Little League World Series Mexico-Japan...Mexico wins, 3-2!

I can't stand Little League, they are RULING thierself to death, BUT, the only sporting event all year long that i cant wait to watch is the L.L. World Series.  There is pure joy and excitement in those kids faces that you dont see at ANY other level.  These kids,  from all over the world, even if they are losing are still having fun.  They won't realize for a few years exactly what they have accomplished. 

[quote name="Sammy" post="1039635" timestamp="1314099922"]
I can't stand Little League, they are RULING thierself to death, BUT, the only sporting event all year long that i cant wait to watch is the L.L. World Series.  There is pure joy and excitement in those kids faces that you dont see at ANY other level.  These kids,  from all over the world, even if they are losing are still having fun.  They won't realize for a few years exactly what they have accomplished.
[/quote]

I agree that you can overdo the rules, but I have seen the other side of letting adults ride kids to glory.  Tommy Johns surgery at 12, 13, or 14, kids with noodle arms at the same age because they were pitching "hosses" at a young age, and coaches were too lazy to develop more than 2 kids as pitchers.  I notice that successful teams have a lot of good arms, and part of that is enforced pitch count rules.  The no lead up to age 12 makes stealing more challenging, but not impossible.

As to the joy on the faces Sammy...I agree!  I love watching the kids play, and some of the catches and plays are awesome!   

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami