Currently: 4A Region 3 Playoff Match Ups... (updated weekly)

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also no way Magnolia West beats Livingston. I've seen them play, not enough defense, offense only one good running back to stop and not enough speed. Ooops did I say that? You will be looking at a Livingston vs Brenham game for sure, even without The Bull. Also BH or PNG could present a lot of problems for Brenham, don't no much about Terry, but BH is not the #1 4A team in this area because it was given to them. I can't wait for playoffs to begin, because that's when it counts. 

[quote name="badndn" post="1088421" timestamp="1319132565"]
[quote author=PURPLE 4EVER link=topic=90092.msg1088393#msg1088393 date=1319131274]
Just my opinion...
But the easiest brackets to get to the end (due to a weak 2nd round match up or weaker 3rd round match up) would be the Vidor Crosby slot, or the Livingston Dayton slot.
Good work on the brackets Brenham Fan
[/quote]
So going through the Manvel/Angleton winner is easy. That may be the toughest 3rd round opponent. Manvel is like a college team. The little guy on the line is 6'3 280! Not buying that at all.
[/quote]They play last, but Dawson is ranked higher than Manvel.  Either way, your going to have to beat a quality team from 24-4A (or Brenham) to get out of the region.

Guest Pirate_pride_07
[quote name="knightrider" post="1088660" timestamp="1319152756"]
[quote author=mytwocents link=topic=90092.msg1088638#msg1088638 date=1319149753]
They didn't do 20-4A
[/quote]The Houston Chronicle doesn't do 20-4A. They just do the Houston area.  ???
[/quote]
I would believe that if they didn't do lufkin and which is 119 miles away from hoston yet they can't do a district that is closer than that?

[quote name="mytwocents" post="1088668" timestamp="1319153255"]
[quote author=knightrider link=topic=90092.msg1088660#msg1088660 date=1319152756]
[quote author=mytwocents link=topic=90092.msg1088638#msg1088638 date=1319149753]
They didn't do 20-4A
[/quote]The Houston Chronicle doesn't do 20-4A. They just do the Houston area.  ???
[/quote]
I would believe that if they didn't do lufkin and which is 119 miles away from hoston yet they can't do a district that is closer than that?
[/quote]
If you knew what you were talking about you would know that they do Lufkin because they are in the District with Kingwood, Conroe and the Woodlands!

Of course that may be information that only us "Rich Folks" over here in Mid County would have! ::)

[quote name="Trocket" post="1088491" timestamp="1319138307"]
Also no way Magnolia West beats Livingston. I've seen them play, not enough defense, offense only one good running back to stop and not enough speed. Ooops did I say that? You will be looking at a Livingston vs Brenham game for sure, even without The Bull. Also BH or PNG could present a lot of problems for Brenham, don't no much about Terry, but BH is not the #1 4A team in this area because it was given to them. I can't wait for playoffs to begin, because that's when it counts.
[/quote]
So your confident that Livingston will beat LaMarque also? I will say again you gotta pass in the playoffs to win. And as potent as that running game is Livingston can't throw the ball!!!

Guest Pirate_pride_07
[quote name="badndn" post="1089059" timestamp="1319207550"]
[quote author=Trocket link=topic=90092.msg1088491#msg1088491 date=1319138307]
[/quote]
So your confident that Livingston will beat LaMarque also? I will say again you gotta pass in the playoffs to win. And as potent as that running game is Livingston can't throw the ball!!!
[/quote]
That saying "you gotta pass in the playoffs" is about as stupid as the dance your lil indian does. Do you not know anything man? I say for like the fourth time this week, Liberty Hill who runs the same offense that Livingston and Vidor does won not only one state championship but two in a row while running a slot t offense. And guess what. They didn't pass much either.

[quote name="badndn" post="1089059" timestamp="1319207550"]
[/quote]
[/quote]Yes i"m confident Livingston Will beat LaMarque. Everyone says Livingston can't throw the ball, I disagree, Of course they are not a throwing team, but if they pick the right time to throw they will always be successful in throwing. I like our everything about our coach except that he has not learn to control his ego yet and will just pass to prove he can pass. Which hurts his team,because he will not be satisfied with just moving the ball up the field until they prove they can stop him, and throw a pass to keep the other team honest every now and then. But to have control of a game and all of a sudden just start throwing doesn't make sense. Besides LaMarque is not all that this year. 

[quote name="mytwocents" post="1089136" timestamp="1319213921"]
[quote author=badndn link=topic=90092.msg1089059#msg1089059 date=1319207550]
[/quote]
[/quote]
That saying "you gotta pass in the playoffs" is about as stupid as the dance your lil indian does. Do you not know anything man? I say for like the fourth time this week, Liberty Hill who runs the same offense that Livingston and Vidor does won not only one state championship but two in a row while running a slot t offense. And guess what. They didn't pass much either.
[/quote]
3A football is different. Most of the star players in 3A are playing both ways and an offense like the Slot T will wear them down. Also 3A teams seldom have enough talent accross the board to shut down a good slot offense.

4A and up has the numbers to have a multitude of studs on both sides of the ball. Especially the farther you get in the playoffs. When was the last time a Slot T or one of the bone offenses won or even made it to a state title game in Texas at the 4A or 5A level? Been almost 20 years!

Real Data doesn't lie. Now who is Stupid!

[quote name="mytwocents" post="1089136" timestamp="1319213921"]
[/quote]
[/quote]
[/quote]I agree

[quote name="Trocket" post="1089142" timestamp="1319214154"]
[/quote]
[/quote]Yes i"m confident Livingston Will beat LaMarque. Everyone says Livingston can't throw the ball, I disagree, Of course they are not a throwing team, but if they pick the right time to throw they will always be successful in throwing. I like our everything about our coach except that he has not learn to control his ego yet and will just pass to prove he can pass. Which hurts his team,because he will not be satisfied with just moving the ball up the field until they prove they can stop him, and throw a pass to keep the other team honest every now and then. But to have control of a game and all of a sudden just start throwing doesn't make sense. Besides LaMarque is not all that this year.
[/quote]
Good luck with that! Not sure what your basing your assessment of LaMarque on. If it's the fact that they lost 2 games so far then don't forget they entered the playoffs last year with 3 L's. They also lost by a point to a very good Terry team away and an outstanding legit State Title contender in Manvel away. This "down" LM team is averaging 48 ppg and giving up 13. Compared to you guys at 36 and 17 which is very good.

So lets say a team like Brenham has the hosses to shut down your running game. Your telling me that all of a sudden Livingston can just become a passing offense without having had to do it much all year??? It ain't happening. Last time we faced Brenham they shutdown our running game, but we were able to stay in the game because we were diverse in our offense. They beat us 27-21 and we had a shot at knocking them off inside of two minutes left. They went on to loose to Aledo in the Ttitle game that year. If we hadn't thrown the ball all year there is no way we just all of a sudden turn on the passing game and get back in that game.

I hate to bore you people with facts, but this is what I try and base my opinions on. even when it comes to my own PNG team.

We will surely revisit this in several weeks. I'm rooting for you guys, but recent history with the Slot T and the Bone offenses in the 4A and 5A playoffs is not on your side.

[quote name="badndn" post="1089146" timestamp="1319214272"]
[quote author=mytwocents link=topic=90092.msg1089136#msg1089136 date=1319213921]
[/quote]
[/quote]
[/quote]
3A football is different. Most of the star players in 3A are playing both ways and an offense like the Slot T will wear them down. Also 3A teams seldom have enough talent accross the board to shut down a good slot offense.

4A and up has the numbers to have a multitude of studs on both sides of the ball. Especially the farther you get in the playoffs. When was the last time a Slot T or one of the bone offenses won or even made it to a state title game in Texas at the 4A or 5A level? Been almost 20 years!

Real Data doesn't lie. Now who is Stupid!
[/quote]Lewisville won two 5-A state championships in the 90's with Coach Ronnie Gage. Same offense he is using at BH. I don't know how far we will get in the playoff's but I will bet we get farther than PNG ;D I would think twice before I called anyone stupid next time :o

Um thank you for making my point BH15. Lewisville won 5A titles in 1993 and 1996 which was 15 years ago. And they are the only one to do so since 1990 in either 4A or 5A.

So I was correct it has been almost 20 years! I hate to cloud your guys judgement with facts!
And go back and look at who was referenced as stupid!

Quote from: mytwocents on Today at 11:30:41 AM
That saying "you gotta pass in the playoffs" is about as [b]stupid[/b] as the dance your lil indian does. [b]Do you not know anything man?[/b] I say for like the fourth time this week, Liberty Hill who runs the same offense that Livingston and Vidor does won not only one state championship but two in a row while running a slot t offense. And guess what. They didn't pass much either.

Guest Pirate_pride_07
[quote name="badndn" post="1089253" timestamp="1319220670"]
Um thank you for making my point BH15. Lewisville won 5A titles in 1993 and 1996 which was 15 years ago. And they are the only one to do so since 1990 in either 4A or 5A.

[b]So I was correct it has been almost 20 years![/b] I hate to cloud your guys judgement with facts!

[/quote]
Lets see. Obama was elected president in 2008. Before that how long has it been before an African American was elected president?  ::)  8)

Oh OK, so your saying there is always a chance! I'll concede to that, but I will not concede that it will be either Livingston or Vidor to be the team to do it this year! When was the last time either Livingston or Vidor made it out of the first round?

So do you think it's a coincidence that only one team in 20+ years has made it to the big dance in the upper classifications running this offense?

Guest Pirate_pride_07
[quote name="badndn" post="1089273" timestamp="1319222021"]
Oh OK, so your saying there is always a chance! I'll concede to that, but I will not concede that it will be either Livingston or Vidor to be the team to do it this year! When was the last time either Livingston or Vidor made it out of the first round?

So do you think it's a coincidence that only one team in 20+ years has made it to the big dance in the upper classifications running this offense?
[/quote]
Nope i do not because that's where you and i differ and most people on here think the same way. That's the reason we rank the 3A teams with the 4A and 5A teams because most people on here don't consider the 3A school to be small schools. I consider them to a big school. So yeah that lil saying about Liberty Hill being 3A and a small school is in my mind wrong. I consider them a big school. So therefore it has been more than one team. And they did it in 2006 and 2007.

You telling me that you believe LH beats any one of the following Lamarque, Coperas Cove (with RG3) SLC, Westlake, Cedar Hill, Lamar Consolidated, Lake Travis, HPark, ETrinity, Judson or Katy in 06 or 07? Just one of them?

When was the last time a 3A school moved up to 4A and immediately went to a title game? It happens all the time from 4A to 5A (SLC, Smithson valley, Cibolo Steele, Denton Guyer).

SLC is a prime example. They dominated in 3A early 90's running the flex. Then moved up to 4A and fell off the map for a few years. Ledbetter retired, they changed offenses, began to compete again and moved to 5A and went on a streak.

Aledo was 3A several years back, but it has taken them a few years in 4A to become the power they are.

Guest Pirate_pride_07
[quote name="badndn" post="1089321" timestamp="1319224286"]
You telling me that you believe LH beats any one of the following Lamarque, Coperas Cove (with RG3) SLC, Westlake, Cedar Hill, Lamar Consolidated, Lake Travis, HPark, ETrinity, Judson or Katy in 06 or 07? Just one of them?

When was the last time a 3A school moved up to 4A and immediately went to a title game? It happens all the time from 4A to 5A (SLC, Smithson valley, Cibolo Steele, Denton Guyer).

SLC is a prime example. They dominated in 3A early 90's running the flex. Then moved up to 4A and fell off the map for a few years. Ledbetter retired, they changed offenses, began to compete again and moved to 5A and went on a streak.

Aledo was 3A several years back, but it has taken them a few years in 4A to become the power they are.
[/quote]
Yes that year i believe that Liberty Hill would've beaten plenty of 4A teams and atleast made a deep run into the playoffs.

[quote name="badndn" post="1089253" timestamp="1319220670"]

So I was correct it has been almost 20 years! I hate to cloud your guys judgement with facts!

That saying "you gotta pass in the playoffs" is about as [b]stupid[/b] as the dance your lil indian does. [b]Do you not know anything man?[/b] I say for like the fourth time this week, Liberty Hill who runs the same offense that Livingston and Vidor does won not only one state championship but two in a row while running a slot t offense. And guess what. They didn't pass much either.
[/quote]Got confused on who you were referencing. Look forward to sparring with you if our teams happen to meet up in the 1st round.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    kinghoyn
    Newest Member
    kinghoyn