**Kirbyville VS Huntington (Poll)**

[quote name="txcan" post="1072957" timestamp="1317687320"]
33 didnt run through WOS. Kville scored on the first drive and 33 had nothing to do with it.  Also not sure that you can call last year a winning tradition...maybe im missing something.  This wont be as close as some of you think.
[/quote]

check the total yds for #33 against WO-S... ;)

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="txcan" post="1072977" timestamp="1317689551"]
If the stats are good he must be a mr. Butterfinger becauae u dont run all over someone and only score 7.
[/quote]

If you had seen the game you would know better. He earned the respect of his opponent, has heart and class and that is something that you obviously know nothing about so go back to your xbox. There are adults talking in here.

I like how earlier in the year all of you K-ville fans were talking about how you had all of this talent and you would be reloading for aother run. Now you guys are having a serious discussion about whether or not you can beat Huntington. Fortunately your district may be the weakest in all of 3A.

The district is unusually weak this year.

I never downed 33. I've been giving him tHe credit he deserves. The only thing I am pointing out is that you typically don't hear of a team or player "running all over" someone and only scoring 7.

I'm assuming that you told me to get back to my xbox because you think that I where my football knowledge comes from. I take personal offense to that. World of Warefare is my game, I don't play Madden.

My avitar can beat up your avitar.

[quote name="Kville_Kats" post="1073099" timestamp="1317727726"]
No prob...You can run up and down the football field all night,gaining yardage...But if you don't cross the goal line it don't matter..Stats don't win games,Points do... ;)
[/quote]
that's our problem....we move the ball good till the red zone, but can't punch it in :-[

[quote name="kcat-fan" post="1073147" timestamp="1317733634"]
[quote author=Kville_Kats link=topic=89151.msg1073099#msg1073099 date=1317727726]
No prob...You can run up and down the football field all night,gaining yardage...But if you don't cross the goal line it don't matter..Stats don't win games,Points do... ;)
[/quote]
that's our problem....we move the ball good till the red zone, but can't punch it in :-[
[/quote]

If #33 got the ball more the win/loss column would look different IMO...But I'm just a fan,not the Coach... :)

[quote name="Kville_Kats" post="1073206" timestamp="1317740952"]
[quote author=kcat-fan link=topic=89151.msg1073147#msg1073147 date=1317733634]
[quote author=Kville_Kats link=topic=89151.msg1073099#msg1073099 date=1317727726]
[/quote]
[/quote]

If #33 got the ball more the win/loss column would look different IMO...But I'm just a fan,not the Coach... :)
[/quote]

I don’t think you need to be a coach to observe the obvious. My question would be why don’t the people that get paid to notice things seem to be able to. For instance

Haywood and Smith are both good backs, but they both need a little room to run and with our line leaking like a sieve at this point its just not happening. After the game I spoke to one of them and he said as soon as he touches the ball he is getting killed. Almost every play last week WOS runners had their hand on the shoulder of a lead blocker from one end of the field to the other. If we can not get that kind of blocking then find a way to get them out in the open because either one of them is more than capable of moving the ball. Get them some wiggle room and see what happens.

Returning kicks is an art form as far as I am concerned and once a player gets the dropsys it becomes a mental issue some players just cant handle. Sexton has not muffed one yet. He picks one off the ground in full stride and runs with conviction. Why would you want anyone but him returning your kicks unless they re hiding someone we haven’t seen yet. If a player drops one pat him on the butt and tell him it's OK. If he drops 3 you have an issue.

#33 is almost always good for 5 yards even if its obvious its going to him. So why is it we end up running some off tackle junk or corner to corner, east to west even when a first down is close. Why is it when he gets it in the red zone they pull him and change things up????Up the middle with Lil Will aint fancy but like my Daddy told me eager beat pretty every time. Make them try to stop him and use the threat of him to open up the pass.

Can someone tell me if the UIL still allows you to throw the ball less than 30 yards. If there is a rule against it I would sure like to know about it and if there isn’t the coaches sure need to know about it. It makes for a great highlight clip hauling one in surrounded by coverage but the outcome more likely than not is a wasted down or an interception.

If you only do two things right you can win just about any game. BLOCKING AND TACKLING. Standing in someones way is not blocking and throwing your shoulder at someones feet is not tackling.

A few air raids will fix almost any penalty problem.

To me its as simple as do what works until they stop you. Don’t continue to do what does not work. That is going to change every game against every team.

No I am not a coach but I think this is reflective of what the majority of the fans are seeing. I support this team and I feel for the players who have it in them to be play makers and have not been able to. The Cats have the tools and if the right adjustments are made they will be fine in district. I know my opinion doesnt mean squat and the coach is going to do what he feels is best. I am just voicing what I see and the best part is I dont get fired if I am wrong just smited.

[quote name="kville68" post="1073421" timestamp="1317756923"]
[quote author=Kville_Kats link=topic=89151.msg1073206#msg1073206 date=1317740952]
[quote author=kcat-fan link=topic=89151.msg1073147#msg1073147 date=1317733634]
[/quote]
[/quote]

[/quote]

I don’t think you need to be a coach to observe the obvious. My question would be why don’t the people that get paid to notice things seem to be able to. For instance

Haywood and Smith are both good backs, but they both need a little room to run and with our line leaking like a sieve at this point its just not happening. After the game I spoke to one of them and he said as soon as he touches the ball he is getting killed. Almost every play last week WOS runners had their hand on the shoulder of a lead blocker from one end of the field to the other. If we can not get that kind of blocking then find a way to get them out in the open because either one of them is more than capable of moving the ball. Get them some wiggle room and see what happens.

Returning kicks is an art form as far as I am concerned and once a player gets the dropsys it becomes a mental issue some players just cant handle. Sexton has not muffed one yet. He picks one off the ground in full stride and runs with conviction. Why would you want anyone but him returning your kicks unless they re hiding someone we haven’t seen yet. If a player drops one pat him on the butt and tell him it's OK. If he drops 3 you have an issue.

#33 is almost always good for 5 yards even if its obvious its going to him. So why is it we end up running some off tackle junk or corner to corner, east to west even when a first down is close. Why is it when he gets it in the red zone they pull him and change things up????Up the middle with Lil Will aint fancy but like my Daddy told me eager beat pretty every time. Make them try to stop him and use the threat of him to open up the pass.

Can someone tell me if the UIL still allows you to throw the ball less than 30 yards. If there is a rule against it I would sure like to know about it and if there isn’t the coaches sure need to know about it. It makes for a great highlight clip hauling one in surrounded by coverage but the outcome more likely than not is a wasted down or an interception.

If you only do two things right you can win just about any game. BLOCKING AND TACKLING. Standing in someones way is not blocking and throwing your shoulder at someones feet is not tackling.

A few air raids will fix almost any penalty problem.

To me its as simple as do what works until they stop you. Don’t continue to do what does not work. That is going to change every game against every team.

No I am not a coach but I think this is reflective of what the majority of the fans are seeing. I support this team and I feel for the players who have it in them to be play makers and have not been able to. The Cats have the tools and if the right adjustments are made they will be fine in district. I know my opinion doesnt mean squat and the coach is going to do what he feels is best. I am just voicing what I see and the best part is I dont get fired if I am wrong just smited.
[/quote]

Now this is funny. All the answers to none of the right questions.

I don't think either of us is in a position to truly know the right question. We're not at every practice and in every huddle and what appears to us from the bleachers a lot of times is not even what the coach or players were trying to accomplish. Right now Kirbyville needs a good old dose of confidence IMO, which I think they are going to start getting this week. Then both of us will be happy and glad we suggested all the right moves! ;) I'm pulling for them and their coach.

[quote name="kvillecats9876" post="1073580" timestamp="1317765708"]
its only gonna take wins over diboll and huntington for a playoff berth correct?
[/quote]

Right now Kirbyville needs to win a ball game to get the spirits up again...Why would you even think play-offs when your'e 0/6..Coach Neece is a good man & Coach,I have a lot of confidence in the man's ability to Coach the team..I would just like to see Will get the ball more since it's His Senior Year..No one plays every down like #33...JMO... ;)

[quote name="WOSgrad" post="1072178" timestamp="1317591796"]
What happened to Kirbyville last week will be what Kirbyville does to Huntington this week.  I didn't even put this game on the pick'em, I think it will be that bad.
[/quote]We may not have any size but we are slow!

Last week was a butt kickin no doubt... However Athens left their starting O in until half way through the 4th. Huntington pulled their starters early (what's the point of leaving them in). I may be a homer but no point in beating someone like they did...

Back to the Kville Huntington game...there are a lot of "ifs" on both sides (as there are when any two teams who can't get it rolling).  33 has talent no doubt and hard to bring down.  He only ran the ball 5 or 6 times against WOS before the game was out of hand (yes I saw the game contrary to popular beleife).  From the stands it does seem he should carry the ball more but I agree with champion in that we see the kids play a couple hours a week, coaches see the kids more than that before 5o clock Monday afternoon when we are all still at work. 

I'm still thinking that it will be a good game, Kvilles homecoming I think so they will have a big crowd to get them going.  Huntington wil be ready and I can't wait for Friday.

[quote name="Kville_Kats" post="1073596" timestamp="1317766374"]
[quote author=kvillecats9876 link=topic=89151.msg1073580#msg1073580 date=1317765708]
its only gonna take wins over diboll and huntington for a playoff berth correct?
[/quote]

Right now Kirbyville needs to win a ball game to get the spirits up again...Why would you even think play-offs when your'e 0/6..Coach Neece is a good man & Coach,I have a lot of confidence in the man's ability to Coach the team..I would just like to see Will get the ball more since it's His Senior Year..No one plays every down like #33...JMO... ;)
[/quote]

if i were still a student, I'd prolly consider what I had to do to get to the post season. take a realistic look at what I had to accomplish.. but were all in fact just fans. even more justification to get a conceptual understanding of what it will take, in this district, to make it to the post-season. I believe thats the goal, especially of the seniors, to feel that atmosphere no matter the outcome in the playoffs.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    jacobmartin
    Newest Member
    jacobmartin