Non- District VS District wins/losses....

Guest KHS 89

So many posters grasp to this "our team beat your team in non-district play, therefore our district is stronger than yours".

Is this really accurate? I mean, yes - a win is a win and on that night, one team was better than the other. And I'm certainly not taking anything away from that win.

But - those non-district matches are played at the beginning of the season (typically) when the teams have only held practice against themselves. These first few non-district matches are a chance for coaches to run their plays, test their strategies and find out what works and make appropriate adjustments for the upcoming district games (when winning and losing will have direct playoff implications).

Seems to me, the next few weeks would be a better gauge as to who's district is stronger by what teams advance throughout the playoffs. 

Depends on the teams and how they progress throughout the year.

For example BH/Nederland is a good one, i believe both teams showed they where very good, and BH should get the best of it.

Or PNG/Crosby tend to get much better throughout the year. So who knows with those two.

Both teams tend to be Slow starters, and both tend to do well. 

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SVD Beaumont
    Newest Member
    SVD Beaumont