Barbers Hill vs. Santa Fe Game Thread/Barbers Hill wins!

Ok, honest assessment here.  First let me say this, holy freaking COW are our linebackers good and Denny, well don't tell him he is a Sophmore.  Kid just does not make mistakes.  A 40+ field goal, well enough said!  Keep that up lefty!

For the honest assessment.  I think we are pretty darn small on our O-Line and we will have trouble moving the ball up the middle.  Maybe the coaches will get the right mix before Nederland.  One of our running backs getting hurt early didn't help.  Denny is a good enough passer we are going to have to use that to help keep the defense guessing.  Any team that stacks the line and rushes the corners are going to have a field day with our inability to run the ball up the middle.  Short passes could help that problem. It's early and that's the time to work out mistakes and all those penalties, especially personal fouls, has got to be cut down. Last and certainly NOT least, Denny has to stay healthy! 

Looking forward to a better team, these last two were not any better than us playing our freshman team. We have to play mistake free quality football if we are to beat Nederland.  They are WELL coached and got size.

[quote name="bh89-2" post="1042769" timestamp="1314482312"]
Ok, honest assessment here.  First let me say this, holy freaking COW are our linebackers good and Denny, well don't tell him he is a Sophmore.  Kid just does not make mistakes.  A 40+ field goal, well enough said!  Keep that up lefty!

For the honest assessment.  I think we are pretty darn small on our O-Line and we will have trouble moving the ball up the middle.  Maybe the coaches will get the right mix before Nederland.  One of our running backs getting hurt early didn't help.  Denny is a good enough passer we are going to have to use that to help keep the defense guessing.  Any team that stacks the line and rushes the corners are going to have a field day with our inability to run the ball up the middle.  Short passes could help that problem. It's early and that's the time to work out mistakes and all those penalties, especially personal fouls, has got to be cut down. Last and certainly NOT least, Denny has to stay healthy! 

Looking forward to a better team, these last two were not any better than us playing our freshman team. We have to play mistake free quality football if we are to beat Nederland.  They are WELL coached and got size.

[/quote]

I don't know if I'd quite call the last two teams "not any better than us playing our freshmen team"  :D but I am looking forward to some stiffer competition to get a real gauge of this year's team. 

I think the Eagles might have just started the Payback Tour...

Finally after two days I get to sit down and log into SETX ;D Eagles looked good! We had a couple of sputters in the red zone, but when you’re up 34-0 who cares ;D 1 TD was called back in the game as well. The thing that kind of stood out for me in the game is that we never broke a long run, which has me a little worried about speed or lack of :( The BH D was nothing but awesome especially our LB's Good God they swarmed the ball all night and laid the wood on whoever tried to come across the line of scrimmage. Anyway all in all the Eagles look to be in mid-season shape! Can't wait to see them play again ;D

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Ryzxed
    Newest Member
    Ryzxed