H-J's Davis takes asst. principal's position at Lumberton

First Sims is already retired...I would think the assistant would get the first serious look. But maybe the district is looking for a new direction. Nothing against Coach Davis because I think and know she's a great coach, but I really thought some of those teams the past few years would have gotten to Huntsville more and it just didn't happen. Maybe it was matchups in the playoffs that didn't suit HJ well, not sure because I didn't see any of their playoff games but I thought this year after Orangefield should have beat Giddings that HJ would have beat them by 20. It didn't happen!!! Time for a change maybe!!!

The pot shots that some are taking at Coach Davis are ridiculous!  Can't you just come on here and say congrats coach for having a district record of 30-0 in 3 years (2 time district coach of the year).  An overall record that most other programs would take in a heartbeat (against a pretty tough schedule might I add)

There are many factors that come into play in the playoffs.  Injuries, sickness, foul trouble, etc.

bobbymcgee.... come on really???

I saw Coach Davis work everyday and feel honored to have been her assistant for the past 3 seasons.  There are not many other coaches in the state that have the planning, preparation, professionalism, and genuine care for the athletes best interests that Coach Davis does...

Congrats on a great 3 years!!!  Good luck in your new endeavor!

[quote name="hjhawks" post="1222854" timestamp="1337184840"]
The pot shots that some are taking at Coach Davis are ridiculous!  Can't you just come on here and say congrats coach for having a district record of 30-0 in 3 years (2 time district coach of the year).  An overall record that most other programs would take in a heartbeat (against a pretty tough schedule might I add)

There are many factors that come into play in the playoffs.  Injuries, sickness, foul trouble, etc.

bobbymcgee.... come on really???

I saw Coach Davis work everyday and feel honored to have been her assistant for the past 3 seasons.  There are not many other coaches in the state that have the planning, preparation, professionalism, and genuine care for the athletes best interests that Coach Davis does...

Congrats on a great 3 years!!!  Good luck in your new endeavor!
[/quote]

Hey coach I hope you didn't take offense to my above post. Believe me being from Orangefield I know first hand the type or person Coach Davis is and you yourself are and the type of program that HJ has. Every team in the area should try to mirror the program Coach Sims and Coach Davis have put together over there. I was just curious as to why Coach Davis is moving on...is it because she's just tired of the grind and wanted to do something else or in a way was she being kind of pushed out. Just curious because I really saw her coaching at HJ for a long time to come. There are crazy people everywhere, believe me we have them in Orangefield, so you never know how the community can react to coaches that have been successful, but maybe not as successful enough to people in the district.

With all that said, I congrats Coach Davis on her new endeavor in life!!! I know she'll be an outstanding educator in the Lumberton district!!!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami