Conflict of Interest

Ok....no response. So ill ask the question more precisely....maybe this will get more attention.

Should I say Coach Adkins with Orange Crush why do you play favorites to kids in Orange Co....

Keep in mind I am in no way discussing a high school softball program....strictly concerning select softball.....or yet another question

Coach Adkins..of Orange Crush....why do you deceive the public with your "open practice" tactics.....yet another

Coach Adkins of Orange Crush....do you do all your business dealing with kids in this same deceitful way......

[quote name="Craig S" post="1216640" timestamp="1335844162"]
Ok....no response. So ill ask the question more precisely....maybe this will get more attention.

Should I say Coach Adkins with Orange Crush why do you play favorites to kids in Orange Co....

Keep in mind I am in no way discussing a high school softball program....strictly concerning select softball.....or yet another question

Coach Adkins..of Orange Crush....why do you deceive the public with your "open practice" tactics.....yet another

Coach Adkins of Orange Crush....do you do all your business dealing with kids in this same deceitful way......
[/quote]

Maybe rules 15 and 18 will answer your questions.

[b]15) Please do not post unsubstantiated rumors, suspicions or slanderous comments [color=blue]about anyone[/color] -[color=red] this includes non-members of the forums[/color].

18 ) [color=blue]The bashing of[/color] [color=red]any[/color] [color=blue]particular coach, player, referee, etc will not be tolerated.[/color] [color=blue]This includes issues involving[/color] their personal lives, [color=blue]coaching[/color]/playing [color=blue]style [/color]or performance, past experiences, etc.[/b]

You appear to be making some kind of distinction on what kind of softball a coach is involved in. It is like there is a difference between bashing a local little league coach or a high school coach where one is acceptable and the other is not.

I did not see such a distinction in the rules and do not believe any was intended. Bashing of local coaches, players, refs, etc., is bashing and which particular league the person is in is of no consequence as far as the rules apply.

[quote name="tvc184" post="1216658" timestamp="1335848637"]
[quote author=Craig S link=topic=99567.msg1216640#msg1216640 date=1335844162]

[/quote]

Maybe rules 15 and 18 will answer your questions.

[b]15) Please do not post unsubstantiated rumors, suspicions or slanderous comments [color=blue]about anyone[/color] -[color=red] this includes non-members of the forums[/color].

18 ) [color=blue]The bashing of[/color] [color=red]any[/color] [color=blue]particular coach, player, referee, etc will not be tolerated.[/color] [color=blue]This includes issues involving[/color] their personal lives, [color=blue]coaching[/color]/playing [color=blue]style [/color]or performance, past experiences, etc.[/b]

You appear to be making some kind of distinction on what kind of softball a coach is involved in. It is like there is a difference between bashing a local little league coach or a high school coach where one is acceptable and the other is not.

I did not see such a distinction in the rules and do not believe any was intended. Bashing of local coaches, players, refs, etc., is bashing and which particular league the person is in is of no consequence as far as the rules apply.
[/quote]

thank you for your response, and you are correct. However, on the league football forum, and others it happens all the time. Heck on the political forum the POTUS get hammered (not that I mind) it just seems to be a double standard on the "softball" forum. I know you and other admins read or patrol most if not all the forums....why are some allowed extremism and others are so sensitive. Perhaps because "softball" is dealing predominately with girls?

Bottom line, by the rules as you stated ANY time anyone "bashes" ME, they break the rules (not that I care or am that sensitive) but they aren't reprimanded. So...why not consider a slight change in the rules to say...if it's true, and it can be supported with FACTS then it is allowed. If said person or coach doesn't want those FACTS told of them, then don't feed the fire....by giving others something to talk about.....and if you do (me included) then take it like a man/woman.....after all it is supported with facts. The whole "fact" thing seems to be the big deal on the political forum....so why not on all others.

ps...the reason I made a distinction between what kind of coach, is because of a comment left by an admin. in response to me about not referring to a local high school coach. SO. I "assumed" (yes my bad) that that was the determining factor.

[quote name="Craig S" post="1216688" timestamp="1335875738"]

thank you for your response, and you are correct. However, on the league football forum, and others it happens all the time. Heck on the political forum the POTUS get hammered (not that I mind) it just seems to be a double standard on the "softball" forum. I know you and other admins read or patrol most if not all the forums....why are some allowed extremism and others are so sensitive. Perhaps because "softball" is dealing predominately with girls?

[/quote]

If anyone sees a post that seems out of line, use the link at the bottom on the post, "Report to Moderator". Then explain why you or anyone else believes that it is a violation. It will be sent in an email to the mods and it will be looked at. If the moderator feels there is a violation, it will be changed and a warning sent. With thousands of posts a day, many simply are not viewed or just glanced over by the staff. Many of the warning and that are issued start with a notification from a forum member and some result in the violator being banned from the site.

As far as the POTUS or other national figures, I don't think they are considered in the rules of no coach/person bashing. If someone wants to dog out the coach of LSU for stupid play calling or saying that he needs to be fired, so be it. Saying the same thing about a local coach or player is not in the same equation, in my opinion. If you start saying that the coach of the XXX HS is stupid and needs to be fired, you are going to be warned, likely have your post deleted and eventually banned if the posts continue.

[quote name="tvc184" post="1216706" timestamp="1335878086"]
[quote author=Craig S link=topic=99567.msg1216688#msg1216688 date=1335875738]

[/quote]

If anyone sees a post that seems out of line, use the link at the bottom on the post, "Report to Moderator". Then explain why you or anyone else believes that it is a violation. It will be sent in an email to the mods and it will be looked at. If the moderator feels there is a violation, it will be changed and a warning sent. With thousands of posts a day, many simply are not viewed or just glanced over by the staff. Many of the warning and that are issued start with a notification from a forum member and some result in the violator being banned from the site.

As far as the POTUS or other national figures, I don't think they are considered in the rules of no coach/person bashing. If someone wants to dog out the coach of LSU for stupid play calling or saying that he needs to be fired, so be it. Saying the same thing about a local coach or player is not in the same equation, in my opinion. If you start saying that the coach of the XXX HS is stupid and needs to be fired, you are going to be warned, likely have your post deleted and eventually banned if the posts continue.
[/quote]

Fair enough, however not likely I "report" as I am NOT that sensitive.

rule 15

[b]15) Please do not post unsubstantiated rumors, suspicions or slanderous comments about anyone - this includes non-members of the forums.[/b]

If statements are factual then they are permitted as long as they can be supported, whether it's a local coach or not...true or not true?

[quote]As far as the POTUS or other national figures, I don't think they are considered in the rules of no coach/person bashing. If someone wants to dog out the coach of LSU for stupid play calling or saying that he needs to be fired, so be it. Saying the same thing about a local coach or player is not in the same equation, in my opinion. If you start saying that the coach of the XXX HS is stupid and needs to be fired, you are going to be warned, likely have your post deleted and eventually banned if the posts continue. [/quote]

15) Please do not post unsubstantiated rumors, suspicions or slanderous comments about anyone - [u][b]this includes non-members of the forums.[/b][/u]

I guess my point is...you and others are always asking for "proof" on the political forum of "unsubstantiated" comments of GW Bush, Zimmerman, etc....in reality those who make these comments are in violation "by rule". You even gave a long speech as to "opinion" and it's worth, whether it can be supported with facts or just a "plain unsupported opinion" as compared to a "fact based opinion".....

So another question........we obviously can't have "opinions" of local coaches, and or anything that is written in rule 18?

Opinions? Yes. Bashing? No.

I believe that the owner does want this site to be another smack attack.

Sometimes it is simply the way things are worded. I don't think anyone has a problem with a perso saying that Team A was outcoached last night by Team B. That is an opinion. I think that a lot of people might be offended by a comment like, the coach of Team A doesn't know crap about the sport and is a low life piece of &@$#%.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami