Tarkington vs. Shepherd Game Thread/Shepherd wins!

WOSgrad

The Tarkington Longhorns come into Shepherd with a 0-6 record, averaging 11.83 points per game while giving up 48.43 points per game.. The Pirates average 13 points per game and give up 43 points per game. One of these two teams will go home with their 1st win. The numbers give the Pirates a small advantage...BUT, have you always noticed there is always a "BUT", little known to the public is that Shepherd has 3 starters out for the season.

This season has been long and hard for the young Pirates and the 22-3A teams have not helped their cause any. It seems the Pirates cannot catch a break as they face one power team after another, and the losses mount up. Their last 4 opponents have a combined record of 26-4 and 2 of the 4 losses were from within. Those 4 teams have scored 1197 points and only allowed 457 points. District 22-3A features one of the state’s top team, the Coldspring Trojans, the area’s top rusher Sherman Gilbert, two of the area’s top passers, Townley of Huffman and Fritzwater of Liberty, the area’s top scorer Sherman Gilbert with 29 touchdowns. Stop that’s enough, I think I have made my point. This is not a district to find yourself in when you are trying to rebuild after a 1-9 record from the previous year. But the show must go on.

I was impressed with a response by Shepherd’s Coach Jones when I asked him what his thoughts were before playing Coldspring? He thought for a second and replied “You can count on one thing for sure, we will be there to play the game, and we will show up.” I respected his answer!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Ryzxed
    Newest Member
    Ryzxed