#3 Brenham @ Spring Woods: Updates... Cubs Win!

[quote name="robanadana" post="1077919" timestamp="1318142329"]
We want Brenham in the playoffs...GO PIRATES!!!
[/quote]

Careful what you wish for....  You just might get it! ;)

Q. What needs to happen in order for Vidor to get Brenham in the playoffs?

A. Only if Nederland and Central both make the playoffs, (they would go D1) will it be possible for Vidor & Brenham to play.  If that happens, and Vidor is the D2 #2 seed from 20-4A, they will get Barbers Hill in the 1st round.  Win that game, and you get your wish! (Barring Brenham getting upset in the 1st round again....)

That would be a clinic on how to shut the wing-t down!  ;)

I have to wish for that, you keep picking against my team. Tell your coach to call Jeff Mathews and lets get a home and away. I'm sure Jeff would do it. Heck, we play Texarkana. Brenham is a lot closer. Nederland beat us on a fourth and 18 play; BH and Ned went to O/T. It could happen....by the way, my wife is from College Station and I know your vaunted program well. Actually seen a Cubs game in Brenham vs Waller. You won...

[quote name="robanadana" post="1077937" timestamp="1318158382"]
I have to wish for that, you keep picking against my team. Tell your coach to call Jeff Mathews and lets get a home and away. I'm sure Jeff would do it. Heck, we play Texarkana. Brenham is a lot closer. Nederland beat us on a fourth and 18 play; BH and Ned went to O/T. It could happen....by the way, my wife is from College Station and I know your vaunted program well. Actually seen a Cubs game in Brenham vs Waller. You won...
[/quote]

Well thank you and congrats on your big win.  Keep it up, and I will have to start picking your Pirates!  They are one of the few games I miss on pick em'.  I picked Ozen, cuz I picked them as my dark horse.  BTW, thanks for the kind words.  I guess it's up to Central, weather or not y'all go D2.  One day I hope to catch a Vidor homecoming game...  They sound line they are alot of fun!

If BH wins 19-4a (probable), wouldn't Vidor have to be in 4th to face Brenham?  If Vidor is 3rd in district they would be on the other side of the bracket.  ( FYI , i would take it one game at a time, nothing is settled in this district yet, with the exception of possibly Lumberton missing the playoffs.)

Guest Pirate_pride_07
[quote name="BrenhamFan" post="1078136" timestamp="1318179188"]
[quote author=robanadana link=topic=89507.msg1077937#msg1077937 date=1318158382]
[/quote]

Well thank you and congrats on your big win.  Keep it up, and I will have to start picking your Pirates!  They are one of the few games I miss on pick em'.  I picked Ozen, cuz I picked them as my dark horse.  BTW, thanks for the kind words.  I guess it's up to Central, weather or not y'all go D2.  One day I hope to catch a Vidor homecoming game...  They sound line they are alot of fun!
[/quote]
You got no idea  8) I know i might get a lot of feed back for this but IMO its the closest thing to Mid County Madness in this area. I'm talking Tuesday Bonfire where literally the whole town shows up and Friday Parade at 2 o clock and if you wanna get a good seat at the game then you better show up at the stadium around 5 or 5:30. No joke. And the game of course and a lights out halftime show where our band is wearing glow sticks on there hats and ankles and fireworks and 2 fireboards and of course crowning the homecoming queen.  ;D

[quote name="bigdog" post="1078325" timestamp="1318195371"]
If BH wins 19-4a (probable), wouldn't Vidor have to be in 4th to face Brenham?  If Vidor is 3rd in district they would be on the other side of the bracket.  ( FYI , i would take it one game at a time, nothing is settled in this district yet, with the exception of possibly Lumberton missing the playoffs.)
[/quote]
Sorry bigdog, I don't cater to the belief system of its and buts. You want to make the playoffs you have to BELIEVE it or stay at home. I learned winning from some very good athletes post-high school. Never heard them talk about not winning....

[quote name="bigdog" post="1078325" timestamp="1318195371"]
[/quote]

That would be the case if it were baseball, but in football teams go D1 & D2.
It doesn't matter if Vidor finishes 2nd, 3rd or 4th.  All that matters, is....

A.) Central and Nederland must make the playoffs.
B.) Whoever else goes D2, has to finish higher than Vidor.  (wheather it's Livingston, PNG or somebody else)

If that happens, it's BH vs Vidor in the 1st round.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder