Silsbee 83 WOS 79 Final Double OT

KFDM COOP

this is the best game ive ever seen......80-79 silsbee

I totally agree...BEST GAME OF THE YEAR!..Enough said about that...Coach Killam really knows how to coach those girls and I must say he's really going to make sure these girls to the top!They played smart in the game with the 3pter by Wineland #32 and the steal/lay up within 10 secs by Green.Big Props to the girls for not giving up and sticking it through from beginning to end..

Man you can say that again about this district. If you don't bring your "A" game each night any team in this district can beat you!!! I wasn't at the game but that intentional foul sounds like a heat of the battle thing. I mean when you have two very good, competitive teams battling out like that, emotions take over sometimes. I'm sure the girl from Silsbee mean't nothing by it and I'm sure Brittany knew the same. As parents and fans when we see something like that happen it's just a reaction to stand and yell...and as a parent it's a reaction because it happen to your child. Same thing happen when Orangefield played Lumberton earlier in the year with two kids that know each other well and played together on an AAU team for years. It just happens sometimes. Sounds like it was handled well by both teams and fans.

I have seen hundreds of girls basketball games over the years and played in many myself, but last nights game has got to be the absolute best game I have ever witnessed. 

Brittany Scott is a tremendous athlete and a c l a s s act!  My hat is off to her parents because I know they had a hand in that.  Coach Orebo and the Lady Mustangs played great and you all should be proud.  It was hard to see them lose after battling all night like they did.

Congratulations to Coach Killam, Coach Franks, and the Lady Tigers!  I am so proud of you for fighting back even when you were down. 

That "intentional foul" was definitely not intended to injure Ms. Scott... unfortunately the Lady Tigers were in a must foul situation and they had actually committed several fouls trying to get the call and the referees apparently didn't see them, and I guess they were just trying to make it obvious enough to get the call.  I know that there was no malicious intent, but I also understand that the officials had to make that call, and that Ms. Scott's parents were just reacting to the possibility that their daughter was hurt.  It settled down quickly and wasn't really that big of a deal once everyone figured out exactly what had happened.  (the refs tried to make all the fans sit down -which they did, but were back up on their feet at the very next bit of excitement!!)  That was by far one of the very best high school girl's games I have ever seen.  The intensity of the game from opening tipoff to the final buzzer in the double overtime was electric. 

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CougarCrazy124
    Newest Member
    CougarCrazy124