Huntsville @ #6 Brenham: Updates... Brenham Wins!

[quote name="Monkeynuts" post="1043139" timestamp="1314507351"]
Here's a good article on Malcolm Brown Brenhamfan enjoy-http://www.maxpreps.com/news/KsS0tMtZEeC-rAAmVebEWg/malcom-brown-of-brenham--top-50-football-recruits-in-50-days.htm
[/quote]

Thanks...  Ya, everything in that article is legit.  The one knock on him, (if you can even call it that) is his size.  They say he's small for a DT, but makes up for it in how explosive and aggressive he is.  He may not lead the team in tackles, because of all of the attention and double teams draws, but when you have so many other playmakers and D1 recruits around him, it makes him a huge asset to the defense.  One thing is for sure, you will know when he's on the field.  Lol.

MaxPreps has him at #43 in the nation.
Scout.com has him at #29 in the nation.
ESPNU 150 has him at #13 in the nation.

[quote name="BrenhamFan" post="1043154" timestamp="1314509262"]
[quote author=Monkeynuts link=topic=87190.msg1043139#msg1043139 date=1314507351]
Here's a good article on Malcolm Brown Brenhamfan enjoy-http://www.maxpreps.com/news/KsS0tMtZEeC-rAAmVebEWg/malcom-brown-of-brenham--top-50-football-recruits-in-50-days.htm
[/quote]

Thanks...  Ya, everything in that article is legit.  The one knock on him, (if you can even call it that) is his size.  They say he's small for a DT, but makes up for it in how explosive and aggressive he is.  He may not lead the team in tackles, because of all of the attention and double teams draws, but when you have so many other playmakers and D1 recruits around him, it makes him a huge asset to the defense.  One thing is for sure, you will know when he's on the field.  Lol.

[/quote]

Small for a DT?  are you kidding?  He's what 6'2 280?  He is a pretty physically imposing figure.  I look forward to seeing him and Boyette (Humble) playing on the same line at the next level.    Brown explosiveness, combined with the strength and demanding respect of Boyette....  You can't double team both of them.

[quote name="HUM398" post="1043858" timestamp="1314628016"]
[quote author=BrenhamFan link=topic=87190.msg1043154#msg1043154 date=1314509262]
[quote author=Monkeynuts link=topic=87190.msg1043139#msg1043139 date=1314507351]
[/quote]

[/quote]

Small for a DT?  are you kidding?  He's what 6'2 280?  He is a pretty physically imposing figure.  I look forward to seeing him and Boyette (Humble) playing on the same line at the next level.    Brown explosiveness, combined with the strength and demanding respect of Boyette....  You can't double team both of them.
[/quote]

HUM398 how is humble looking this year?

Coach West said, "if my team lined up to run the 40, Malcom would finish the in the top 10"

It was a recruiting show on ESPNU that made the size comment.

Heads up on Huntsville & Stratford-
Huntsville runs what they call NASCAR. (No huddle offense) they went down the field on us and scored in 3 plays.  It wasn't till their 3rd possession that we caught on and adapted for it.  After that, we shut them down.  They had 262 yards on us but we played our 2nd team defense in the 2nd half.  All together, our defense created 5 turnovers.  We had caused 3 more on special teams.  They seem to snowball once we figured their offense out. 

Stratford struggled on stopping the run against Memorial.  Everybody in the stadium knew what Memorial was gonna do, but every run, they about 5 yards.  A.J. Justice looked impressive at safety, but their other D1 player (Rainey) on defense, Got hurt in the 1st quarter.  Their QB is overhyped IMO.  He would stare at the receiver the whole time. (very predictable)  I also heard that their best WR & best HB were injured that game too.  They passed the whole 1st quarter, but it wasn't very successful.  They also wouldn't wrap up while tackling.

[quote name="Daytonfan" post="1043902" timestamp="1314631300"]

HUM398 how is humble looking this year?
[/quote]

Defensively, they are loaded. Fast, aggressive, and mean (the only word i can think to accurately define their identity).  Should be improved on their performance last year defensively.    Offensively, they return some guys but i think it will be a work in progress as the season progresses.  The offensive line is a little undersized for my liking, but they have some solid options at WR and RB.    They have the weapons to score from anywhere on the field at any given time, and the ability to take what the defense gives them.  QB is a threat to take it to the house on any give play, as is the RB.  WR's for Humble are more possession guys, but Returning Start CJ Elkins does have the tools to take a hook route and turn it into 6pts.

Biggest weakness defensively, the deep ball.  But this was an observation at the second scrimmage against Ike (The only scrimmage i attended). 

Offensively the weakness is the Offensive lines overall "green-ness"....which will improve with time.

Im anxious to see how they start off out of the gate, Channelview should of beaten Kingwood Park....Who is suppose to be a Playoff team this year in 18-4a.  Humble has traditionally been slow out of the gate of the last couple of years....so if they come out and decimate Channelview, then id say they are probably well ahead of where they started last year.    If not, then it will take a while to see how good this Humble team actually is.

[quote name="BrenhamFan" post="1043981" timestamp="1314637861"]
Coach West said, "if my team lined up to run the 40, Malcom would finish the in the top 10"

It was a recruiting show on ESPNU that made the size comment.

Heads up on Huntsville & Stratford-
Huntsville runs what they call NASCAR. (No huddle offense) they went down the field on us and scored in 3 plays.  It wasn't till their 3rd possession that we caught on and adapted for it.  After that, we shut them down.  They had 262 yards on us but we played our 2nd team defense in the 2nd half.  All together, our defense created 5 turnovers.  We had caused 3 more on special teams.  They seem to snowball once we figured their offense out. 

Stratford struggled on stopping the run against Memorial.  Everybody in the stadium knew what Memorial was gonna do, but every run, they about 5 yards.  A.J. Justice looked impressive at safety, but their other D1 player (Rainey) on defense, Got hurt in the 1st quarter.  Their QB is overhyped IMO.  He would stare at the receiver the whole time. (very predictable)  I also heard that their best WR & best HB were injured that game too.  They passed the whole 1st quarter, but it wasn't very successful.  They also wouldn't wrap up while tackling.
[/quote]

Yeah i had read that they were a no-huddle now (huntsville).  how did they handle Brown?  I know the Humble and Brenham defenses are different in terms of schematic attack....We run a 4-2-5, while yall run that 3-4.  Id think they'd struggle at least to the same degree with DT Ezell and DT Boyette coming at them later on in the season.    Huntsville generally a tough little team, so i look forward to seeing how they progress.

Yeah i heard Stratford's QB is all hype, and thats about it.  I didn't think he would transition well to the UIL, so i guess we will have to keep an eye out for that.  Stratford appears to have regressed offensively.

They double-teamed him from the start, and were still unsuccessful.  They scored early cuz the no huddle offense caught us offguard.  Then we figured it out, and Brown was drawing so much attention that our LB's were having a hayday blitzing.  Brown still picked up a couple sacks and forced a fumble.  He also almost came up with an interception.  Like I said, our starters on offense and defense were pulled at halftime, so all this took place in the first half. 

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    nexax
    Newest Member
    nexax