24-2a Predictions

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest basketball25
I'm not serious lol, so no reason to calm down. I like messing with all of yall on here. I get kick out of it, but on a serious note its funny reading some of this stuff on here, talking about kids 40 times in baseball lol

[quote name="Wheel House" post="1173374" timestamp="1328627110"]
[quote author=BunaBoy84 link=topic=94183.msg1173347#msg1173347 date=1328623675]
1. Buna
2. East Chambers
3. Warren

In order to be the best, you must beat the best.
[/quote]

If I recall, both East Chambers and Warren did just that last year...
[/quote]
\

If I also recall, in the last 5 years Buna has only went through district one time undefeated. As I also recall, Buna has won district every, let me reemphasize that, [i][u][b]EVERY[/b][/u][/i] district championship in the last 5 years they have been in this district. thats why you play every team twice. Doesn't say much when you beat Buna by one run then get ten run ruled by deweyville the same week.  To be the best you have to be good for 12 games, not 6-8. This district looks to be more competitive this year with talented pitching from a few different schools. But as the same as the last 5 years, the Cougars will let the naysayers fuel them. Cougars comin for number 6.

Reminds me of East Chambers in football. Not many people give them the respect they have earned. Newton and anahuac are predicted to win it every year...and every year EC gives them their butt whippen and wins district outright.

you've got to be kidding me if you think that dewyville has any chance at all. they are pretty terrible. and kountze, warren shut out 9-0 first game and ten run ruled them the second time. yeah they have one new freshman who everybody hypes up but it takes nine players to win a game, not one FRESHMAN pitcher. and yeah buna is pretty good, but all those district championships they've won was before warren got their new head baseball coach. There is alot of new talent out there so don't be too surprised if it doesn't happen again. Buna's time is coming to an end. But lets not forget E.C. i honestly think they will surprise alot of people this year and have chance at the top three.

[quote name="pooplicker97" post="1174464" timestamp="1328725908"]
you've got to be kidding me if you think that dewyville has any chance at all. they are pretty terrible. and kountze, warren shut out 9-0 first game and ten run ruled them the second time. yeah they have one new freshman who everybody hypes up but it takes nine players to win a game, not one FRESHMAN pitcher. and yeah buna is pretty good, but all those district championships they've won was before warren got their new head baseball coach. There is alot of new talent out there so don't be too surprised if it doesn't happen again. Buna's time is coming to an end. But lets not forget E.C. i honestly think they will surprise alot of people this year and have chance at the top three.
[/quote]
::) ::)

[quote name="utfan06" post="1174604" timestamp="1328738146"]
Lol his name says it all steeler .. ppl don't understand this isn't the same kountze team... who cares what happened last year..this isn't last year.
[/quote]
lol, I hear ya, btw I heard Kountze looked good against HJ. Looking forward to a really good, competitive season again this year. Good luck to the Lions.

I saw the Kountze scrimmage and the Buna scrimmage 2 days later.....

I am happy for Kountze they have a nice group of kids, but dont count out Hardin,Deweyville or Warren..Buna will battle..but still come out DISTRICT CHAMPIONS 6 YRS RUNNING.. COACH T is still the best coach in the district. Good Luck to everyone and I pray all the kids stay healthy and have a great year.

Numberoneonly, hahahahahahahaha.... No one in kountze highschool runs a 4.4 or 4.5 or a 4.6... You are definitely a dad. Kountze hasn't seen that kind of speed since Walker, Walcott, gearhart, Neely and Walden left... As a coach I thought this team would have competed in the state tournament... That was and has been the all around fastest team in the district for years along with bunas ; sheppard, craft, that left fielder they... In the last few years there has not Been a team in this district that could have even competed with any team in the district ... And with a coach change of Clint Williams to buna that makes buna even better ... There's a saying two heads are better than one... With terrier already being the best baseball coach in the area williams will be a great asset... Let me give you an accurate prediction , buna will remain on top 2nd is going to be Warren and 3rd will be a fight!

[quote name="strosfan" post="1174946" timestamp="1328802775"]
Numberoneonly, hahahahahahahaha.... No one in kountze highschool runs a 4.4 or 4.5 or a 4.6... You are definitely a dad. Kountze hasn't seen that kind of speed since Walker, Walcott, gearhart, Neely and Walden left... As a coach I thought this team would have competed in the state tournament... That was and has been the all around fastest team in the district for years along with bunas ; sheppard, craft, that left fielder they... In the last few years there has not Been a team in this district that could have even competed with any team in the district ... And with a coach change of Clint Williams to buna that makes buna even better ... There's a saying two heads are better than one... With terrier already being the best baseball coach in the area williams will be a great asset... Let me give you an accurate prediction , buna will remain on top 2nd is going to be Warren and 3rd will be a fight!
[/quote]

I beg to differ with you Strosfan there is at least 3 maybe four boys running in this range !!
Hey Numberoneandonly just let them see !!!  I think that will be more fun then arguing with them on here.  Have you been up there to see their times ???  No I didn't think so !! Unless you were standing there holding the stop watch I suggest you not say there is no kid running at least 4.5 or 4.6 !  Just let them show the district and trust me they will as long as they stay injury free. 

Guest COUG4LIFE
[quote name="strosfan" post="1174946" timestamp="1328802775"]
[/quote]

I have got to agree with you on coach Terrier.  He is one hell of a coach.  I guess i havnt paid much attention to this new coach yet.  I hope he will prove to be a great asset to the staff and to the team.  As always Buna has a great program,  and I hope this year will be no exception.

Guest sportsmack
Guys,

Here is the deal; Buna will be good, because they do have talent. They have some great young talent as well. Franklin, Clark, Richardson and I am sure several others.  Know this, many other schools have alot of the same type kids as well. Yes Franklin has a big arm and a big bat, Clark is smooth and reliable at the plate and so is Richardson.  After a bit of research, I found out that these boys came out of the Franchise baseball program, which was a local East Texas program that pretty much played year round.  Now over on the Kountze side, you have Marshall and Ballance that also came out of the same program, also played in the Gladiator program as well. Marshall played in the Machine and Pirate program as well. Both of these guys  Kountze also has several other kids that have played in the select ranks as I am sure Buna has as well. Bottom line I know these two programs have a bright future and Only time will tell who is going to be king of the mountain this year. Next year we will have to do it with out Buna, as they move on to the 3A rank. Just for the record, Kountze has guys that are 4.6, 4.7, 4.8 speed but this is baseball so it really comes down to box to first, speed on the steal and first to third as well as the 60 to look at coverage. 

Buna may break out of district, may even win district. But, will have to have other teams help them out. One bad call kept the Warren game in Buna close last  year, or your looking at a blow out. Even if the talent is the same, the experience is gone. And that lack of experience was all that stopped Warren from taking district last year.
Kountze has talent. If the can "put it together", time will tell.
E/c is my sleeper pick and I look for them to hurt some feelings this year.
But with the returning starters, two years varsity and one year playoff experience under the belts of almost all the Warren varsity....well, overlook 'em if you want to.     

Guest basketball25
Remember Deweyville stud pitcher last yr beat buna once and beat kountze twice with a total of 33 strikeouts in 2 games against kountze and deweyville has mostly everybody back!!!!

[quote name="baseball25" post="1175316" timestamp="1328881342"]
Remember Deweyville stud pitcher last yr beat buna once and beat kountze twice with a total of 33 strikeouts in 2 games against kountze and deweyville has mostly everybody back!!!!
[/quote]

The Hardin pitcher is a great pitcher ..the kid from Deweyville is also great ...gonna be a great year..

Im gonna say

1.Buna
2.Warren
3.Deweyville

Kountze was talked up last year, they're being talked up this year too. Same old same old. Warren is going to be solid and will give Buna a run for their money. And Deweyville will surprise alot of people this year. East Chambers and Hardin will be improved, but not good enough IMO. Ive seen alot of the players from Kountze play several times, including Price. He is good. Not exceptional. Other than him, they dont have any above average players.

[quote name="strosfan" post="1175256" timestamp="1328839219"]
Dawgonit get your facts straight I have seen there times and know the kids. So maybe it would be good for you to get ready for your parent teacher conference tomorrow... Tyler brown is the only speed on their team
[/quote]

And what on earth does that mean ???  Why would I be having a parent teacher conference ???  You like so many on this forum are so full of yourself and think you know it all. I bet you are the type dad that tells his kids that he was a super star when he played ball and you didn't do squat !! Yep you are right Tyler Brown does have speed but if you saw their times, (which obviously you didn't) then you know that there were 3 others there with him.  When I say with him they are right there with him.  Either way you need to just stay over in Buna where you belong and quit filling this forum up with your stories and BS !!  Go to my parent teacher conference ....... you sir have no clue !!!  LOL !!!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami