WHY??????????????????????????

[quote name="DA' SAWRGE (EBONICS)" post="1101078" timestamp="1320100899"]
[quote author=AggiesWeAreNot link=topic=90282.msg1097165#msg1097165 date=1319821873]
[quote author=LE SARGE REY (Oui-Oui) link=topic=90282.msg1096004#msg1096004 date=1319744223]
[quote author=AggiesWeAreNot link=topic=90282.msg1095975#msg1095975 date=1319741420]
[quote author=LE SARGE REY (Oui-Oui) link=topic=90282.msg1093234#msg1093234 date=1319492452]
[quote author=puddin tane link=topic=90282.msg1093215#msg1093215 date=1319491993]
and I'm not bashing West Brook...but the leading tacklers are from New Jersey and Lumberton
[/quote]
Good, I'm glad WB players are getting help  ;D
[/quote]
Man, you need to stay away from that West Brook Koolaid.  They aren't that good.  This year, they probably are only the 4th or 5th best team in the Golden Triangle, and they constantly get stomped once they go to Houston.

I would love to know which talented WB kids wanted to go to LU but LU didn't recruit?  I am talking kids that have the ability to play 1-AA football (I know it isn't 1 AA anymore but I can't ever remember who is FBS and who is FCS).  For some reason, I doubt that LU would not recruit WB or ANY other local school regardless of their level/size if they have someone worth recruiting.
[/quote]
LOL... U don't want to go there...West Brook Kool-Aid?  EVERY STARTER ON DEFENSE FROM THE CLASS OF 2011 earned an athetic scholarship MR Kool-aid man... ;)  the ones that wanted to be at Lamar and could have played there...two that I know of WANTED to go to Lamar.

Justin Jackson, 5' 9" 185lbs safety:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5wbjNtBq8_o&feature=related

Bruce Reyes Jr 5' 11" 195 QB:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=toXKbtAcb0M
[/quote]

WB lover-

Reyes signed with an NAIA school so I don't understand why you think Lamar sholuld have given him a scholarship.  I am pretty certain, from other posts, that he is your son so I am not trying to dirsrespect him or you.  He is a very good athlete and was a very good 5A quarterback.  I would have loved for him to have walked on like Prewitt did and see if he could prove the naysayers wrong but he was smart and went with the money.  Also, I thought Lamar did recruit him but as a safety or defensive back?

That is nice that every defensive player earned a scholarship.  But, to where?  There are thousands of football scholarships available.  Just because they got scholarships doesn't mean LU should have recruited them.

Where did Justin Jackson end up signing?  If it was a 1-AA school or higher, then I am with you.  LU should have been all over him.  [b]If it was JUCO or Division II or III or NAIA then they probably shouldn't have signed him.[/b]

Do you even know who LU has on its roster?

Oh, off the subject, why do you have naked dudes as your profile picture?
[/quote]Just reading back..that was a dumb statement...lol..
[/quote]
Why is that a dumb statement?

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="DA' SAWRGE (EBONICS)" post="1096007" timestamp="1319744455"]
[quote author=AggiesWeAreNot link=topic=90282.msg1095985#msg1095985 date=1319742416]
[quote author=LE SARGE REY (Oui-Oui) link=topic=90282.msg1093125#msg1093125 date=1319488804]
[quote author=beechnut link=topic=90282.msg1091984#msg1091984 date=1319390840]
Bottome line is Bevil is a head case and Johnson cannot pass the ball. Coach has to go find a qb this spring bc he does not have one. I hope we can beat SFA and Nichols to save face on a good season.
[/quote]
Sorry, but the BS that happened last Spring....DOTY, GONZALES, (the little guy from Hardin).....None getting an offer and u have 7 or 8 on the roster...2/3 can compete at QB, they should have pulled back the scholarships from the guys not being able to make an impact at other positions....

You red shirt Doty, Gonzales, OR the Hardin QB(whom ever)...ALL 3 are athletic enough to Play QB/WR and are play makers!!

Defensively... There are enough West Brook players???  WHO's MAKING ALL THE PLAYS?  Maybe there ISN'T enough West Brook players...Should they go to KELLY to find them???  Legacy???  OOPS...they came from the area High Schools, WB included!!

and I still say, as I have stated before...JJ as a WR can be NFL material!!!.....
I stated this after watching the Spring game, it seemed like his balls were floating...then everyone wanted to chop my comments up....I don't have to put together any numbers to compare to the QB's that are on scholarship at Lamar vs the Class of 2010 QB's from SETX high schools....I can do that in my head...NO COMPARISON...

As for the future...my money is on a JUCO transfer, Prewitt, or Louis(if he can stay healthy) to be the QB next year.

Sorry, I just feel it will take JJ a couple of more years to develop the arm strength needed to start...
[/quote]
Oh, one last thing...I am still shocked with the Doty deal.  What happened with that?  Was he offered scholarships and just turned them down or what?  No idea who Gonzalez is.  But, we have numerous QB's on the roster at LU.  So, that might be why LU didn't offer them anything.  I think we had 5 or 6 at one point.
[/quote]
Yes there was several QB's on the roster...one of the scholarships went to a 6-5 QB from Nederalnd that wasn't even 2nd TEam all district... :-\
[/quote]

No, he wasn't one of them.  They signed him as an 'athlete' I think.  Not the best decision from what I've seen of him (at Nederland) but I guess time will tell.

[quote name="AggiesWeAreNot" post="1102706" timestamp="1320266902"]
[quote author=DA' SAWRGE (EBONICS) link=topic=90282.msg1096007#msg1096007 date=1319744455]
[quote author=AggiesWeAreNot link=topic=90282.msg1095985#msg1095985 date=1319742416]
[quote author=LE SARGE REY (Oui-Oui) link=topic=90282.msg1093125#msg1093125 date=1319488804]
[quote author=beechnut link=topic=90282.msg1091984#msg1091984 date=1319390840]
Bottome line is Bevil is a head case and Johnson cannot pass the ball. Coach has to go find a qb this spring bc he does not have one. I hope we can beat SFA and Nichols to save face on a good season.
[/quote]
Sorry, but the BS that happened last Spring....DOTY, GONZALES, (the little guy from Hardin).....None getting an offer and u have 7 or 8 on the roster...2/3 can compete at QB, they should have pulled back the scholarships from the guys not being able to make an impact at other positions....

You red shirt Doty, Gonzales, OR the Hardin QB(whom ever)...ALL 3 are athletic enough to Play QB/WR and are play makers!!

Defensively... There are enough West Brook players???  WHO's MAKING ALL THE PLAYS?  Maybe there ISN'T enough West Brook players...Should they go to KELLY to find them???  Legacy???  OOPS...they came from the area High Schools, WB included!!

and I still say, as I have stated before...JJ as a WR can be NFL material!!!.....
I stated this after watching the Spring game, it seemed like his balls were floating...then everyone wanted to chop my comments up....I don't have to put together any numbers to compare to the QB's that are on scholarship at Lamar vs the Class of 2010 QB's from SETX high schools....I can do that in my head...NO COMPARISON...

As for the future...my money is on a JUCO transfer, Prewitt, or Louis(if he can stay healthy) to be the QB next year.

Sorry, I just feel it will take JJ a couple of more years to develop the arm strength needed to start...
[/quote]
Oh, one last thing...I am still shocked with the Doty deal.  What happened with that?  Was he offered scholarships and just turned them down or what?  No idea who Gonzalez is.  But, we have numerous QB's on the roster at LU.  So, that might be why LU didn't offer them anything.  I think we had 5 or 6 at one point.
[/quote]
Yes there was several QB's on the roster...one of the scholarships went to a 6-5 QB from Nederalnd that wasn't even 2nd TEam all district... :-\
[/quote]

No, he wasn't one of them.  They signed him as an 'athlete' I think.  Not the best decision from what I've seen of him (at Nederland) but I guess time will tell.
[/quote]
Never saw him play QB or TE...

[quote name="DA' SAWRGE (EBONICS)" post="1097231" timestamp="1319825752"]
No offense taken...junior proved he was a player...if he was 6' 1"/6' 2", we aren't having this discussion ...and he'd be playing at UH...The fact that I was told he was NOT going to be offered because he was under 6' is the matter here...can he play at this level? Absolutetly .. Yes he plays NAIA...are u familiar with that?

As for the pic, me and my two sons

Yes I am aware who is on lamars roster...but also know these guys I talked about could have been red shirted and bulked up .. And competed as red shirt frosh
[/quote]

Oh, and I never responded to this one.  If he was 6' 1" why would he be playing at UH instead of LU?

If he wasn't offered a scholarship here because he isn't 6' that is just plain stupid.  Either you can play or you can't.  I know all types of factors go into it but the bottom line is, are you good enough to play at this level?  Arm not strong enough, ok.  Too slow, ok.  Innacurate, ok.  Troublemaker, ok.  Lazy, ok.  Just not quite good enough, ok.  But, not 6'?  Absurd.

Yes, I am familiar with the NAIA.  Obviously, I don't pay attention to it as much as Division 1 and now 1-AA since LU brought back football but I am familiar with NAIA.

Btw, I'd be thrilled if my son were ever offered a scholarship to play anywhere.  That alone is an incredible accomplishment.  Hell, making it to starting at a "5A" high school football program is impressive.  I'm stoked when my son gets out from in front of the xbox and goes and plays catch in the front yard.

[quote name="AggiesWeAreNot" post="1102720" timestamp="1320267726"]
[quote author=DA' SAWRGE (EBONICS) link=topic=90282.msg1097231#msg1097231 date=1319825752]
No offense taken...junior proved he was a player...if he was 6' 1"/6' 2", we aren't having this discussion ...and he'd be playing at UH...The fact that I was told he was NOT going to be offered because he was under 6' is the matter here...can he play at this level? Absolutetly .. Yes he plays NAIA...are u familiar with that?

As for the pic, me and my two sons

Yes I am aware who is on lamars roster...but also know these guys I talked about could have been red shirted and bulked up .. And competed as red shirt frosh
[/quote]

Oh, and I never responded to this one.  If he was 6' 1" why would he be playing at UH instead of LU?

[b]If he wasn't offered a scholarship here because he isn't 6' that is just plain stupid.  Either you can play or you can't.  I know all types of factors go into it but the bottom line is, are you good enough to play at this level?  Arm not strong enough, ok.  Too slow, ok.  Innacurate, ok.  Troublemaker, ok.  Lazy, ok.  Just not quite good enough, ok.  But, not 6'?  Absurd.[/b]

Yes, I am familiar with the NAIA.  Obviously, I don't pay attention to it as much as Division 1 and now 1-AA since LU brought back football but I am familiar with NAIA.

Btw, I'd be thrilled if my son were ever offered a scholarship to play anywhere.  That alone is an incredible accomplishment.  Hell, making it to starting at a "5A" high school football program is impressive.  I'm stoked when my son gets out from in front of the xbox and goes and plays catch in the front yard.
[/quote]BINGO.....THOSE were my words almost to the "T"!!

Jr and MoVal was a perfect fit....I'm happy he's there, but we miss him here.... ;D

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CougarCrazy124
    Newest Member
    CougarCrazy124