WHATS WRONG WITH DAYTON???? I will tell you

horse67

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="bhringo" post="1084742" timestamp="1318738650"]
Everybody is quitting. They suck because of that. They should be in second but they are not. North Forest will beat them next week. I am calling an upset. BH is raw this year. And GCM is also good. So they lost to two good teams. BH is going to go deep in playoffs because of their defense.
[/quote]Have fun in round 2 with Brenham.

Two programs that have been great seem to be struggling this year (WOS and Dayton)...despite how good their replacements may be and despite the fact that they both came from within the system, there is still a transition and it is showing for both of these programs this year...just validates how difficult it is to replace a legendary coach...I don't think you can lose leaders like that and just assume business as usual...it's possible, just harder than people make it seem.

[quote name="Razor" post="1084836" timestamp="1318769546"]
Two programs that have been great seem to be struggling this year (WOS and Dayton)...despite how good their replacements may be and despite the fact that they both came from within the system, there is still a transition and it is showing for both of these programs this year...just validates how difficult it is to replace a legendary coach...I don't think you can lose leaders like that and just assume business as usual...it's possible, just harder than people make it seem.
[/quote]
true dat razor

[quote name="bhringo" post="1084742" timestamp="1318738650"]
Everybody is quitting. They suck because of that. They should be in second but they are not. North Forest will beat them next week. I am calling an upset. BH is raw this year. And GCM is also good. So they lost to two good teams. BH is going to go deep in playoffs because of their defense.
[/quote]
What I like about all the BH tards is last year when they got taken to da wood shed ( 54-0 is hard to forget) all we heard about was about new coach / new system. Yet they squeak one out against a team with a new coach / new system (play calling is totally different) and they are the best thing since slice bread ;D Plain and simple DAYTON WILL MAKE THE PLAYOFFS but lets break it down for those who really want to know.........................................................................................

[b]OFFENSE[/b] - The best player (JD) who we all hoped would be 100% is sitting on da sidelines. The second best player (#20) has been hurt since the 1st qrt of the BH game. DA PONY been nursing an ankle and (Mundo) is gone. Chambers is seeing a CB / DB over the top every play because he is the only "big play" threat right now.
[b]DEFENSE[/b] - TO LIGHT IN DA HIP POCKET plain and simple. The LBs probably average 145 and against "power running" teams we are going to struggle. The DBs / CBs have to support the run so much that they are getting in bad positions 1 one 1  and having to drop back from near the LOS. The front 3 are doing a good job but are running out of the play up field pass rushing when you know teams are gonna run it down your throat.
[b]COACHING[/b] - REPLACING A LEGEND ISN'T EASY. You would say they all have been there but they are all new to "calling" the plays. On O we used to set up the pass with the run and now we are trying to set up the run with the pass and it has hurt the rhythm of the O. On D replacing RIP / WRIGHT / BALDWIN / BOOTH / POWELL has been a challenge and when you loose all that size you cant just stand there and wait you have to mix it up and actually move towards the LOS not two steps back when the ball is snapped. Where I think the coaching has struggled this year is trying to stick with the "status quo" instead of adjusting to the personnel you have.

Overall we knew this year would be a challenge and besides the GCM game (which 5 TOs will do ask BH from last year) DA BRONX have been there in every game. Its easy to smile when you are blowing out every team every week but now is the time to really find out what kind of team you have when all the chips are on da table. We all (BRONX NATION) have faith in you boys and COACHES the only way to shut up the nai sayers to to show it on da field ;D

[quote name="bronco pride" post="1084873" timestamp="1318774682"]
Bronxrox you forgot about joe duff I think he led us in tackles last year
[/quote]

True Dat......  Just sayin we all knew the waters were gonna be rough this year but thats how it is when you have a sucessful program year in year out.

[quote name="PURPLE 4EVER" post="1084830" timestamp="1318768489"]
[quote author=bhringo link=topic=89924.msg1084742#msg1084742 date=1318738650]
[/quote]
;) ;D
How to stop the triple option... By the Green Machine
(tune in 11/18/11)

Good Post BRONX ROX...

Number 1...No difference in BH and Dayton fans.  Always a couple that just like to rattle chains, and that's fun to see.
Number 2...It's great when you're on the rise, and the longer your up there, the tougher it is as you begin to slide...But let's face it, Dayton is going through hard times w/ injurys, more so than the coaching change.  The injurys, piling up can create frustration from every direction.
Number 3...The coaching staffs of neither team caused  the 5/8 turnovers.  But, that's when strength begins to show, especially in a team that shows some character.  Overcoming injurys and turnovers indicates something special.  In the past, it's been Dayton.  Right now, it's BH.  At any point that can turn around...As they always say, "Isn't that why they play the game?"

Number 4...Lets hope that all injurys are healed quickly, and that no more injurys occur for any of our teams, from any Region, or District.

[quote name="ragarm55" post="1084907" timestamp="1318777088"]
Good Post BRONX ROX...

Number 1...No difference in BH and Dayton fans.  Always a [b]couple that just like to rattle chains[/b], and that's fun to see.
Number 2...It's great when you're on the rise, and the longer your up there, the tougher it is as you begin to slide...But let's face it, Dayton is going through hard times w/ injurys, more so than the coaching change.  The injurys, piling up can create frustration from every direction.
Number 3...The coaching staffs of neither team caused  the 5/8 turnovers.  But, that's when strength begins to show, especially in a team that shows some character.  Overcoming injurys and turnovers indicates something special.  In the past, it's been Dayton.  Right now, it's BH.  At any point that can turn around...As they always say, "Isn't that why they play the game?"

Number 4...Lets hope that all injurys are healed quickly, and that no more injurys occur for any of our teams, from any Region, or District.
[/quote]

GUILTY AS CHARGED  ;D  Just pointing out there are multiple things not just "coaching certificates"  ;)

[quote name="BrenhamFan" post="1084903" timestamp="1318776944"]
[quote author=PURPLE 4EVER link=topic=89924.msg1084830#msg1084830 date=1318768489]
[quote author=bhringo link=topic=89924.msg1084742#msg1084742 date=1318738650]
[/quote]
;) ;D
How to stop the triple option... By the Green Machine
(tune in 11/18/11)
[/quote]

If we get there th Green Machine wil be tested! Wait and see ;)

[quote name="Dayton Transplant" post="1085046" timestamp="1318787478"]
[b]Listen[/b] to the players and you will know whats wrong with Dayton. More to come.
[/quote]

Talk is cheap bottom line is those "players" you want to listen to are getting out work on da field Friday nights............. SHUT UP AND PLAY  ;D

[quote name="mytwocents" post="1084774" timestamp="1318743725"]
[quote author=Mr. Buddy Garrity link=topic=89924.msg1084753#msg1084753 date=1318741354]
When the last time BH went past first round? Yeah exactly.
;D
[/quote]
When was the last time an African American was elected president before Barrack Obama? Bringing up what happened in the past is pointless IMO.  8)
[/quote]It's not pointless, it's very relevant. I brought it up before. I'm still waiting on an answer from the most feared team in Texas --> Ant Mound.

[quote name="Mr. Buddy Garrity" post="1085304" timestamp="1318801642"]
[quote author=mytwocents link=topic=89924.msg1084774#msg1084774 date=1318743725]
[quote author=Mr. Buddy Garrity link=topic=89924.msg1084753#msg1084753 date=1318741354]
When the last time BH went past first round? Yeah exactly.
;D
[/quote]
When was the last time an African American was elected president before Barrack Obama? Bringing up what happened in the past is pointless IMO.  8)
[/quote]It's not pointless, it's very relevant. I brought it up before. I'm still waiting on an answer from the most feared team in Texas --> Ant Mound.
[/quote]

You would think from a man with so much knowledge that you could have found this information. BH when to the 3rd round in 99 and made at least 4-5 2nd round appearances from 2000 through 2008.

Now when's the last time someone from PA went through life without assistance from the Government? Yeah EXACTLY 8)

[quote name="bronco pride" post="1085399" timestamp="1318804975"]
Bhfan I hate to ask but since 06 when have yall been to the second round bh went 4a in 06 and I know yall havent won a playoff game in 4a tell me if im wrong
[/quote]

You are correct! I didn't think we had been in 4A that long, but time flys when your having fun. We have not been to the second round in 4A missing all of these by 7 points or less except one 14 point vicotory by PNG! All of the 2-3 round appearances have been in 3A.

[quote name="horse67" post="1085094" timestamp="1318790871"]
Maybe Dayton Transplant has something
Maybe that "shut up and play" attitude is whats wrong
Maybe Bronx you should change the subtitle under your icon "no offence. ..no defence....no problem" ????  ITS A PROBLEM
[/quote]
Well with your 2 post I know you are new to the forum so I will cut you some slack. All I'm sayin is any program that the players run not the coaches watches football games from da stands not the sidelines come playoff time. Question for you............ Ask #1 who is sitting on da sidelines how much he cares about the coaches "philosophy" compared to his chance to be on da field at 100%. ANSWER.... #1 just wants to be out there no matter what ANYBODYS says. Put your gear on and be proud to represent a program that anybody would love to have half the sucess that it has have for the last 15 years. So again I will stick by SHUT UP AND PLAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

[quote name="horse67" post="1085094" timestamp="1318790871"]
Maybe Dayton Transplant has something
Maybe that "shut up and play" attitude is whats wrong
Maybe Bronx you should change the subtitle under your icon "no offence. ..no defence....no problem" ????  ITS A PROBLEM
[/quote]

Fixed it for ya horse67 and Dayton Transplant  ;D

Stewart was great at putting the right player in the right position, every year we lost tons of talent to graduation, lot of anxiety about the next year, two to three games into the next season, all the positions were filled with the correct player and it was business as usual.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CougarCrazy124
    Newest Member
    CougarCrazy124