Newton vs Woodville

Newton vs Woodville  

45 members have voted

1. 1. Newton vs Woodville

• Newton
    • Woodville

Woodville(2-3) coming off a convincing win over the Warren Warriors, 54-0. Newton(3-2) coming off a loss to the Winnie East Chambers Buccaneers, 39-34. Newton has alot of fire power this year and a pretty stout defense. Woodvilles offense is starting to come around and with a defense that allowed only 14 true offensive points to a stout EC team. The difference in this game will be whether Newton comes to play or not.

If they do:
Woodville 21
Newton 31

If they dont:
Woodville 35
Newton 28

[quote name="WOSgrad" post="1072839" timestamp="1317676991"]
I wouldn't pencil in Newton so fast if they can't handle ellusive backs because Woodville also has on in the form of Trent Daniels, he went for 283 yards and 3 TD's last week.
[/quote]

Your right. Newton tackled like little girls against EC. But I think a week of WT's ire will change that. ;D

I wouldn't pencil in Newton so fast if they can't handle ellusive backs because Woodville also has on in the form of Trent Daniels, he went for 283 yards and 3 TD's last week.
[/quote] I think it's safe to say the Newton defense will be vastly more challenging to Woodville than my Warriors were last week...

[quote name="uknowit2" post="1073173" timestamp="1317737162"]
Or maybe the Newton players did the best they could but EC was just the better team for the 2nd year in a row...Naah...that couldn't be it...
[/quote]
Uh if you seen newton play early in the year then you would know that was the worst game Newton has played all year... EC played good and Newton Played terrible.  Hopefully if both these teams make it to playoffs they can meet again.

[quote name="Claude" post="1073576" timestamp="1317765526"]
[quote author=uknowit2 link=topic=89182.msg1073173#msg1073173 date=1317737162]
Or maybe the Newton players did the best they could but EC was just the better team for the 2nd year in a row...Naah...that couldn't be it...
[/quote]
Uh if you seen newton play early in the year then you would know that was the worst game Newton has played all year... EC played good and Newton Played terrible.  Hopefully if both these teams make it to playoffs they can meet again.
[/quote]I have thought the same thing the last two years in a row when E.C beat us.

[/quote]
Not to mention lockhart had 150+ and 2TD's in the first half along with Harrison's 100+ and 1 TD. Woodville ran 4 or 5 backs on a high level consistently all night. They showed people alot more than they expected.

Ok so for the second year in a row...Newton comes in, a highly ranked team that has high expectations, and loses to EC. Ok, not a big deal. But cut the excuses. I understand Newton had a terrible game. Every highschool football team does every now and then. East Chambers handed it to Newton last week. Whether Nwtn had a bad game or not. EC is a really good football team and its gonna take a really good football team that shows up to play to beat them. If Newton wouldve done that, they wouldve had a whole lot better chance of winning. But I think Newton is very well-coached and have some good athletes and if they decide to do it, they can get it together and still be a district contender. Theyre a very good football team.

[quote name="eagleswoodville#1" post="1073661" timestamp="1317773250"]
[quote author=WOSgrad link=topic=89182.msg1072839#msg1072839 date=1317676991]
[/quote]
Not to mention lockhart had 150+ and 2TD's in the first half along with Harrison's 100+ and 1 TD. Woodville ran 4 or 5 backs on a high level consistently all night. They showed people alot more than they expected.
[/quote]
Not to mention you played Warren!!! ;)

[quote name="Sportz-Fanatic" post="1073713" timestamp="1317778005"]
[quote author=eagleswoodville#1 link=topic=89182.msg1073661#msg1073661 date=1317773250]
[quote author=WOSgrad link=topic=89182.msg1072839#msg1072839 date=1317676991]
[/quote]
[/quote]
Not to mention you played Warren!!! ;)
[/quote]
OKay well when whoever you support plays Warren, get back to me and let me know how many 100+ yard performances yall have. We're at 2 possibly 3 100+ and 1 250+ and over 500 yds rushing as a team. If your team beats that, ill admit that it means absolutely nothing JUST because it was against Warren. Yes, Warren isnt very good at all. But 500 yards rushing, 54 points, and a shutout is great against anyone. No matter the talent level. But again, get back to me on that.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami