Brenhamfan/Coach Long

[quote name="Baseball2001" post="1222651" timestamp="1337144246"]
if or when Coach Long retires who gets the job
[/quote]

Not a clue.  None of this is a sure thing, but I've heard to the grapevine that the job could be open very soon.  This has been a rumor for a few years though, so there's no telling.  I will say this...  The whispers through town have never been louder than this year.  I've heard from a few city employees that this might be his last year.  If we get to Round Rock,  what a way to go out...  4 straight tourney appearances with a title. (maybe 2) He's also approaching 600 wins, so he might stick around for that. (which will be another year or 2) We have a stable of coaches to choose from, but who knows, they could pick anybody.  It's a pretty prestigious position, but knowing Brenham, I don't see them hiring outside of the community.  Then again, I could be wrong.

[quote name="BrenhamFan" post="1222653" timestamp="1337145698"]
[quote author=Baseball2001 link=topic=100015.msg1222651#msg1222651 date=1337144246]
[/quote]

Not a clue.  None of this is a sure thing, but I've heard to the grapevine that the job could be open very soon.  This has been a rumor for a few years though, so there's no telling.  I will say this...  The whispers through town have never been louder than this year.  I've heard from a few city employees that this might be his last year.  If we get to Round Rock,  what a way to go out...  4 straight tourney appearances with a title. (maybe 2) He's also approaching 600 wins, so he might stick around for that. (which will be another year or 2) We have a stable of coaches to choose from, but who knows, they could pick anybody.  It's a pretty prestigious position, but knowing Brenham, I don't see them hiring outside of the community.  Then again, I could be wrong.
[/quote]

Heck, with the next win NOT coming till next year, how how many he need for 600?  ;D

[quote name="DTH" post="1222722" timestamp="1337174046"]
I got to believe it will be his long time assistant Lanny Williams.
[/quote]

I hope so, cuz he really deserves it.  I'm sure all of their attention is focused on BH & the playoffs at the moment though.  After the season, who knows what will happen...

[quote name="Smoking Baby" post="1222715" timestamp="1337173698"]
[quote author=BrenhamFan link=topic=100015.msg1222653#msg1222653 date=1337145698]
[quote author=Baseball2001 link=topic=100015.msg1222651#msg1222651 date=1337144246]
[/quote]

[/quote]

Heck, with the next win NOT coming till next year, how how many he need for 600?  ;D
[/quote]

Not sure of the exact #, but I think it's about 570-585.  Somewhere in that range. (Just my estimate)

[quote name="Wildkat89" post="1224304" timestamp="1337474275"]
That's not what Long's asst. is saying.
[/quote]

Well you're probably right if you got info from him.  My source is just a city employee.  He did say Long would retire this year, and got that right.  Personally, I would love to see Lanny get a shot.  He is great with the kids.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    kofajas476
    Newest Member
    kofajas476