Anthony Oden talks to reporters for 1st time since being at Lamar

[quote name="58SHW" post="1040599" timestamp="1314292367"]
[quote author=coachacola link=topic=87085.msg1040568#msg1040568 date=1314288574]
[quote author=58SHW link=topic=87085.msg1040537#msg1040537 date=1314285474]
[quote author=coachacola link=topic=87085.msg1040525#msg1040525 date=1314284226]
[quote author=58SHW link=topic=87085.msg1040514#msg1040514 date=1314281828]
[quote author=EagleFan01 link=topic=87085.msg1040485#msg1040485 date=1314275401]
Im sure he does but I bet he want admit to it because he is perfect.....
[/quote]

I am with you on this.  There are many more deservin young men that we should give this scholarship to.  Keep recruiting trash like this and the stands will be empty.  I wouldHey I rented Steel Magnolias and Beaches for us to watch. Thought we could use  some good comedy movies rather us go 0-11 with quality student athletes than go not this 'sign anyone with division 1 talent' binge that we have been on.  These types of kids will become a cancer to our program.

Must a liberal Democrat! ;) Everyone does things that may be a bit dangerous when driving, changing radio stations, texting, talks to someone in back seat, sight seeing, drops something and picks it up.....none of which is against the law. See the difference. (t y p e d  v e r y  s l o w  s o  y o u  c a n  u n d e r s t a n d )

Most that are defending this MAN, are concerned with his chances of playing football, he has had chances. What about the last kid to get cut from LU, what about HIS chances? What if he, goes out and becomes a drug addict, or a drunk.....I guess he will be a THUG, cause he wasnt good enough to help LU win a SLC championship.

Like I've said, if/when a family members of yours (any of you supporting this THUG) dies due to someone (Oden or otherwise) driving drunk or drugged, I'm 100% sure your opinion about athorities giving these people multiple chances will change.
[/quote]

You get off your high horse.  So I assume any that's accused of breaking the law shouldn't be given anymore chances at anything?  Has Oden been convicted yet?  No, but you believe Lamar and all other colleges should ban him from playing football.  Do you also believe anyone that has a DUI be banned from having a job too?

And so are only you and puddin tane have been calling this guy a thug.  He hasn't robbed and beaten anyone.  Who exactly has he hurt?  I've yet to hear an answer to that question.  Dr. Simmons has done wonders for Lamar so I'll trust him and his judgement on this.  If he feels that the coaching staff shouldn't sign these guys then he'll let the Woodard know, but until that happens I'll support Lamar, Woodard, and the way they are running the program.
[/quote]

You get off your high horse.  [color=red]Ah, you mean, lower my standards, nah, I think I'll stick with holding people accountable, and lean more toward giving kids a chance who haven't made CHOICES (it wasn't a mistake, he knowingly CHOSE to get drunk and drive...TWICE)[/color]

So I assume any that's accused of breaking the law shouldn't be given anymore chances at anything?  Has Oden been convicted yet?  No, but you believe Lamar and all other colleges should ban him from playing football.[color=red]Until he proves he didn't do it, yes. If he did (especially TWICE)...it should be over, no doubt.[/color] 

Do you also believe anyone that has a DUI be banned from having a job too?[color=red]A job is not an AMATURE sport, you are not entitled to a job either, but playing sports in HS, and college is definately a privaledge, if you make CHOICES (cause a mistake is in good faith, when a choice goes badly)[/color]

And so are only you and puddin tane have been calling this guy a thug.  He hasn't robbed and beaten anyone.  Who exactly has he hurt?  I've yet to hear an answer to that question. [color=red]So, it takes for him to ACTUALLY hurt or kill someone, ah, so as long as he gets drunck and drives, does drugs, or anyother law breaking event he chooses, but doesn't hurt anyone, its ok[/color]

Dr. Simmons has done wonders for Lamar so I'll trust him and his judgement on this.  If he feels that the coaching staff shouldn't sign these guys then he'll let the Woodard know, but until that happens I'll support Lamar, Woodard, and the way they are running the program.
[color=red]People, Lots and lots and lots of people trusted in "Change we can believe in" also, look where THAT has taken us. For that matter Hitler had lots of believers in what he was doing was the RIGHT thing. Let's just say, I believe in ME, my morals, my judgement, my opinion as to what is right....I don't need you, or Dr. Simmons or Coach Woodard to tell or show me, whats right or wrong[/color]

So now that I've answered your question (perhaps not how you wanted it answered) answer mine...If he gets drunk and drives, and kills one of your family members, will you still defend HIM, LU, DR. SIMMONS, COACH WOODARD?
[/quote]

If he drives drunk and kills someone I won't defend him and would hope he gets put away, but I won't blame Lamar, Dr. Simmons or Coach Woodard if he does.  They are giving him another chance to get an education and possibly a career in the NFL, I don't see how that is contributing to him driving drunk, which is what you are implying.  He hasn't killed or hurt anyone yet, but for you that's a forgone conclusion, and probably why you keep calling him a thug.

He's going to get his day in court, and he'll be punished by the legal system.  You obviously don't think that's enough and believe that no school should give him he chance to play football.  I'm not sure how that will improve his life and make him a better person but you do have "higher standards" than the rest of us.

Playing college football is a privilege, and Lamar gave that privilege to Oden.  I understand you not agreeing with it, but that's their call, and I support them on this.  [u][b]My support would end if they were taking robbers, muggers, etc., otherwise I have nothing against guys like Oden on the team.[/b][/u][/quote]

What about those who beat up on women? Is that ok, I didnt see that on your list, they've pick up 2 of those, that we know of.

No where did I say my "standards" are higher than ANYONE elses, just high enough to let kids who make [u]good[/u] CHOICES get the chance BEFORE someone who makes [u]bad[/u] CHOICES.
[/quote]

I believe the topic was about getting a second chance....what country are we in?....we have built this country this way....what other country in the world gives a 10th place ribbon....a participation award....Most Valuable water boy...etc...it will take a hard ass to get back in office to unscrew this country and take it back....

I know AAW has a few of those 10th and 12th place ribbons... ;D

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SVD Beaumont
    Newest Member
    SVD Beaumont