New rb at lamar???

Sitting out a season would be required if he transferred to another FBS school.  A player from an FBS school tranferring to a FCS school does not have to sit out.

There have been cases where an FBS to FCS transfer was required to sit out.  Those cases are where NCAA rules are violated and the NCAA rules the one year penalty.  Example would be Rhett Bomar from Oklahoma to Sam Houston State several years ago.

Don't think any NCAA rules violations are involved with this one.

This is the RB that led Abeliene to the 5A State title a couple years back. He was a big time recruit. ESPN 150 and top 10 RB. 

Lets hope he rights his wrong! Just find that it typically does'nt tend to work out in these situations. Kid goes to a small school (who isn't paying him  ;) ) and it just gets worse.

I hope y'all dont take this the wrong way, but I'm not in favor of Lamar going after every player that gets booted from a D-1 university. Nothing against the players; I hope they all get their act together and maybe they deserve a second chance. I just don't like Lamar being the dog that waits for crumbs to fall from the table. I would rather see Lamar assemble a first rate coaching staff, recruit the best players they can (focusing on local talent), then developing these players into a winning football team. Maybe I'm being too Pollyanna here...

[quote name="shovel" post="1234728" timestamp="1341862344"]
I hope y'all dont take this the wrong way, but I'm not in favor of Lamar going after every player that gets booted from a D-1 university. Nothing against the players; I hope they all get their act together and maybe they deserve a second chance. I just don't like Lamar being the dog that waits for crumbs to fall from the table. I would rather see Lamar assemble a first rate coaching staff, recruit the best players they can (focusing on local talent), then developing these players into a winning football team. Maybe I'm being too Pollyanna here...
[/quote]

And I share your sentiment and no doubt think that LU should proceed generally in the direction you laid out. However, a transfer of this magnitude doesn't fall LU's direction very often in any sport.  If the kid has taken care of his business and the coaches feel he is definately on the right track, you have to give the kid a chance if he wants to pursue his collegiate eligibility and degree at Lamar. He could very well with his talent move the football program no telling how many steps forward that would take so much longer to get there.  He can be a huge recruiting tool that helps attract other FBS caliber athletes that makes LU a top ten FCS program way ahead of a normal timeline.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder