Pre Season Class 4-A and 5-A Region III

Guest octfeb

Guest octfeb
http://www.texashsfootball.com/previewguide/pre12/4areg3.htm

And if SC can "hang" with the big horses (Dayton), they may have a chance...  ;D

http://www.texashsfootball.com/previewguide/pre12/5areg3.htm

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest octfeb
[quote name="Mr. Buddy Garrity" post="1247723" timestamp="1345484596"]
I dont see how PNG is ahead of FB Marshall, Vidor or Crosby. Friendswood has no business in any poll IMO.
[/quote]It's a popularity contest... Friendswood could suck for years.. and still manage to make the polls...

. . . Friendswood has no business in any poll IMO. . .
[/quote]

Hey Buddy! We agree on something! I think Friendswood could struggle to make the playoffs again this year. Texas City, Dawson and GCM seem obvious in District 24. But of the other four, I'm not sure who would knock Friendswood out of the fourth spot. So they may make the playoffs more out of default than anything. 24-4A is not the region power that it has been the past three years.

I wouldn't be surprised if District 23's Angleton and Terry sweep R3 D1 and D2 this year.

[quote name="RHBoiler" post="1247737" timestamp="1345486788"]
[quote author=Mr. Buddy Garrity link=topic=101814.msg1247723#msg1247723 date=1345484596]
. . . Friendswood has no business in any poll IMO. . .
[/quote]

Hey Buddy! We agree on something! I think Friendswood could struggle to make the playoffs again this year. Texas City, Dawson and GCM seem obvious in District 24. But of the other four, I'm not sure who would knock Friendswood out of the fourth spot. So they may make the playoffs more out of default than anything. 24-4A is not the region power that it has been the past three years.

I wouldn't be surprised if District 23's Angleton and Terry sweep R3 D1 and D2 this year.
[/quote]im eager to see what Ball does in their second year with their coach

[quote name="octfeb" post="1247720" timestamp="1345483980"]

And if SC can "hang" with the big horses (Dayton), they may have a chance...  ;D

[/quote]
Were going to do a lot more than "hang" ;)

[quote name="SCDAWGS" post="1247746" timestamp="1345487369"]
[quote author=octfeb link=topic=101814.msg1247720#msg1247720 date=1345483980]

[/quote]
[/quote]
They failed to mention one of our other linebackers which Dayton should know very well, Mark Domio.

[quote name="SCDAWGS" post="1247755" timestamp="1345488145"]
[quote author=SCDAWGS link=topic=101814.msg1247746#msg1247746 date=1345487369]
[quote author=octfeb link=topic=101814.msg1247720#msg1247720 date=1345483980]

[/quote]
[/quote]
They failed to mention one of our other linebackers which Dayton should know very well, Mark Domio.
[/quote]

No, No, Dayton's name is Domino.  Everytime a runningback brushed one of them, they fall over knocing the rest of the defense down. 

[b]I dont see how PNG is ahead of FB Marshall, Vidor or Crosby.[/b] Friendswood has no business in any poll IMO.
[/quote]
That's what i was about to say. I mean yes PNG has a great history and consistancy but that doesn't get you second in district and a label as a "dark horse". I mean out in the first round last year and lost a lot of key positions. Can we say slanted?

[quote name="mytwocents" post="1247889" timestamp="1345504483"]
[quote author=Mr. Buddy Garrity link=topic=101814.msg1247723#msg1247723 date=1345484596]
[b]I dont see how PNG is ahead of FB Marshall, Vidor or Crosby.[/b] Friendswood has no business in any poll IMO.
[/quote]
That's what i was about to say. I mean yes PNG has a great history and consistancy but that doesn't get you second in district and a label as a "dark horse". I mean out in the first round last year and lost a lot of key positions. Can we say slanted?
[/quote]

Kinda like Vidor's over ranking a few years ago??????? How many returners you guys have and how many rounds you guys go??? ZERO!!!! You didn't even make the playoffs. Won your first playoff game in 75 yrs and now your experts.....NOT!!!

[quote name="PNGFan" post="1247892" timestamp="1345504879"]
[quote author=mytwocents link=topic=101814.msg1247889#msg1247889 date=1345504483]
[/quote]
[/quote]

Kinda like Vidor's over ranking a few years ago??????? How many returners you guys have and how many rounds you guys go??? ZERO!!!! You didn't even make the playoffs. Won your first playoff game in 75 yrs and now your experts.....NOT!!!
[/quote]
Uh we made the playoffs lol. Might wanna read what you type before you post man lol.  ::)

[quote name="PNGFan" post="1247898" timestamp="1345505113"]
And what place did you finish? What place did you finish last year?
[/quote]
Man i hate to break it to ya but high school players do graduate therefore new players are playing. So why do you keep bringing up the past like it matters at all? I mean seriously. Is that all yall got to hang on? The past. Well the past didn't mean much last year. But since your talking about last year let me ask you something. How far did you make it in the playoffs last year?

[quote name="mytwocents" post="1247899" timestamp="1345505276"]
[quote author=PNGFan link=topic=101814.msg1247898#msg1247898 date=1345505113]
And what place did you finish? What place did you finish last year?
[/quote]
Man i hate to break it to ya but high school players do graduate therefore new players are playing. So why do you keep bringing up the past like it matters at all? I mean seriously. Is that all yall got to hang on? The past. Well the past didn't mean much last year. But since your talking about last year let me ask you something.[b] How far did you make it in the playoffs last year?[/b]
[/quote] Pick me I know, Pick me I know...  ONE N DONE!!!!

The Indians lost to Dayton 36-31 thanks to Dayton's outstanding FG kicker and fiesty defense, but Dayton is no slouch...it was a great game and Dayton made the plays and got the W...Vidor had a good run last year...one of your better teams since 1978...but, you still lost to PN-G 22-15...and since 1940, the Indians have owned the Pirates and rode them like donkeys to the tune of 40-10-1...so keep that W% around 20% vs the Indians and be proud.

I'm a big fan of the Vidor QB/MLB...terrific player that has a mean streak in a good way...he's a leader and he would start and star on any 20-4A team...he's the reason Vidor had a run last year...and he'll likely take you on another run this year...he takes care of the football and make kids around him play hard...you're right, players graduate and when he does, Vidor will have lost an outstanding HS football player...unless he has siblings, the mighty Vidor playoff run might well be over and that 20% winning percentage vs. PN-G will remain about right...and, I'll take the Indians again vs. the Pirates in 2012...that 1920s Wing-T is not as scary as Vidor thinks...its the Vidor QB that is sneaky good...contain him and keep him on defense, and Vidor can be beaten...just like it was last year 22-15.

Go Indians.  Peace.

[quote name="1989NDN" post="1247907" timestamp="1345505955"]
The Indians lost to Dayton 36-31 thanks to Dayton's outstanding FG kicker and fiesty defense, but Dayton is no slouch...it was a great game and Dayton made the plays and got the W...Vidor had a good run last year...one of your better teams since 1978...but, you still lost to PN-G 22-15...and since 1940, the Indians have owned the Pirates and rode them like donkeys to the tune of 40-10-1...so keep that W% around 20% vs the Indians and be proud.

I'm a big fan of the Vidor QB/MLB...terrific player that has a mean streak in a good way...he's a leader and he would start and star on any 20-4A team...he's the reason Vidor had a run last year...and he'll likely take you on another run this year...he takes care of the football and make kids around him play hard...you're right, players graduate and when he does, Vidor will have lost an outstanding HS football player...unless he has siblings, the mighty Vidor playoff run might well be over and that 20% winning percentage vs. PN-G will remain about right...and, I'll take the Indians again vs. the Pirates in 2012...that 1920s Wing-T is not as scary as Vidor thinks...its the Vidor QB that is sneaky good...contain him and keep him on defense, and Vidor can be beaten...just like it was last year 22-15.

Go Indians.  Peace.
[/quote]
We have more players besides montana.  8)

[quote name="liltex" post="1247916" timestamp="1345507471"]
That's good you got more players but losing 3 headed monster again that had 2,520 rush yds will be a lg.task w/more pressure on MQ.Hoping you do well w/this season 8)
[/quote]
Some of those yards were put up but underclassmen who are back this year so i'm not too worried about filling the running positions.

[quote name="mytwocents" post="1247927" timestamp="1345511380"]
[quote author=liltex link=topic=101814.msg1247916#msg1247916 date=1345507471]
That's good you got more players but losing 3 headed monster again that had 2,520 rush yds will be a lg.task w/more pressure on MQ.Hoping you do well w/this season 8)
[/quote]
Some of those yards were put up but underclassmen who are back this year so i'm not too worried about filling the running positions.
[/quote] Wouldnt worry either... especially since all you do is run the football!!!LOL

[quote name="1989NDN" post="1247907" timestamp="1345505955"]

Go Indians.  Peace.
[/quote]

Not sure I'd call their defense from last year feisty.  Most of the time the defense was above averave but they did give up 31 in that game.  That's not good at any level.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami