2012 Dayton Broncos Team Preview

[center][img]http://txhshelmetproject.com/TexasHighSchools/D/Dayton.png[/img][/center]

[center][size=18pt][b][u][i]DAYTON BRONCOS[/i][/u][/B][/size][/center]
[center][b][size=12pt]2011 Record: 9-4 Overall, 5-2 District (19-4A Runner up)[/center]

[size=12pt]New Dayton Bronco head coach Jowell Hancock was able to take up where former coach Jerry Stewart left off.  That is ensuring the Broncos were back in the Class 4A playoffs.  One of the goals not obtained last year that Dayton seeks is to regain the dstrict championshiop.  Dayton will do that with thirteen remaining starters and a 19-4A that looks quite a bit different from years past.

[b][u][size=14pt]Coaching Staff[/u][/b]

[size=12pt][b]Head Coach: Jowell Hancock[/b]
Coaching Record:  9-4 at Dayton and overall

[b]Assistant Coaches:[/b]
Quinn Wood, Defensive Coordinator/Secondary; BJ Whitehead, Inside Linebackers; Jeff Stewart, Outside Linebackers; Roger Sutterfield, Defensive Line; Brandon Craus, Offensive Coordinator/Quartebacks; Bobby Little, Wide Receivers; Sean Harmen, Offensive Line; William Douget, Offensive Line; Armando Ramirez, Wide Receivers

[b][u][size=14pt]Stadium Information*[/u][/b]

[size=12pt][b]Home Stadium: Bronco Stadium[/b]
Address: W. Houston St at 146, Dayton, Texas 77535
Capacity: 8500
Playing surface: Field turf

[b][u][size=14pt]2011 Results[/u][/b]

[table][tr][td][size=12pt][b][color=black]Opponent[/td][td]    [/td][td][size=12pt][b][color=black]Score[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][size=12pt][color=black]Fort Bend Elkins[/td][td]    [/td][td][size=12pt][color=black]29-28[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][size=12pt][color=black]Angleton[/td][td]    [/td][td][size=12pt][color=black]27-35[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][size=12pt][color=black]Aldine Eisenhower[/td][td]    [/td][td][size=12pt][color=black]44-24[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][size=12pt][color=black]Barbers Hill#[/td][td]    [/td][td][size=12pt][color=black]24-31[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][size=12pt][color=black]Galena Park#[/td][td]    [/td][td][size=12pt][color=black]37-13[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][size=12pt][color=black]Baytown Lee#[/td][td]    [/td][td][size=12pt][color=black]30-23[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][size=12pt][color=black]Goose Creek Memorial#[/td][td]    [/td][td][size=12pt][color=black]14-34[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][size=12pt][color=black]Houston North Forest#[/td][td]    [/td][td][size=12pt][color=black]23-6[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][size=12pt][color=black]Crosby#[/td][td]    [/td][td][size=12pt][color=black]31-24[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][size=12pt][color=black]Houston C.E. King#[/td][td]    [/td][td][size=12pt][color=black]48-21[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][size=12pt][color=black]Port Neches-Groves##[/td][td]    [/td][td][size=12pt][color=black]36-31[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][size=12pt][color=black]Magnolia West##[/td][td]    [/td][td][size=12pt][color=black]41-23[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][size=12pt][color=black]Manvel##[/td][td]    [/td][td][size=12pt][color=black]10-49[/td][/tr][/table]
[size=12pt]# - District games
## - Playoff games

[size=14pt][b][u]2012 Offense[/u][/b][/size]

[size=12pt][b]Offense: Spread
Returning starters: 7[/b]

Although seven starters return from the 2011 offense, the Bronco spread will have a new leader at the controls as senior Markain Chambers moves over from wide receiver (45 catches, 488 yd, 3 TD) to quarterback.  He will be joined in the backfield by senior running back Ryan McBride (2nd team all district, 130 carries, 733 yd, 9 TD rushing; 43 catches, 412 yd, 4 TD receiving).  Also catching passes from Chambers this year will be junior receiver Landon Tamlin (5 catches, 48 yd in 2011) and sophomore receivers Kyle McBride and Jacarius Keener.  A veteran offensive line will include seniors Matt Oubre (1st team all district), Ashton Swayzer (2nd team all district), Jacob Butterfield and John Smith.

[size=14pt][b][u]2012 Defense[/u][/b][/size]

[size=12pt][b]Defense: 3-4
Returning starters: 6[/b]

The 2011 Dayton defense returns a seasoned squad, especially in the front seven.  Senior 1st team all district picks Donovan Jackson and Charles Tousant will be on a strong defensive line which will also include senior Tony Robinson (2nd team all district).  Senior Kevin Barton and junior Daniel Douglas lead a linebacker corp which will also include senior outside linebacker Jacob Bethea and junior lineman Brandon McBride.  Senior Jamaud St. Andre (2nd team all district) will anchor the Dayton secondary.

[size=14pt][b][u]2012 Special Teams[/u][/b][/size]

Senior all state kicker Juan Carranco returns to handle the place kicking and punting duties.  Ryan and Kyle McBride will be the primary returners.

[size=14pt][b][u]2012 Key Games[/u][/b][/size]

The Broncos will begin the 2012 season by hosting Fort Bend Elkins.  The 19-4A season will begin with Dayton traveling to new district foe New Caney on September 14th followed by a September 21st date with old foe Crosby.  The Old River Shootout will take place in Barbers Hill on October 26th with the regular season concluding on November 9th as the Broncos host Humble Summer Creek.

[size=14pt][b][u]2012 Schedule[/u][/b][/size]

[table][tr][td][size=12pt][b][color=black]Date[/td][td]    [/td][td][size=12pt][b][color=black]Opponent[/td][td]    [/td][td][size=12pt][b][color=black]Time[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][size=12pt][color=black]Aug. 31[/td][td]    [/td][td][size=12pt][color=black]Fort Bend Elkins[/td][td]    [/td][td][size=12pt][color=black]7:00 p.m.[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][size=12pt][color=black]Sept. 7[/td][td]    [/td][td][size=12pt][color=black]at Livingston[/td][td]    [/td][td][size=12pt][color=black]7:00 p.m.[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][size=12pt][color=black]Sept. 14[/td][td]    [/td][td][size=12pt][color=black]at New Caney#[/td][td]    [/td][td][size=12pt][color=black]7:00 p.m.[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][size=12pt][color=black]Sept. 21[/td][td]    [/td][td][size=12pt][color=black]Crosby#[/td][td]    [/td][td][size=12pt][color=black]7:00 p.m.[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][size=12pt][color=black]Sept. 28[/td][td]    [/td][td][size=12pt][color=black]at Sheldon C.E. King#[/td][td]    [/td][td][size=12pt][color=black]7:00 p.m.[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][size=12pt][color=black]Oct. 5[/td][td]    [/td][td][size=12pt][color=black]Kingwood Park#[/td][td]    [/td][td][size=12pt][color=black]7:00 p.m.[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][size=12pt][color=black]Oct. 11[/td][td]    [/td][td][size=12pt][color=black]at Humble#[/td][td]    [/td][td][size=12pt][color=black]7:00 p.m.[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][size=12pt][color=black]Oct. 19[/td][td]    [/td][td][size=12pt][color=black]Porter#[/td][td]    [/td][td][size=12pt][color=black]7:00 p.m.[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][size=12pt][color=black]Oct. 26[/td][td]    [/td][td][size=12pt][color=black]at Barbers Hill#[/td][td]    [/td][td][size=12pt][color=black]7:00 p.m.[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][size=12pt][color=black]Nov. 2[/td][td]    [/td][td][size=12pt][color=black]OPEN[/td][td]    [/td][td][size=12pt][/td][/tr]
[tr][td][size=12pt][color=black]Nov. 9[/td][td]    [/td][td][size=12pt][color=black]Humble Summer Creek#[/td][td]    [/td][td][size=12pt][color=black]7:00 p.m.[/td][/tr][/table]
[size=12pt]#-District Games

* Source: Texas Stadium Database: http://www.texasbob.com/stadium/stadium.php?id=865
Helmets Courtesy of: http://www.txhshelmetproject.com/

[quote name="BHFAN" post="1236285" timestamp="1342456769"]
Have to get those skill posistions clicking. It looks like your lines will be good with a lot returning.
[/quote]Trust me BHfan they are clickling on all cylinders! From what Ive been told during their practicies that this is going to be one hell of a team! ;)

Guest octfeb
[quote name="BrenhamFan" post="1236972" timestamp="1342587458"]
I see Dayton going 8-2 in the regular season. (Maybe 7-3)
[/quote]And who are you thinking dayton may lose to...

[quote name="octfeb" post="1237047" timestamp="1342617594"]
[quote author=BrenhamFan link=topic=101023.msg1236972#msg1236972 date=1342587458]
I see Dayton going 8-2 in the regular season. (Maybe 7-3)
[/quote]And who are you thinking dayton may lose to...
[/quote]

Dayton could go undefeated in district, but I'm going to predict a loss to either Crosby or Summer Creek.  Pre-District, I think they lose One of their first 2 games.  I wouldn't be surprised to see the Broncos go 9-1, but I'm predicting 8-2.  Worst case scenario, 7-3.

@ Bronco Pride- I'm friends with a couple Dayton people and I catch on average, 2 or 3 Bronco games a year.  If you can't tell, I'm pretty big on HS football.  That's where I get my Dayton info.  Plus all of the kind things smoking baby says about you guys..... JK  ;D

Me and my dad catch every high school gam :-*e we can even when its not the broncos. I eveb sat on brenham side I think it was 05. Brenham vs lm that was a crazy game I thiught the cubs were dead it was a great come back win. One more thing brenham fan olease dont ever pick crosby as one of our possible losses thats just mean.

[quote name="bronco pride" post="1237152" timestamp="1342628463"]
Me and my dad catch every high school game we can even when its not the broncos. I eveb sat on brenham side I think it was 05. Brenham vs lm that was a crazy game I thiught the cubs were dead it was a great come back win.
[/quote]

That was prolly my favorite game that I've ever watched.  That was HS football at its best.  I can honestly say that is one of the best, if not the best games I've ever seen.  Angleton and Brenham in 09' was great too, as was Dayton and Tivy in 08'.

Fort Bend Elkins will be tough this year for sure. They have a very good coach who will have some good talent this year as well. It was a close game last year and will also be this year. We will be young and rebuilding this year but we are looking forward to playing Dayton again, always a good game between them and us. At Livingston we love playing Dayton looking forward to this game. 8) 8)

[quote name="bronco pride" post="1237203" timestamp="1342635059"]
Livingston always tough and seems to give dayton heck every time we play. Yall usually have a huge line dont know were yall get them.
[/quote]Yea, always good games even though we came out on the losing end last couple of times, thought we had you all in 2008 for sure. But losing to good teams only makes you try harder next time. Our linemen come from genes and being (corn feed) ;D ;D ;D Got quite a few coming up just need to see how they pan out.

[quote name="liltex" post="1237390" timestamp="1342664394"]
Elkins Knights return 5 & 3=rebuilding.DCTF picking Hightower in 23-5a w/1 & 3 returning lettermen ;) ::)
[/quote]I agree somewhat, but 5&3 does not = rebuilding in Fort Bend School District, neither does 1&3 at Hightower for sure. These kids can choose between 2 or 3 schools to go to because of location and still be legal. Heck they can move on the next street and go to the school of their choise. They have kids on their JV who could start in other classifications and they have kids on the side line who don't play alot, that could start for some 3A teams and under.   

[quote name="bronco pride" post="1238234" timestamp="1342832666"]
I just hope dayton can get through predistrict with no injuries. Dayton always schedules very physical team like livingston and elkins. Last year we lost one of our best line backers for the year against angleton.
[/quote]We understand about injuries and what they can do to a team. That's always one of the (ifs) of football. Hope you all go injury free as well as everyone else. Playing a tough preseason is what has always prepared Dayton for when it really counts, just glad to see Coach Rowe is starting to do this, because losing or winning against a good team always should make you better. 

This is also the same senior squad that took Nederland, and Friendswood and everyone else to the woodshed as Freshman. And went toe to toe with WOS. Im not saying it actually matters, because it doesn't. But it's just a little thing to throw out there for a little "enlightenment".

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami