Carthage vs. Jasper Game Thread/Carthage wins 5-3!

WOSgrad

It was a good game. Jasper was down a couple of senior starters in Clark and Walker. In normal circumstances, that probably would have been the pitcher in Clark and definitely would have been Walker starting at catcher. Freshman Cane Eckart started pitching and Colin Shellhammer did a good job of moving from the outfield to catch. Cane is a good young pitcher, but had a rough outing tonight as the game started with a lead off HR. He gave up three in the 1st when he gave way to senior Josh Horn. Carthage is a stout team on offense and defense. They hit the fastball very well. Jasper fought and got it to 4-2. The Jasper D was pretty strong for the most part with Clayton Hart making a couple of exceptional plays at first base and Jesse Due making key plays from third. The infield was strong. Horn pitched the rest of the game giving up 2 runs. Jasper wound up falling 5-3 in a tough fought game. I felt good about the outing considering Jasper started there #3 pitcher and didn't have their catcher who is a key piece in the heart of the line-up. Carthage is a good team with good pitching. They played well and got the win tonight. Dawgs keep your heads up and get healthy, looking good.   

Saw this game last week and it was a good one. We did hit the ball far better last night. I am sure that has something to do with pitching quality.

I also just read where Carthage is now #1 in AAA. Same district next two years ought to make for some great showdowns vs the other Dogs. Anyone know what Carthage will have back?

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    assfff
    Newest Member
    assfff