102121.msg1253067#msg1253067 date=1346154651]
Newton has always [b]been respected in the area[/b]. To say they have not been ? I wonder what you really know about high school football.
[/quote]
He knows more than you because his original statement about the Beaumont Enterprise is correct. You didn't read all the post.
[/quote] Another bright one here.

[quote name="DP#1FAN" post="1253809" timestamp="1346247217"]
[quote author=ChampionEagles link=topic=102121.msg1253070#msg1253070 date=1346155285]
[quote author=DP#1FAN link=topic=102121.msg1253067#msg1253067 date=1346154651]
Newton has always [b]been respected in the area[/b]. To say they have not been ? I wonder what you really know about high school football.
[/quote]
He knows more than you because his original statement about the Beaumont Enterprise is correct. You didn't read all the post.
[/quote] [/quote]
OOOOoooo. I'm stinging! What part of this is incorrect? I stand by his original statement concerning the Beaumont Enterprise, nothing else.

[quote name="uknowit2" post="1253802" timestamp="1346246850"]
[quote author=Back2swag link=topic=102121.msg1253756#msg1253756 date=1346242890]
[/quote]

I would like to say you make a good point but the facts don't back you up.

2011-Newton losses by 21 to Crockett in the Area Round. EC losses by 38 to Tatum in the Regionals. EC advances further and Tatum beats Crockett. Also, EC beats Newton heads up in district for the title.

2010-Newton losses by 44 to Cameron Yoe in the Area Round. EC losses by 16 to Cameron Yoe in Regionals. EC advances further than Newton again. Also, EC beats Newton heads up in district for the title.

2009-Newton losses by 21 to Daingerfield in the Quarter Finals. EC losses to Daingerfield by 50 in Regionals. Newton advances further and the 2 teams didn't play during the season. EC place first in their district.

As far as I can see, EC has never played Crockett.

So much for "the last couple of years" theory.
[/quote]
All of this is correct. :)

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    kakiri550
    Newest Member
    kakiri550

• No chance in hell that this pos is found guilty. 
    • After his silly conviction, President Trump has raised over 200 Million dollars!  The people are seeing through it!  Excellent!  
    • Let’s see if joe biden’s words about no one is above the law, made after the rigged trial of President Trump, rings true with his po💩son.  Hopefully, but I’m not going to hold my breath, they put the sorry sob in prison.
    • I liked his no bull crap attitude. He was a man of very few words. Extremely strong and freaky athletic!!! As close as possible to being the best offensive lineman to ever play the game. I hope his family finds peace without him!!! RIP #73
    • Chester, a small town in NE Tyler County.  A town that is seeing growth with the addition of a national chain store and a new school being built.  If you travel 287 toward Dallas from the Golden Triangle you have probably passed through Chester.  Things tend to stay pretty consistent and it is your typical small town.   A trip to state is the buzz around town, and the talk before church services begin on Sunday.  This year’s graduating class will number 11.  We don’t have a radio station that covers the Yellowjackets.  We are never a lead story on any of the news stations that broadcast to our community. With all that said, there is a closeness and sense of pride in our community.  Every community rallies behind their kids as they progress into the playoffs.  We are proud of our boys as they have represented our community well and with class. We invite you to follow our boys as they go to state.  We welcome the greater SETX communities as honorary Yellowjackets.  Tune in, watch live or come to Round Rock personally and join us in supporting the Chester Yellowjackets.  Go ‘Jackets!!! ⚾️💜💛⚾️🟣🟡⚾️💜💛⚾️
  • Topics