WHATS WRONG WITH DAYTON???? I will tell you

horse67

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="bronco pride" post="1085437" timestamp="1318806265"]
I think 06 yall were undefeated and played central in a tight game. Looks like yall might get another shot at png
[/quote]

oh yeah I remeber that game!!Central won by 3 points and we had a 4th and 2 on the Central 20 yard line with seconds left in the game. Our ex coach decided to throw a fade into the endzone instead of kicking the field goal and going into OT :'( Central goes on a couple of rounds and then gets beat by LaMarque

[quote name="BrenhamFan" post="1084903" timestamp="1318776944"]
[quote author=PURPLE 4EVER link=topic=89924.msg1084830#msg1084830 date=1318768489]
[quote author=bhringo link=topic=89924.msg1084742#msg1084742 date=1318738650]
Everybody is quitting. They suck because of that. They should be in second but they are not. North Forest will beat them next week. I am calling an upset. BH is raw this year. And GCM is also good. So they lost to two good teams. BH is going to go deep in playoffs because of their defense.
[/quote]Have fun in round 2 with Brenham.
[/quote]
;) ;D
How to stop the triple option... By the Green Machine
(tune in 11/18/11)
[/quote]
I can't wait to play yall. It is going to be a really good game. The outcome could be anything.

[quote name="bhringo" post="1085927" timestamp="1318864202"]
[quote author=BrenhamFan link=topic=89924.msg1084903#msg1084903 date=1318776944]
[quote author=PURPLE 4EVER link=topic=89924.msg1084830#msg1084830 date=1318768489]
[quote author=bhringo link=topic=89924.msg1084742#msg1084742 date=1318738650]
Everybody is quitting. They suck because of that. They should be in second but they are not. North Forest will beat them next week. I am calling an upset. BH is raw this year. And GCM is also good. So they lost to two good teams. BH is going to go deep in playoffs because of their defense.
[/quote]Have fun in round 2 with Brenham.
[/quote]
;) ;D
How to stop the triple option... By the Green Machine
(tune in 11/18/11)
[/quote]
I can't wait to play yall. It is going to be a really good game. The outcome could be anything.
[/quote]

Tomorrow, we're officially 1 month away!  We still have a few games to go, but no doubt, it has the makings for a good one.

[quote name="BRONX ROX" post="1085444" timestamp="1318806429"]
[quote author=horse67 link=topic=89924.msg1085094#msg1085094 date=1318790871]
Maybe Dayton Transplant has something
Maybe that "shut up and play" attitude is whats wrong
Maybe Bronx you should change the subtitle under your icon "no offence. ..no defence....no problem" ????  ITS A PROBLEM
[/quote]
Well with your 2 post I know you are new to the forum so I will cut you some slack. All I'm sayin is any program that the players run not the coaches watches football games from da stands not the sidelines come playoff time. Question for you............ Ask #1 who is sitting on da sidelines how much he cares about the coaches "philosophy" compared to his chance to be on da field at 100%. ANSWER.... #1 just wants to be out there no matter what ANYBODYS says. Put your gear on and be proud to represent a program that anybody would love to have half the sucess that it has have for the last 15 years. So again I will stick by SHUT UP AND PLAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
[/quote]

Plenty of talented kids quit under coach Stewart as well. [b]Kids quit because they don't want to play[/b], and they give a million reasons why. Stewart was hard on kids and a lot chose not to play, or bother even coming out when Stewart was there. When the community (players parents) start to trash the coach kids listen. This is when it is important to really support a program, when things aren't going good. There are plenty of things I would like to say to grown men who would get on here to spread rumors and speculate on the lives of teenagers but its hardly the place. Broncos are not done by a long shot, there is plenty of football left to be played in Dayton and many more playoff games in years to come.

[quote name="bronco1" post="1086052" timestamp="1318871019"]
[quote author=BRONX ROX link=topic=89924.msg1085444#msg1085444 date=1318806429]
[quote author=horse67 link=topic=89924.msg1085094#msg1085094 date=1318790871]
Maybe Dayton Transplant has something
Maybe that "shut up and play" attitude is whats wrong
Maybe Bronx you should change the subtitle under your icon "no offence. ..no defence....no problem" ????  ITS A PROBLEM
[/quote]
Well with your 2 post I know you are new to the forum so I will cut you some slack. All I'm sayin is any program that the players run not the coaches watches football games from da stands not the sidelines come playoff time. Question for you............ Ask #1 who is sitting on da sidelines how much he cares about the coaches "philosophy" compared to his chance to be on da field at 100%. ANSWER.... #1 just wants to be out there no matter what ANYBODYS says. Put your gear on and be proud to represent a program that anybody would love to have half the sucess that it has have for the last 15 years. So again I will stick by SHUT UP AND PLAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
[/quote]

Plenty of talented kids quit under coach Stewart as well. [b]Kids quit because they don't want to play[/b], and they give a million reasons why. Stewart was hard on kids and a lot chose not to play, or bother even coming out when Stewart was there. When the community (players parents) start to trash the coach kids listen. This is when it is important to really support a program, when things aren't going good. There are plenty of things I would like to say to grown men who would get on here to spread rumors and speculate on the lives of teenagers but its hardly the place. Broncos are not done by a long shot, there is plenty of football left to be played in Dayton and many more playoff games in years to come.
[/quote]

Good Post.  Very important for the parents to back the coach and the program.  Dayton still has a good shot of making the playoffs and the kids need to know there is support from everywhere.

[quote name="BHFAN" post="1085863" timestamp="1318860539"]
[quote author=bronco pride link=topic=89924.msg1085437#msg1085437 date=1318806265]
I think 06 yall were undefeated and played central in a tight game. Looks like yall might get another shot at png
[/quote]

oh yeah I remeber that game!!Central won by 3 points and we had a 4th and 2 on the Central 20 yard line with seconds left in the game. Our ex coach decided to throw a fade into the endzone instead of kicking the field goal and going into OT :'( Central goes on a couple of rounds and then gets beat by LaMarque
[/quote]

Central played LaMarque the 2nd round and got beat

[quote name="Mr. E" post="1086064" timestamp="1318872621"]
[quote author=BHFAN link=topic=89924.msg1085863#msg1085863 date=1318860539]
[quote author=bronco pride link=topic=89924.msg1085437#msg1085437 date=1318806265]
[/quote]

[/quote]

Central played LaMarque the 2nd round and got beat
[/quote]

MAn I'm sucking with this memory thing ;D Thanks

My worries since the announcement of Stewart's retirement have come to fruition.  I was worried it might take the new coaching staff a little while to figure out their new positions and there might be a drop-off.  I didn't realize it would be quite this much however....I only hope they are given enough time to figure it out.  It's not a right to play football and it takes commitment...as for the who did what/when/where/why...who cares. 

[quote name="rollinac" post="1086089" timestamp="1318874360"]
My worries since the announcement of Stewart's retirement have come to fruition.  I was worried it might take the new coaching staff a little while to figure out their new positions and there might be a drop-off.  I didn't realize it would be quite this much however....I only hope they are given enough time to figure it out.  It's not a right to play football and it takes commitment...as for the who did what/when/where/why...who cares.
[/quote]

You are correct.  There has to be a transition period in there.  I don't necessarily think they dropped that much in that I think they are playing pretty decent with the talent that they have.  Every team is going to have those down years, to me that builds character as long as everybody still believes in the system.  Gotta take the bad with the good.  Hopefully some of them young guys have seen what the Broncos have done in the past and it will motivate them to keep pushing.  Again, the ultimate goal is The State Championship, nothing else.

[quote name="7mary3" post="1086286" timestamp="1318885197"]
[quote author=rollinac link=topic=89924.msg1086089#msg1086089 date=1318874360]
[/quote]

You are correct.  There has to be a transition period in there.  I don't necessarily think they dropped that much in that I think they are playing pretty decent with the talent that they have.  Every team is going to have those down years, to me that builds character as long as everybody still believes in the system.  Gotta take the bad with the good.  Hopefully some of them young guys have seen what the Broncos have done in the past and it will motivate them to keep pushing.  Again, the ultimate goal is The State Championship, nothing else.
[/quote]

I would agree accept for the amount your coaches require from kids, if they don't win then they will lose the team, you guys like to talk about how much your coaches work the kids, they'll only do that much more work if they win.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Ryzxed
    Newest Member
    Ryzxed