Newton the step child of SETX

The Newton Eagles are not favored to win district 10-2a , putting them in a familiar role. The small school underdog,  Newton has never been known to be favored by the golden triangle area well. So this is no surprise to see Newton picked to get second place in District. Hopefully with the addition of all the big sophomores and The skill postitions players that looked to be primed this year Newton will run there district and bring themselves back to the dirty bird swag era that they had between 96-06. I think the biggest question for all that support Newton will be can they win the big game. Dates could be off a little correct me if im wrong 07 lost to eventual champ Tatum .08 lost to Dangerfield eventual state champ. 09 same thing .lost to Dangerfield eventual state champ. 10 lost Barbay , lost to EC and lost to eventual state finailst Cameron yoe 11 lost to Ec lost to Crockett,  most of these loses were decided by 14 points or less except Cam and Newton gave away the lead in all of those games except Cameron yoe. This team has the talent to go all the way , the question is do they have the HEART.

Guest ECBucFan
Class 2A  -  AP Poll

1.  Refugio (17)
2.  Cameron Yoe (3)
3.  Daingerfield (3)
[b]4.  Newton (1)[/b]
5.  Lexington
6.  Tatum
7.  Cisco
8.  Wall
9.  Hempstead
10. Muleshoe

2A-D1  - TX 5A poll

[b]1. Newton[/b]
2. Muleshoe
3. Cameron Yoe
4. Daingerfield
5. Crockett
6. New Boston
7. Wall
8. Commerce
9. Tatum
10. Littlefield

[quote name="Back2swag" post="1252391" timestamp="1346076676"]
The Newton Eagles are not favored to win district 10-2a , putting them in a familiar role. The small school underdog,  Newton has never been known to be favored by the golden triangle area well. So this is no surprise to see [b]Newton picked to get second place in District.[/b] Hopefully with the addition of all the big sophomores and The skill postitions players that looked to be primed this year Newton will run there district and bring themselves back to the dirty bird swag era that they had between 96-06. I think the biggest question for all that support Newton will be can they win the big game. Dates could be off a little correct me if im wrong 07 lost to eventual champ Tatum .08 lost to Dangerfield eventual state champ. 09 same thing .lost to Dangerfield eventual state champ. 10 lost Barbay , lost to EC and lost to eventual state finailst Cameron yoe 11 lost to Ec lost to Crockett,  most of these loses were decided by 14 points or less except Cam and Newton gave away the lead in all of those games except Cameron yoe. This team has the talent to go all the way , the question is do they have the HEART.
[/quote]

I'm ok with us being favored by some to come in 2nd in district. East Chambers beat us last year, even though it was tough to watch they got the W. Also they had a better scrimmage against Silsbee than we did, so their is a few reasons for some to give the nod to E.C.. I understand, we just have to get the district title back in Newton this year and until then E.C. has the right to be favored, even though I don't like it any more than any other Newton fan! Can't argue with the numbers.

Go Eagles!

[quote author=KingJames123 link=topic=102121.msg1252444#msg1252444 date=1346078842]
To say Newton has never been favored n this area is definitely not a smart statement...
[/quote
Study your history , Newton has never been favored when facing stiff competion from This area or in playoffs, Im talking a about beamont sports writers and there predictions.  The state gives Newton respect but the golden triangle tends to treat Newton like a step child...

Guest ECBucFan
[quote name="Back2swag" post="1252510" timestamp="1346081766"]
The state gives Newton respect but the golden triangle tends to treat Newton like a step child...
[/quote]

SETX 2A/1A/Privates Poll

[b]Rank  1 Newton [4][/b]  0-0      Aug. 31 vs. Bridge City

[quote name="ECBucFan" post="1252515" timestamp="1346081969"]
[quote author=Back2swag link=topic=102121.msg1252510#msg1252510 date=1346081766]
The state gives Newton respect but the golden triangle tends to treat Newton like a step child...
[/quote]

SETX 2A/1A/Privates Poll

[/quote]
OK but that's not the point. I didn't say setx sports I'm going from beamont media

I don't care about rankings or district titles. First got to make the playoffs. Then got to get better in the playoffs. I don't care what the Golden Triangle thinks or calls us. We have been lots of places that most down there only dream about. Texas High School Football history has Newton written in many places in the upper 5% of all schools in Texas. Why do we need anyone's approval? Go Eagles! Could be a real good year for us. Have to wait and see.

Huh?!? IMO over the last 35 to 40 years Newton and I would say WOS has come to symbolize SE Texas football in regards to dominating locally and contending at the state level...I wish my school would have had 25% of the success that the Eagles have enjoyed.. As for the Beaumont press who cares...there's not much left of them anyway....my 2¢...

[quote name="88Warrior" post="1252589" timestamp="1346087394"]
Huh?!? IMO over the last 35 to 40 years Newton and I would say WOS has come to symbolize SE Texas football in regards to dominating locally and contending at the state level...I wish my school would have had 25% of the success that the Eagles have enjoyed.. As for the Beaumont press who cares...there's not much left of them anyway....my 2¢...
[/quote]
I'll add 3 cents to yours to make a nickles worth and a +1 on karma. Good post. :)

[quote name="Back2swag" post="1252519" timestamp="1346082188"]
[quote author=ECBucFan link=topic=102121.msg1252515#msg1252515 date=1346081969]
[quote author=Back2swag link=topic=102121.msg1252510#msg1252510 date=1346081766]
[/quote]

SETX 2A/1A/Privates Poll

[/quote]
OK but that's not the point. I didn't say setx sports I'm going from beamont media
[/quote]
Media don't mean nothing. Trust me it ain't worth griping about.

[quote name="DP#1FAN" post="1253067" timestamp="1346154651"]
Newton has always [b]been respected in the area[/b]. To say they have not been ? I wonder what you really know about high school football.
[/quote]
He knows more than you because his original statement about the Beaumont Enterprise is correct. You didn't read all the post.

Guest EagleFan01
[quote name="Back2swag" post="1252391" timestamp="1346076676"]
The Newton Eagles are not favored to win district 10-2a , putting them in a familiar role. The small school underdog,  Newton has never been known to be favored by the golden triangle area well. So this is no surprise to see Newton picked to get second place in District. Hopefully with the addition of all the big sophomores and The skill postitions players that looked to be primed this year Newton will run there district and bring themselves back to the dirty bird swag era that they had between 96-06. I think the biggest question for all that support Newton will be can they win the big game. Dates could be off a little correct me if im wrong 07 lost to eventual champ Tatum .08 lost to Dangerfield eventual state champ. 09 same thing .lost to Dangerfield eventual state champ. 10 lost Barbay , lost to EC and lost to eventual state finailst Cameron yoe 11 lost to Ec lost to Crockett,  most of these loses were decided by 14 points or less except Cam and Newton gave away the lead in all of those games except Cameron yoe. This team has the talent to go all the way , the question is do they have the HEART.
[/quote]

I understand what you are saying. Well I think I do anyway, are you saying that the enterprise never covers Newton or talks about them until everyone else in Setx are eliminated from the state playoffs. Because if that is what you are saying I totally agree with you there, also I would go as far as to say that goes for all three media outlets as well.  They never talk about Newton or cover any of there games unless they are playing a team from the triangle. The only time they start to cover Newton really good is when everyone is eliminated from playoffs. You never see any pictures of Newton games in the paper or any stats from there games.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    kofajas476
    Newest Member
    kofajas476