Texas HS football vs. rest of the country

[quote name="bigdog" post="1108822" timestamp="1320763886"]
[quote author=ColdHardTRUTH link=topic=91129.msg1108420#msg1108420 date=1320716901]
I gotta admitt I just moved here from Chicago at the begining of this season for work and the BEST Chicago area team couldnt stay on the same field with the worst from any of these local teams. Ive always been interested in the whole Texas friday night lights stories and i was pleasently surprised to find out first hand its all true.

Also I have to give props to the local parents and communities for their support. In Illinois your lucky if half the parents make the games.

Mid County Madness???? WHAT??? Nobody baack home believes me when i say there are 10-15 thousand fans at high school games.

I plan on traveling and trying to catch a playoff game every weekend through out the state playoffs. Who are the teams to watch that travel well. Ive read PNG plays with sometimes 30 thousand people in big playoff games.

Anyhow, glad to be here and Ive enjoyed the local HS football this year.
[/quote]

Nederland, PNG , Dayton all travel pretty well.
[/quote]

Beaumont Central travels well when we're winning lol  ;) :) :)

Truth, I try and explain the religious atmosphere football is here in Texas to my brothers back in WV and they just can"t comprehend it. The two high schools in my hometown is the mid-county madness up there as there is usually at least 10,000 fans at that game. That's more than shows up at the state championship game. I tell'em that's an average crowd down here. Football is a different animal down here!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CougarCrazy124
    Newest Member
    CougarCrazy124