Dayton Football

Bill

I know a kid that wants to play for Dayton this year but the coach said that he won't get any playing time this year because he didn't play last year. I know this kid very well and he is by far better than any receiver that Dayton has right now. If they would just try him out they would start him. He is also a dang good defender. Fast and can do them one arm grabs as well. name is (Romeo)

Well howdy Bill,
Tell the kid to get in athletics, work out with them this summer, and work hard to win a spot. If he is as good as you say he will play, but they aren't going to just give him a spot. Someone else worked hard to get the spot they have and he will have to earn one.

You said, [color=red]"I know a kid that [u][b]wants[/b][/u] to play for Dayton this year but the coach said that he won't get any playing time this year because [u]he didn't play [/u] last year. [/color]
[color=blue]Why didn't he play last year? (Wanting to play means working hard)[/color]

[color=red]I know this kid very well and [u]he is by far better than any receiver that Dayton has right now[/u]. [/color]
[color=blue]Based on what?[/color]

[color=red]If theywould just try him out they would start him. He is also a dang good defender. Fast and can do them one arm grabs as well. name is (Romeo)[/color]
[color=blue]They'll try him out but, they won't give him anything.[/color]

[quote name="bronco1" post="1211419" timestamp="1334670298"]
Well howdy Bill,
Tell the kid to get in athletics, work out with them this summer, and work hard to win a spot. If he is as good as you say he will play, but they aren't going to just give him a spot. Someone else worked hard to get the spot they have and he will have to earn one.

You said, [color=red]"I know a kid that [u][b]wants[/b][/u] to play for Dayton this year but the coach said that he won't get any playing time this year because [u]he didn't play [/u] last year. [/color]
[color=blue]Why didn't he play last year? (Wanting to play means working hard)[/color]

[color=red]I know this kid very well and [u]he is by far better than any receiver that Dayton has right now[/u]. [/color]
[color=blue]Based on what?[/color]

[color=red]If theywould just try him out they would start him. He is also a dang good defender. Fast and can do them one arm grabs as well. name is (Romeo)[/color]
[color=blue]They'll try him out but, they won't give him anything.[/color]
[/quote]
Good point.

[quote name="Bill" post="1211382" timestamp="1334663152"]
I know a kid that wants to play for Dayton this year but the coach said that he won't get any playing time this year because he didn't play last year. I know this kid very well and he is by far better than any receiver that Dayton has right now. If they would just try him out they would start him. He is also a dang good defender. Fast and can do them one arm grabs as well. name is (Romeo)
[/quote]

Jowell Hancock is a smart man.  Even if the kid never played organized football before, if he shows by his work ethic and skill that he deserves playing time, he'll get playing time.

One thing that bugs me though, if he hasn't played ball in over a year, how is it that you can proclaim that he is all that?

That is the trouble with this next generation --- They all want to start at the top. I say get your butt on the field and earn your spot. This is an insult to those that have been busting theirs to get where they are. By the way, if this is his attitude going in, than he won't last anyway. You have to love the game to play. Those two-a-days are hard work Bill. 

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami