East Chambers vs. Woodville Game Thread/East Chambers wins!

WOSgrad

Congrats EC. On a bright note for Woodville, they played much better tonight. EC caught a break when the lineman picked up the offensive fumble and ran it in. This game was alot closer than the scoreboard displayed and alot closer than alot of people thought it would be. I think Woodville's headed in the right direction.

EC did catch a break on that fumble but Woodville certainly benefited from the terrible officiating.  The safety call was a joke.  The EC players forward progress stopped on the 6 or 7 yardline and they allowed the play to continue into the endzone where there was a fumble recovered by EC.  Safety for Woodville..
Overall, i was a bit surprised Woodville played as well as they did after losing to some other teams.

Guest ECBucFan
I didn't want to bring up the refs, but since you did... that alleged safety was a joke. Our RB plowed into the line at about the 5, and came to a full "forward progress" stop. Then, the WV defense drove him back into the endzone where someone pulled the ball loose for a "safety".  ::)  That was just an unbelievable call.

[quote name="ECBucFan" post="1065127" timestamp="1316887235"]
I didn't want to bring up the refs, but since you did... that alleged safety was a joke. Our RB plowed into the line at about the 5, and came to a full "forward progress" stop. Then, the WV defense drove him back into the endzone where someone pulled the ball loose for a "safety".  ::)  That was just an unbelievable call.
[/quote]

We have noticed the bad calls and especially the late whistles too. It is getting kids injured.

[quote name="Backwoods" post="1065269" timestamp="1316899347"]
[quote author=ECBucFan link=topic=88741.msg1065127#msg1065127 date=1316887235]
[/quote]

We have noticed the bad calls and especially the late whistles too. It is getting kids injured.
[/quote]
Exactly. The refs blew late whistles all night which benefitted each team at some point. The refs called a good game other than that. I think Woodville surprised alot of people with the way they played in this game. Minus the break on the fumble, its a 14-9 game. This was a closer game than the scoreboard indicated.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SVD Beaumont
    Newest Member
    SVD Beaumont