State Tourney Thoughts

* Should have taken a thicker jacket.
* Double Tree wanted 425.00 a night(gouge) Had to stay in Round Rock.
*Got to meet AAW!  super guy.
*Clarksville is the real deal in 1A.
*Good championship game in 2A. White Oak pg # 11 was quick!
* Argyle was impressive. I thought LeVega played down to Miller. They looked a lot more disciplined at the regional tourney. I believe Athens,Silsbee and HJ all could have beaten Miller by 15.
* I thought Kimball would have handled the Yates press a little better. Kimball's shot selection wasn't very good especially in the first half. Game got exciting in the fourth quarter.
*5A was a different level. Fun to watch the  Flower Mound machine....Pg for Travis couldn't miss in the semi's. Next year should be Travis's year.
*All in all it was a fun tourney. This makes 17 in a row for us. Hope for the next 17 years we can all still be debating which games was best....

Rumor mill among some coaches at the state tourney was that the Harrison twins were entertaining going to Oak Hill next season....YES, the weather sucked......Vivo's is my new favorite state tourney restaurant.....it was great seeing coaching buddies from all over the state.....AAW saw every game but ONE.....4A and 5A title games were both great....Alamo Heights had the best fan section.....Dallas Kimball had the worst fan section, followed by FB Travis....if one more coach asked me if I was going after the Wheatley job, I was going to scream!.....MY STATE TOURNEY NOTES! 8)

[quote name="Dick Vitale" post="1195943" timestamp="1331512168"]
Rumor mill among some coaches at the state tourney was that the Harrison twins were entertaining going to Oak Hill next season....YES, the weather sucked......Vivo's is my new favorite state tourney restaurant.....it was great seeing coaching buddies from all over the state.....AAW saw every game but ONE.....4A and 5A title games were both great....Alamo Heights had the best fan section.....Dallas Kimball had the worst fan section, followed by FB Travis....if one more coach asked me if I was going after the Wheatley job, I was going to scream!.....MY STATE TOURNEY NOTES! 8)
[/quote]What kind of restuarant is Vivo's?

You guys forgot about replays happening this year! That was an awesome addition to the tourney...unless I missed them last year. Also, I thought that there were more games than usual that refs were very inconsistent. Would also like to talk about how White Oak gave a medal to one of their fans who was a student and was literally going bonkers in the stands for his team...he was probably more tired than the players after the game. He was leading that fan section like a boss. haha.

[quote name="pirateguy" post="1196013" timestamp="1331534937"]
You guys forgot about replays happening this year! That was an awesome addition to the tourney...unless I missed them last year. Also, I thought that there were more games than usual that refs were very inconsistent. Would also like to talk about how White Oak gave a medal to one of their fans who was a student and was literally going bonkers in the stands for his team...he was probably more tired than the players after the game. He was leading that fan section like a boss. haha.
[/quote]Replay was a good thing. WO had a ton of fans there. Would have been a good time to rob the town bank...lol

[quote name="Dick Vitale" post="1195943" timestamp="1331512168"]
[/quote]Hmmm? I thought Wheatley's alumni only interviewed potential coaches with Wheatley connections :-\ ;D

[quote name="no-look" post="1195941" timestamp="1331511198"]
* Should have taken a thicker jacket.
* Double Tree wanted 425.00 a night(gouge) Had to stay in Round Rock.
*Got to meet AAW!  super guy.
*Clarksville is the real deal in 1A.
*Good championship game in 2A. White Oak pg # 11 was quick!
* Argyle was impressive. I thought LeVega played down to Miller. They looked a lot more disciplined at the regional tourney. I believe Athens,Silsbee and HJ all could have beaten Miller by 15.
* I thought Kimball would have handled the Yates press a little better. Kimball's shot selection wasn't very good especially in the first half. Game got exciting in the fourth quarter.
*5A was a different level. Fun to watch the  Flower Mound machine....Pg for Travis couldn't miss in the semi's. Next year should be Travis's year.
*All in all it was a fun tourney. This makes 17 in a row for us. Hope for the next 17 years we can all still be debating which games was best....
[/quote]Tsk! Tsk!  You were not willing to get a $425.00 room at Double Tree? You must be from Huntington? ;D lOOK, find five friends and divide the cost. Now! Look at your hotel expense ;)

[quote name="no-look" post="1196124" timestamp="1331570931"]
Dove, if you multiply 425.00 times four and the other three guys are young married guys on a budget it kina puts things in perspective. ;D  May have to bite the bullet next year.
[/quote] You need new friends  ;D

[quote name="no-look" post="1196124" timestamp="1331570931"]
Dove, if you multiply 425.00 times four and the other three guys are young married guys on a budget it kina puts things in perspective. ;D  May have to bite the bullet next year.
[/quote]

No- Look-  I was thinking that the Dove was suggesting a situation wherein one DIVIDES $425 by 4 rather than multiplying.  Additionally, I am sure you would be entitled to a Gestapo discount.

[quote name="stevenash" post="1196215" timestamp="1331578695"]
[quote author=no-look link=topic=97392.msg1196124#msg1196124 date=1331570931]
[/quote]

No- Look-  I was thinking that the Dove was suggesting a situation wherein one DIVIDES $425 by 4 rather than multiplying.  Additionally, I am sure you would be entitled to a Gestapo discount.
[/quote] ;) 8)

[quote name="stevenash" post="1196215" timestamp="1331578695"]
[quote author=no-look link=topic=97392.msg1196124#msg1196124 date=1331570931]
[/quote]

[/quote]The Dove will have a comeupance soon enough. ;D   

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    hthnkroor
    Newest Member
    hthnkroor