Aledo vs Manvel predictions

wbfan

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you realize that Aledo was in the Semi's two years in a row before Grey even got here(lost to RG III both years) And that was in D1, we only had 1200 kids and  still had two schools make the playoffs with smaller numbers  than us. Then we made the semi's in 2005. So Gray is a special player no doubt, but lets not act like Aledo wasn't legit until he got here.

Nobody is saying he hasn't been the key to our state titles. But in the last 10 years Aledo has made it at least to the Semi's 6 times. In 03 and 04 we lost in the regional final to Denton Ryan and almost beat them in 03. The earliest we have been knocked out in the last 10 years was the 2nd round. Gray may be the best player (RB)in high school history but like I said lets not act like Aledo wasn't good before he got here and we will still be good when he is gone.

[quote name="bronco pride" post="1144469" timestamp="1323649435"]
I agree aledo does have a good program im not trying to offend you I just think jg would make alot of teams in texas champions if he played for them. Its more of a statement about how good I think he is not how bad I think aledos program is.
[/quote]I wish he played for Manvel!

[quote name="songone" post="1144471" timestamp="1323649542"]
[quote author=bronco pride link=topic=92941.msg1144469#msg1144469 date=1323649435]
I agree aledo does have a good program im not trying to offend you I just think jg would make alot of teams in texas champions if he played for them. Its more of a statement about how good I think he is not how bad I think aledos program is.
[/quote]I wish he played for Manvel!
[/quote]man with all the talent yall have thats being kinda greedy dont you think.

[quote name="Atownbcat" post="1144468" timestamp="1323649122"]
Nobody is saying he hasn't been the key to our state titles. But in the last 10 years Aledo has made it at least to the Semi's 6 times. In 03 and 04 we lost in the regional final to Denton Ryan and almost beat them in 03. The earliest we have been knocked out in the last 10 years was the 2nd round. Gray may be the best player (RB)in high school history but like I said lets not act like Aledo wasn't good before he got here and we will still be good when he is gone.
[/quote]
There is a big difference in being good and playing for the state championship. Yes yall have a good football program but i wouldn't put it in the top 10 of 4A in the state. JG adds a lot.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder