Whos is the best in the new 19-4A

WordMan2

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="Smoking Baby" post="1211091" timestamp="1334577352"]
[quote author=oldrock link=topic=95315.msg1210916#msg1210916 date=1334469231]

http://www.yourhoustonnews.com/dayton/sports/a-look-ahead-at-district---a-next-year/article_e8ef3cc6-051c-5c1d-90e4-31dcbf9e793a.html
About the newspaper article

[i]This reporter does not know Dayton football at all.  First, the offense was not Senior heavy, it was Junior heavy.  Second, Swayzer is an offensive tackle, not a receiver and third Williams wasn't even in school last year and we lost Dillingham in the third game with a career ending injury.  So I would not believe anything this reporter says, including his prediction for how the district finishes at the end of the year.[/i]
[/quote]

I agree, it would have been far easier to just type, "Dayton Sucks" and move on to the next team......... ;D ;D
[/quote]
;D

Guest KHS 89
[quote name="bronco pride" post="1211100" timestamp="1334581245"]
If daytons football program sux were does that leave bh.
[/quote]

Swallowing?  :-*

[quote name="KHS 89" post="1211133" timestamp="1334588694"]
[quote author=bronco pride link=topic=95315.msg1211100#msg1211100 date=1334581245]
If daytons football program sux were does that leave bh.
[/quote]

Swallowing?  :-*
[/quote]

He was talkin about BH not ya MOMMA ;D

Oh while Dayton was naping this week BH gained 2 more district titles in boys and girls track ;D Dayton ended up second to last. How can you suck a track whey you have ALL OF THAT SPEED we always here about?

[quote name="BHFAN" post="1211177" timestamp="1334594039"]
Oh while Dayton was naping this week BH gained 2 more district titles in boys and girls track ;D Dayton ended up second to last. How can you suck a track whey you have ALL OF THAT SPEED we always here about?
[/quote]

Congrats on 2 more titles!

We never are that fast its the [b][color=purple]purple[/color][/b] that makes everyone think we are fast.

[quote name="bronco1" post="1211187" timestamp="1334596244"]
[quote author=BHFAN link=topic=95315.msg1211177#msg1211177 date=1334594039]
[/quote]

Congrats on 2 more titles!

We never are that fast its the [b][color=purple]purple[/color][/b] that makes everyone think we are fast.
[/quote]

Dang Purple! ;D

I thought in track you get collective points for all events added together not just ones that require speed. Im pretty sure bh doesnt have the fastest kids in our district but probably made up alot of points on events like pole vault or long distance events. Correct me if im wrong I never made it to a track meet.

[/quote]
Congrats BHFAN on your district track titles. I believe SC will walk away with that next season also. Boys and Girls.

Oh while Dayton was naping this week BH gained 2 more district titles in boys and girls track ;D Dayton ended up second to last. How can you suck a track whey you have ALL OF THAT SPEED we always [s][color=red]here[/color][/s] (hear) about?
[/quote]

I'm guessing BH was last in the district spelling bee.

Guest KHS 89
[/quote]

I take it "the Hills" domination stops at athletics?  Sure does not seem like any emphasis is placed on spelling or grammar by reading this post??

Guest octfeb
I    can    not    wait    until    football    season!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[move][font=impact][size=36pt][color=purple]DAYTON BRONCOS[/color][/size][/font][/move]
                          [move][font=impact][size=36pt][color=purple]ALWAYS BELIEVE!!!!![/color][/size][/font][/move]

So most of you jaw jacking smack talking people can get your knife and fork ready for that crow....  when you ask for your crow be sure to get your complimentary purple kool-aide.. to make the crow go down smoother.....  ;D

[quote name="octfeb" post="1211305" timestamp="1334624709"]

[move][font=impact][size=36pt][color=purple]DAYTON BRONCOS[/color][/size][/font][/move]
                          [move][font=impact][size=36pt][color=purple]ALWAYS BELIEVE!!!!![/color][/size][/font][/move]

So most of you jaw jacking smack talking people can get your knife and fork ready for that crow....  when you ask for your crow be sure to get your complimentary [b]purple kool-aide.. [/b] to make the crow go down smoother.....  ;D
[/quote]
rum??? why is the rum always gone? ;D ;D ;D

Guest octfeb
[quote name="dustoff03" post="1211319" timestamp="1334625851"]
[quote author=octfeb link=topic=95315.msg1211305#msg1211305 date=1334624709]

So most of you jaw jacking smack talking people can get your knife and fork ready for that crow....  when you ask for your crow be sure to get your complimentary [b]purple kool-aide.. [/b] to make the crow go down smoother.....  ;D
[/quote]
rum??? why is the rum always gone? ;D ;D ;D
[/quote] ;)

[quote name="bronco pride" post="1211192" timestamp="1334597175"]
I thought in track you get collective points for all events added together not just ones that require speed. Im pretty sure bh doesnt have the fastest kids in our district but probably made up alot of points on events like pole vault or long distance events. Correct me if im wrong I never made it to a track meet.
[/quote]

You are correct, but we won in most events. Here is the article from the Baytown Sun

HOUSTON — From the first event, the Barbers Hill Eagles and Lady Eagles dominated the District 19-4A boys’ and girls’ track meet on Thursday at Crenshaw Stadium at C.E. King High School.

With the overall team win, the Eagles have won six of the last seven district meets, while the girls have now won two straight.

The final boys’ team results had Barbers Hill with 173, Lee with 96, Goose Creek Memorial with 79.5, North Forest with 75, Dayton with 72 and Crosby with 57.

The girls’ results had Barbers Hill with 217, Goose Creek Memorial with 100, C.E. King with 87, Dayton with 65, North Forest with 54, Crosby with 41, Lee with 35 and Galena Park with 18.

The most standout athlete was Austin-hopeful Wade Duke. Duke won the 300-meter hurdles with a 40 second flat run. He followed that with a 15.26 second run in the 110-high hurdles. His teammate, Presley Hilliard, ran a 15.63 to place second in the same race.

“Wade did a good job out there today,” Eagles coach Dwayne Nunez said. “I knew he would run well, and we are proud of him.

“As a team, we didn’t really do much other than practice for this event. The kids do extra well when it comes to district, as they expect to win it. The kids all season have wanted this, and they got what they wanted today.”

The most stand out race of the meet though has to go to the Eagles and their 400-meter competitors. The Eagles got all three regional spots in this event in both boys and girls.

For the boys, Bryson Stacy led the way with a 50.58, followed by Jonathan Tanner at 51.29 and Tyler Padgett finishing it up with a 51.69.

All in all, the Eagles had 14 boys qualify for the regional meet.

Other standouts on the day included Jamari Gilbert at Robert E Lee. Gilbert qualified for regionals in the 200 meters with a second-place time of 22.69.

The Lee 4x400 relay team also stood out with a gold medal time of 3:27.01. The team consisted of Keith Johnson, Roberick Kempt, Santiago Garcia and Deandre Jobe.

On the girls’ side, the standout race was also the quarter mile. Barbers Hill got all three spots, which really vaulted them to the district title.

Kierstin Santana led the way with a time of 58.34, followed by Lorna Brewer at 59.17. Leah Leonard finished the trio with a 1:00.34 second run.

“All week we told the girls just concentrate on finishing in the top three,” Eagles girls’ coach Stacy Tucker said. “The girls came out and did just that.’’

Lee’s Georgeanna Felder won the girls’ discus (103-3). She was fourth at regionals a year ago. Lee’s Curtis Randle won the triple jump in 45-2 and Lee’s Santiago Garcia won the pole vault in 13-0.

[quote name="KHS 89" post="1211277" timestamp="1334616277"]
[quote author=BHFAN link=topic=95315.msg1211177#msg1211177 date=1334594039]
[/quote]

I take it "the Hills" domination stops at athletics?  Sure does not seem like any emphasis is placed on spelling or grammar by reading this post??
[/quote]

But some how we beat the Purple in academics as well  hmmmmmmm :)

Wade duke didnt he lead bh in tds and wasnt he one of like five senoirs that have been on varsity since they were freshman. Thats one of those kids I have been talking about that will be hard for bh to replace. Reuter mcswain the list goes on and on. Im not just giving you a hard time bhfan but I think yall lost way to much talent to compete this year.

[quote name="bronco pride" post="1211555" timestamp="1334686307"]
Wade duke didnt he lead bh in tds and wasnt he one of like five senoirs that have been on varsity since they were freshman. Thats one of those kids I have been talking about that will be hard for bh to replace. Reuter mcswain the list goes on and on. Im not just giving you a hard time bhfan but I think yall lost way to much talent to compete this year.
[/quote]

Oh there is no doubt that we lost talent and it will be very difficult to replace. What I keep saying though is we return arguably the best QB in district with some kids that did carry the rock last year during district and didn't do bad. We also have a kid that by many I have been told is the best athlete on the team, but he has been plagued with injuries since starting on Varsity his freshman year. This year he is healthy and will be a game changer. The senior class next year will be a strong class and has a lot of talent in the JV squad this year that can help fill the holes. BH competes every year, so I don't know why this year is going to be different, too much talent around. Dayton is losing a bunch too, but somehow you think that you won’t skip a beat. Replacing your QB is not going to be as smooth as you think, that kid was a player and it’s going to take time to develop that chemistry again. At the end of the day we can just agree to disagree and we will all know who can compete once the season begins. Keep writing BH off it just brings more smack when you wrong  ;)

Replacing our QB will not be as rough as you would like to dream.  2007 we had three different QB's 5 rounds deep, 2009 two different QB's 4 rounds deep.  We have 4 starters on O-line and the 5th player has plenty of time last year.  Defense line all 3 starters and 3 back ups that played  alot as well (all 6 D-line players were Jrs.).  Both linebackers as well and two D-backs.everyone knows we improved the last half of the season and in the playoffs.  Also we have our running back and 3 receivers.  And the best kicker in the state that can hit the up-rights at 52 yards and the most accurate under 45 yards.

Barbers hill doesnt always compete. After your senoir heavy success in 06 the hill went 2 years without a visit to the playoffs. While our qb was a good little high school qb our last three qbs have went on to play in college. Greg charles threw for over 3000 yds in his college career cody green went to nebraska and is now at tulsa and payton ploche plays safety for lamar.The kid replacing ah this year is a totally different kind of qb. He is tall athletic and will kill you out of the pocket. Like you said though we will have to just see.

I can say with confidence that Dayton is not only going to beat BH but spank them. Dayton better look out for GCM and Crosby. Smoking baby can you answer why BH cancelled their game against Nederland for this year. I have heard that they did not wan't a whipping in return for last years  overtime win.

Guest octfeb
[quote name="phunter308" post="1212684" timestamp="1334845533"]
I can say with confidence that Dayton is not only going to beat BH but spank them. [b]Dayton better look out for GCM[/b] and Crosby. Smoking baby can you answer why BH cancelled their game against Nederland for this year. I have heard that they did not wan't a whipping in return for last years  overtime win.
[/quote]Umm GCM is not in 19-4A

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami