Does Dayton make the playoff's?

Jeepz

Guest Pirate_pride_07
That's what the Bronco fan's say every week. Every week they say just wait till next week. We'll figure it out and get back to our winning ways. IMO i think Dayton just doesn't have it this year and everyone in Dayton's fan base just can't accept it lol. You need more than a winning tradition to win. Thats what really gets me going on this site. Most of the fans of the Big school aka central, ned, png, dayton, silsbee, and wos, think that they will win every game no matter how much talent the other team has or how good there record this year is or how good there stats are. They think that a winning tradition will automatically get them a win and sometimes that is true but most of the time it isn't. And if there team gets one win they are like we are back and we won't lose any more this year. And if they lose to a team who is not a "big team" then they are saying just wait till next week or if we did this or did that. Excuses excuses excuses. And in order for a "non big team" to get respect they basically have to go through the entire season and lose like one or two in order for everyone to give them the respect they deserved at the beginning of the season. Now i'm not saying every fan of the "big schools" are like this. There are a few who are genuine and give respect where it is deserved. And i thank them for that.

Okay i'm done with my rant for the week.  8)

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="Tim Riggins" post="1083963" timestamp="1318696543"]
[quote author=Tim Riggins link=topic=89872.msg1083942#msg1083942 date=1318695493]
Just curious, with the "projected" playoff teams in 19-4A, which would be D1 & which would be D1?
[/quote]
correction, D1 & D2
[/quote]Crosby and Goose Creek would be D1 and B-Hill and Dayton would be D2.  I think this is how it would stand if these teams make the playoffs.  Someone correct me if this isn't right.

[quote name="mytwocents" post="1084785" timestamp="1318748964"]
[b]That's what the Bronco fan's say every week. Every week they say just wait till next week. We'll figure it out and get back to our winning ways. IMO i think Dayton just doesn't have it this year and everyone in Dayton's fan base just can't accept it [/b]lol. You need more than a winning tradition to win. Thats what really gets me going on this site. Most of the fans of the Big school aka central, ned, png, dayton, silsbee, and wos, think that they will win every game no matter how much talent the other team has or how good there record this year is or how good there stats are. They think that a winning tradition will automatically get them a win and sometimes that is true but most of the time it isn't. And if there team gets one win they are like we are back and we won't lose any more this year. And if they lose to a team who is not a "big team" then they are saying just wait till next week or if we did this or did that. Excuses excuses excuses. And in order for a "non big team" to get respect they basically have to go through the entire season and lose like one or two in order for everyone to give them the respect they deserved at the beginning of the season. Now i'm not saying every fan of the "big schools" are like this. There are a few who are genuine and give respect where it is deserved. And i thank them for that.

[/quote] Not everyone in Dayton's fan base says that... They are playing bad this year... either they can't or won't get it together.. Like someone said on another thread.. seems to be issues from the top to the bottom.

[quote name="mytwocents" post="1084785" timestamp="1318748964"]
That's what the Bronco fan's say every week. Every week they say just wait till next week. We'll figure it out and get back to our winning ways. IMO i think Dayton just doesn't have it this year and everyone in Dayton's fan base just can't accept it lol. You need more than a winning tradition to win. Thats what really gets me going on this site. Most of the fans of the Big school aka central, ned, png, dayton, silsbee, and wos, think that they will win every game no matter how much talent the other team has or how good there record this year is or how good there stats are. They think that a winning tradition will automatically get them a win and sometimes that is true but most of the time it isn't. And if there team gets one win they are like we are back and we won't lose any more this year. And if they lose to a team who is not a "big team" then they are saying just wait till next week or if we did this or did that. Excuses excuses excuses. And in order for a "non big team" to get respect they basically have to go through the entire season and lose like one or two in order for everyone to give them the respect they deserved at the beginning of the season. Now i'm not saying every fan of the "big schools" are like this. [b]There are a few who are genuine and give respect where it is deserved. And i thank them for that.[/b]

[/quote]
I can tell your not used to lining up with teams and dominating EVERY YEAR. The expectation should be high EVERY game. RESPECT IS EARNED OVER TIME NOT OVER NIGHT  ;)

[quote name="bronco pride" post="1084849" timestamp="1318771538"]
Not everyone in dayton thinks its going to be alright. Our defense is horrible the team looks lost the best football player in 19 4a has never recovered from his injury our best receiver and linebacker are both hurt and we lost one of the best coaches around so no everything is not alright.
[/quote]

Thats part of football but regardless ANY TRUE BRONX FAN WILL  "support" the team / players / coaches / cheerleaders / band / steppers / mascot / trainers / water boy and any one else out there representing DA BRONX.  ;) ;D ;D ;D ;D

[quote name="bronco pride" post="1084898" timestamp="1318776551"]
I support the bronx win or lose I have been to probably 100 games the last 10 years but this team just isnt that good right now doesnt mean I wont be out there with my kids cheering for them.
[/quote]

Wasn't singling you bronco pride  ;D  We all see the issues right now and let em doubt DA BRONX but things will come full circle  8)

[quote name="bubbad" post="1084915" timestamp="1318777538"]
Wheres the fire at on the sidelines ?
In years past there was ALWAYS someone [b]ranting and raving on the Broncos sideline[/b]
Haven't seen that this year. Could that be part of the problem ?
[/quote]

mostly BIG STU  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D 

[quote name="BRONX ROX" post="1084922" timestamp="1318777859"]
[quote author=bubbad link=topic=89872.msg1084915#msg1084915 date=1318777538]
Wheres the fire at on the sidelines ?
In years past there was ALWAYS someone [b]ranting and raving on the Broncos sideline[/b]
Haven't seen that this year. Could that be part of the problem ?
[/quote]

mostly BIG STU  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
[/quote]Well at least he kept them motivated

[quote name="bronco pride" post="1084800" timestamp="1318760257"]
[quote author=jabu84 link=topic=89872.msg1084775#msg1084775 date=1318745552]
[quote author=bronco pride link=topic=89872.msg1083959#msg1083959 date=1318696450]
I dont know about the talent comment dayton has put more kids im college football the past 4 years than anybody  in our district
[/quote]

wrong
[/quote]bet im not
[/quote]
don't have to bet I know you are wrong

Nope im absolutey positive im right maybe you should check your numbers again heck we had 3 go d1 just last year who had more than that in our district last year. Anyway im not talking just d1 im including d2 and d3. So keep saying se win with inferior talent the only year we played for state we had a parade all american and a d1 qb with loads of other talent I can name at least 7 kids off that team that played or play college

[quote name="BRONX ROX" post="1084566" timestamp="1318728045"]
[quote author=Trocket link=topic=89872.msg1084240#msg1084240 date=1318709586]
[quote author=BRONX ROX link=topic=89872.msg1084118#msg1084118 date=1318705316]
[quote author=Trocket link=topic=89872.msg1083984#msg1083984 date=1318697578]
They'll make it in 4th place, and be out in the 1st round. :( :( :( :(
[/quote]

We all know LIV is the unbeatable monster of 20-4A  ::)
[/quote]Seems everyone is this year when it come to Dayton. ;D
[/quote]

When the sleeping giant awakes its not good for da little ones ;)
[/quote]All I can Say is the baby gaint had better wake up soon!! ;D ;D ;D ;D

[quote name="Trocket" post="1085848" timestamp="1318859801"]
[quote author=BRONX ROX link=topic=89872.msg1084566#msg1084566 date=1318728045]
[quote author=Trocket link=topic=89872.msg1084240#msg1084240 date=1318709586]
[quote author=BRONX ROX link=topic=89872.msg1084118#msg1084118 date=1318705316]
[quote author=Trocket link=topic=89872.msg1083984#msg1083984 date=1318697578]
They'll make it in 4th place, and be out in the 1st round. :( :( :( :(
[/quote]

We all know LIV is the unbeatable monster of 20-4A  ::)
[/quote]Seems everyone is this year when it come to Dayton. ;D
[/quote]

When the sleeping giant awakes its not good for da little ones ;)
[/quote]All I can Say is the baby gaint had better wake up soon!! ;D ;D ;D ;D
[/quote]

Aint that the truth!  :)

Maybe the coaches and players could get a few pointers from "Facing the giants" movie.  Come on team!  Start BELIEVING AGAIN!!!!!  The fans can believe all we want to for you, but YOU as a TEAM must BELIEVE AGAIN!!!  There's still hope! 

[move][b][i][color=purple][size=18pt]LET'S GO BRONCOS!!!![/size][/color][/i][/b][/move]

Guest Pirate_pride_07
You know Dayton could rebound and win out and make the playoffs but from what it looks like they will be in the D2 bracket and they will be facing a tough team in Nederland or Livingston. The road looks long and hard for the Bronx

[quote name="mytwocents" post="1086533" timestamp="1318903150"]
You know Dayton could rebound and win out and make the playoffs but from what it looks like they will be in the D2 bracket and they will be facing a tough team in Nederland or Livingston. The road looks long and hard for the Bronx
[/quote]Big Ned will go D-1 so if we win out we will more than likely face Livingston  and I promise you Dayton wil be a formiable opponent and might surprize some people !

[quote name="mytwocents" post="1086533" timestamp="1318903150"]
[/quote]

The Broncos  know from experience the playoff road is always hard and but not always long.

[quote name="bronco pride" post="1086738" timestamp="1318938782"]
Can any dayton fan tell me what these years were. 1998 2004 2005 its a question and if you know the answer it will show just how dominant the bronx have been the last 15 years.
[/quote]

98 was the dome year
04 ?
05 ozen beat us in rd 1

[quote name="bronco pride" post="1086738" timestamp="1318938782"]
Can any dayton fan tell me what these years were. 1998 2004 2005 its a question and if you know the answer it will show just how dominant the bronx have been the last 15 years.
[/quote]

1998 -Is when Tyrone hired on at McDonalds
2004 - He was promoted to the fry machine
2005-He was demoted back to taking out the trash

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder