Best Post Player in The Area

[quote name="BLUEDOVE3" post="1252181" timestamp="1346035096"]
[quote author=Honest Abe link=topic=102086.msg1251932#msg1251932 date=1346018252]
[quote author=BLUEDOVE3 link=topic=102086.msg1251767#msg1251767 date=1346004640]
POWER FORWARD? Basketball is changing. You have point forwards who are 6'8" now. They create and shoot off the dribble now. Which is why the kid Zeno is trying to come into his own as a guard.. He knows he wont be a post in the future. So, I guess we are still on topic since you brought me back there.
[/quote]
Excuse my ignorance, but what is a Point Forward? As far as Weisbrod, I don't see him as a 2 guard or 'wing man' in college. I used the term power forward, bc he is strong and physical. Was Charles Barkley not a power forward for 20 years at 6'4"? If you want to call him a 'point forward', fine. He is a skilled kid, and he will only be a Junior this year.
Who knows what he will be in 2 years.
[/quote] A power forward who can run a fast break or break down a player from the wing..LeBron would be a good example
[/quote]Gotcha. Thanks for the education.  ;)

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="Honest Abe" post="1252204" timestamp="1346036195"]
[quote author=IhoopAllDay link=topic=102086.msg1252134#msg1252134 date=1346033239]
[quote author=Honest Abe link=topic=102086.msg1251976#msg1251976 date=1346022433]
[quote author=Pumper link=topic=102086.msg1251972#msg1251972 date=1346021138]
Weisbrod is one of the better players in the area, but I'm not sold on him having much of a college future.  He may be a classic tweener.  Very good HS player, but where to you play him in college?
[/quote]
Good question. At 6'5" he won't play post, and he may be too small to
play forward, but that depends on where he goes. He has above average ball handling skills and a decent outside shot. He COULD develop into a '3' possibly? I don't know. I'm not going to pretend like I know what it takes to play college basketball!  ;D
[/quote]Colton's not 6'5
[/quote]I don't know his exact height, but I know the kid can play. His role at Nederland is to play post, and he will do whatever is needed to help Big Ned win. As I mentioned, he can handle the ball well, and he can create from a guard position or post. The kid knows how to finish in whichever role he needs to. Maybe he won't be a power forward in college, but he will do well at the '3' position. Either way, his future looks bright.
[/quote]Coltons is about 6'3. But like I said earlier he to me is the best player in this area. When he joins us we became much much better. But he will handle the ball a lot for Nederland this year that's why I didnt list him in the first post.

[quote name="BLUEDOVE3" post="1252227" timestamp="1346037622"]
And I know how to stop him from scoring...too bad I'm not playing.
[/quote]
Dove- that isnt the first time you have made remarks about your knowledge of knowing how to stop people from scoring.  I am curious how this knowledge is exclusive to you and not to others who are in the business full time and doing so for a living?

It appears that Wiesbrod is about 6'4" and he's very strong and crafty to get the ball in the hoop.  IMO, he will need to work on the outside game to be ready on the next level.  I've seen him push the rock on a fast break, so I would say that his ball handling skills are ok.  You Mention kids playing post now and they won't be playing it in college?  I think it's about what helps the team.  If you are the tallest players on your team, you should be in the paint banging...  Unless you are a freak of nature or you're able to play the guard positions better than those little 5'6" players.  Then, by all means, do what you do. 

[quote name="Stevenash" post="1252292" timestamp="1346065095"]
[quote author=BLUEDOVE3 link=topic=102086.msg1252227#msg1252227 date=1346037622]
[/quote]
Dove- that isnt the first time you have made remarks about your knowledge of knowing how to stop people from scoring.  I am curious how this knowledge is exclusive to you and not to others who are in the business full time and doing so for a living?
[/quote] Funny isn't it- But you forget. I use to be in the business ;)

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="1252293" timestamp="1346065337"]
It appears that Wiesbrod is about 6'4" and he's very strong and crafty to get the ball in the hoop.  IMO, he will need to work on the outside game to be ready on the next level.  I've seen him push the rock on a fast break, so I would say that his ball handling skills are ok.  You Mention kids playing post now and they won't be playing it in college?  I think it's about what helps the team.  If you are the tallest players on your team, you should be in the paint banging...  Unless you are a freak of nature or you're able to play the guard positions better than those little 5'6" players.  Then, by all means, do what you do.
[/quote]Good points! Here is what I see often. A young kid grows fast and its just natural to want to put him on the block. And usually , he never works on improving his game (on their own time) to get better. So he graduates from high school with no "point forward" or guard skills because now, he's [color=red]ONLY[/color] 6'5" or shorter. I see too many kids playing in the moment and not preparing for the future. Hmmmm?

Guest tigersvoice
[quote name="BLUEDOVE3" post="1252310" timestamp="1346070194"]
[quote author=Stevenash link=topic=102086.msg1252292#msg1252292 date=1346065095]
[quote author=BLUEDOVE3 link=topic=102086.msg1252227#msg1252227 date=1346037622]
[/quote]
[/quote]

No; what's funny is that IF you were as good as you REMEMBER being, you'd still be in the business. ;)

[quote name="Tigersvoice" post="1252321" timestamp="1346071727"]
[quote author=BLUEDOVE3 link=topic=102086.msg1252310#msg1252310 date=1346070194]
[quote author=Stevenash link=topic=102086.msg1252292#msg1252292 date=1346065095]
[/quote]
[/quote]

No; what's funny is that IF you were as good as you REMEMBER being, you'd still be in the business. ;)
[/quote]LOL! I'm still near the business. Just decided to do more training ;)

[quote name="BLUEDOVE3" post="1252315" timestamp="1346070580"]
[quote author=BMTSoulja1 link=topic=102086.msg1252293#msg1252293 date=1346065337]
[/quote]Good points! Here is what I see often. A young kid grows fast and its just natural to want to put him on the block. And usually , he never works on improving his game (on their own time) to get better. So he graduates from high school with no "point forward" or guard skills because now, he's [color=red]ONLY[/color] 6'5" or shorter. I see too many kids playing in the moment and not preparing for the future. Hmmmm?
[/quote]
I understand what you are saying. Not sure the last time you saw him play, but he is NOT simply a block player. Not gonna give you too much info or you might figure out how to stop him.  ::)
BD3-I would pay good money to see you try to 'stop him'. Maybe Nash can get a charity event together, an the highlight will be BD3 attempting to stop all the post players from the area!  ;D
You game BD3?  8)

[quote name="Honest Abe" post="1252340" timestamp="1346073442"]
[quote author=BLUEDOVE3 link=topic=102086.msg1252315#msg1252315 date=1346070580]
[quote author=BMTSoulja1 link=topic=102086.msg1252293#msg1252293 date=1346065337]
[/quote]
I understand what you are saying. Not sure the last time you saw him play, but he is NOT simply a block player. Not gonna give you too much info or you might figure out how to stop him.  ::)
BD3-I would pay good money to see you try to 'stop him'. Maybe Nash can get a charity event together, an the highlight will be BD3 attempting to stop all the post players from the area!  ;D
You game BD3?  8)
[/quote] Two words! Brandon Green. Wish he had stayed  at Ozen.

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="1252293" timestamp="1346065337"]
[/quote]
Good post Soulja. He will play the position necessary to help his team be successful. Remember, he will be a junior this year. His game will change and improve a lot over this season and next. As of now, he handles the ball as good any of our guards do! His worth ethic is impeccable, and he will be ready for college ball at whatever position is asked of him.

[quote name="BLUEDOVE3" post="1252373" timestamp="1346075791"]
[quote author=Honest Abe link=topic=102086.msg1252340#msg1252340 date=1346073442]
[quote author=BLUEDOVE3 link=topic=102086.msg1252315#msg1252315 date=1346070580]
It appears that Wiesbrod is about 6'4" and he's very strong and crafty to get the ball in the hoop.  IMO, he will need to work on the outside game to be ready on the next level.  I've seen him push the rock on a fast
break, so I would say that his ball handling skills are ok.  You Mention kids playing post now and they won't be playing it in college?  I think it's about what helps the team.  If you are the tallest players on your team, you should be in the paint banging...  Unless you are a freak of nature or you're able to play the guard positions better than those little 5'6" players.  Then, by all means, do what you do.
[/quote]Good points! Here is what I see often. A young kid grows fast
and its just natural to want to put him on the block. And usually , he never works on improving his game (on their own time) to get better. So he graduates from high school with no "point forward" or guard skills because now, he's [color=red]ONLY[/color] 6'5" or shorter. I see too many kids playing in the moment and not preparing for the future. Hmmmm?
[/quote]
I understand what you are saying. Not sure the last time you saw him
play, but he is NOT simply a block player. Not gonna give you too much info or you might figure out how to stop him.  ::)
You game BD3?  8)
[/quote]I'll put Brandon Green on him...enough said ;)
[/quote]
That's only one player. Gonna need at least 2, just ask the Houston/LA kids. More specifically the 6'7" twins from the Dream Team.

I believe "stop" is an over used and over rated term.  LeBron James covered Rondo in one of the playoff games for the bulk of the game and Rondo only got 46 in that one and he is not a very good shooter according to the myriad of "experts".  Stop implies shutting somebody totally down whereas if we get realistic, NOBODY that is decent is going to be totally shut down by someone else of a comparable experience background.  .  Additionally, in the first Silsbee - HJ game last year when Silsbee press was giving HJ fits, Mr. Bosha was the ONLY ball handler who did not turn it over.  Only problem was he was not given that ball handling opportunity until late in the third quarter.

[quote name="Honest Abe" post="1252375" timestamp="1346075814"]
[/quote]
Good post Soulja. He will play the position necessary to help his team be successful. Remember, he will be a junior this year. His game will change and improve a lot over this season and next. As of now, he handles the ball as good any of our guards do! His worth ethic is impeccable, and he will be ready for college ball at whatever position is asked of him.
[/quote] Livingston baby! Which reminds me...[s]is football season over yet? [/s] Sorry, just wishful thinking.

[quote name="BLUEDOVE3" post="1252373" timestamp="1346075791"]
[quote author=Honest Abe link=topic=102086.msg1252340#msg1252340 date=1346073442]
[/quote]
You game BD3?  8)
[/quote]Ohh wow!  Where did he go?  He was a good looking sophmore from last year that was comming into  his own!

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="1252412" timestamp="1346077608"]
[quote author=BLUEDOVE3 link=topic=102086.msg1252373#msg1252373 date=1346075791]
[/quote]
You game BD3?  8)
[/quote]Ohh wow!  Where did he go?  He was a good looking sophmore from last year that was comming into  his own!
[/quote]North Shore High.

[quote name="BLUEDOVE3" post="1252419" timestamp="1346077770"]
[quote author=BMTSoulja1 link=topic=102086.msg1252412#msg1252412 date=1346077608]
[quote author=BLUEDOVE3 link=topic=102086.msg1252373#msg1252373 date=1346075791]
[/quote]
You game BD3?  8)
[/quote]Ohh.  I see.  Playing his last 2 years with Dad.  I thought that's what Trey Green was going to do last year.  I wish him luck.  Ozen will be losing a lot from this kid. 

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="1252423" timestamp="1346077942"]
[quote author=BLUEDOVE3 link=topic=102086.msg1252419#msg1252419 date=1346077770]
[quote author=BMTSoulja1 link=topic=102086.msg1252412#msg1252412 date=1346077608]
[quote author=BLUEDOVE3
link=topic=102086.msg1252315#msg1252315 date=1346070580]
[/quote]
You game BD3?  8)
[/quote]Ohh.  I see.  Playing his last 2 years with Dad.  I thought that's what Trey Green was going to do last year.  I wish him luck.  Ozen will be losing a lot from this kid.
[/quote]
Isn't North Shore one of Catman's teams?

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="1252423" timestamp="1346077942"]
[quote author=BLUEDOVE3 link=topic=102086.msg1252419#msg1252419 date=1346077770]
[/quote]
You game BD3?  8)
[/quote]Yep, the one player in the district who could contain Nederland's post to 4 points, 2 rebounds, & 0 assists  ;D

[quote name="BLUEDOVE3" post="1252480" timestamp="1346080648"]
[quote author=BMTSoulja1 link=topic=102086.msg1252423#msg1252423 date=1346077942]
It appears that Wiesbrod is about 6'4" and he's very strong and crafty to get the ball in the hoop.  IMO, he will need to work on the outside game to be ready on the next level.  I've seen him push the rock on a fast break, so I would say that his ball handling skills are ok.  You Mention kids playing post now and they won't be playing it in college?  I think it's about what helps the team.  If you are the tallest players on your team,
you should be in the paint banging...  Unless you are a freak of nature or you're able to play the guard positions better than those little 5'6" players.  Then, by all means, do what you do.
[/quote]
You game BD3?  8)
[/quote]Ohh wow!  Where did he go?  He was a good looking sophmore
from last year that was comming into  his own!
[/quote]Yep, the one player in the district who could contain Nederland's post to 4 points, 2 rebounds, & 0 assists  ;D
[/quote] ::) ::)

[quote name="Honest Abe" post="1252460" timestamp="1346079750"]
[quote author=BMTSoulja1 link=topic=102086.msg1252423#msg1252423 date=1346077942]
[quote author=BLUEDOVE3
link=topic=102086.msg1252315#msg1252315 date=1346070580]
[/quote]
You game BD3?  8)
[/quote]
Isn't North Shore one of Catman's teams?
[/quote]Yep.  When Big Sandy isn't doing good, he'll claim that NS is his team....  untill I call him out on it, of course.  8)

[quote name="BLUEDOVE3" post="1252480" timestamp="1346080648"]
[/quote]
You game BD3?  8)
[/quote]Ouch!  :)

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83