Vidor vs TX High @ Lufkin

[quote name="TITAN POWER" post="1038795" timestamp="1313951055"]
[quote author=VPirate link=topic=86956.msg1038669#msg1038669 date=1313935771]
[quote author=TITAN POWER link=topic=86956.msg1038657#msg1038657 date=1313932278]
[quote author=mytwocents link=topic=86956.msg1038557#msg1038557 date=1313895721]
[quote author=TITAN POWER link=topic=86956.msg1038474#msg1038474 date=1313886996]
And how are the "coaches" going to take care of that?
[/quote]
My bad. Players take care of it  ::)

Anyways it looks like Texas high has got a defense that is returning with some speed but with our last scrimmage we faced a pretty good defense with some speed also, yet we had a running back, David Bolinger, who had 158 yards with 8 carries averaging 19.75 yards a carry and IMO those stats speak for itself. I think that will be the edge in the game. But we also have to work on holding on to the ball and working on our passing as well. But overall i think the Pirates will sail over the Tigers this year with flying colors  ;D
[/quote]

While we are working on that.  Something the coaches can fix is the stupid personnal foul penalties that keep happening.  Those are just dumb , undisipline football and drive killers.
[/quote]

Fortunately the 2 personal foul penalties didn't hurt the Pirates in the scrimmage since the Refs. weren't marking off the yardage, but yea those type of penalties are inexcusable. The individual that committed those fouls will not make that same mistake again believe me because I'm the official sanctioning agent over that young man!  ;)
[/quote]

Better watch out.  Some one on this thread might get upset with you. You might be getting their "2cents" on that one. :'( :'(
[/quote][quote author=TITAN POWER link=topic=86956.msg1038923#msg1038923 date=1313968285]
[quote author=mytwocents link=topic=86956.msg1038897#msg1038897 date=1313964564]
Everyone knows that its a team effort when the teams scores and wins but certain players have certain effects on the game. Many would argue that without Ford the Wildcats wouldn't have made it to state both years. I'm just simply saying he was a key player in that game as were many other players including Quirante who had a game changing play. Lets not make this personal.
[/quote]

Your the one that has the problem with dropping names.  Nothing "personnal",  but when you put it out there, dont take it personnally when people respond in a manner you dont like.  Its one thing when a fan from another team says wow that QB was something or that RB was great or their line was awsome,  but when its just self promotion from a family member it gets annoying.  Just like the way you are high jacking the Nedarland vs WOS thread with this same garbage.  When or lose the game against Texas High its going to be a team effort.  Especially with the Slot-T offense that needs everyone to do their job to get the plays off.  One Team, One Mission
[/quote]

First of all 2cents just loves his brother that's natural don't ya think, so if his post about his brother's accomplishments bothers you, then I would suggest that you ignore them.  You have a right to post anything on here that you want as long as it is within the rules of the forum, as does he.  As David's dad, I or any other member of his family have a right to support and/or promote him, as well as the entire Vidor team.  As a family, we are avid supporters of the Pirates, and obviously David in particular.  If you have a problem with us supporting David, then pm me or we can talk face to face.  Let's all be adults about this please.  Go Pirates!!!

[quote name="VPirate" post="1038939" timestamp="1313969815"]
[quote author=TITAN POWER link=topic=86956.msg1038795#msg1038795 date=1313951055]
[quote author=VPirate link=topic=86956.msg1038669#msg1038669 date=1313935771]
[quote author=TITAN POWER link=topic=86956.msg1038657#msg1038657 date=1313932278]
[quote author=mytwocents link=topic=86956.msg1038557#msg1038557 date=1313895721]
[quote author=TITAN POWER link=topic=86956.msg1038474#msg1038474 date=1313886996]
And how are the "coaches" going to take care of that?
[/quote]
My bad. Players take care of it  ::)

Anyways it looks like Texas high has got a defense that is returning with some speed but with our last scrimmage we faced a pretty good defense with some speed also, yet we had a running back, David Bolinger, who had 158 yards with 8 carries averaging 19.75 yards a carry and IMO those stats speak for itself. I think that will be the edge in the game. But we also have to work on holding on to the ball and working on our passing as well. But overall i think the Pirates will sail over the Tigers this year with flying colors  ;D
[/quote]

While we are working on that.  Something the coaches can fix is the stupid personnal foul penalties that keep happening.  Those are just dumb , undisipline football and drive killers.
[/quote]

Fortunately the 2 personal foul penalties didn't hurt the Pirates in the scrimmage since the Refs. weren't marking off the yardage, but yea those type of penalties are inexcusable. The individual that committed those fouls will not make that same mistake again believe me because I'm the official sanctioning agent over that young man!  ;)
[/quote]

Better watch out.  Some one on this thread might get upset with you. You might be getting their "2cents" on that one. :'( :'(
[/quote][quote author=TITAN POWER link=topic=86956.msg1038923#msg1038923 date=1313968285]
[quote author=mytwocents link=topic=86956.msg1038897#msg1038897 date=1313964564]
Everyone knows that its a team effort when the teams scores and wins but certain players have certain effects on the game. Many would argue that without Ford the Wildcats wouldn't have made it to state both years. I'm just simply saying he was a key player in that game as were many other players including Quirante who had a game changing play. Lets not make this personal.
[/quote]

Your the one that has the problem with dropping names.  Nothing "personnal",  but when you put it out there, dont take it personnally when people respond in a manner you dont like.  Its one thing when a fan from another team says wow that QB was something or that RB was great or their line was awsome,  but when its just self promotion from a family member it gets annoying.  Just like the way you are high jacking the Nedarland vs WOS thread with this same garbage.  When or lose the game against Texas High its going to be a team effort.  Especially with the Slot-T offense that needs everyone to do their job to get the plays off.  One Team, One Mission
[/quote]

First of all 2cents just loves his brother that's natural don't ya think, so if his post about his brother's accomplishments bothers you, then I would suggest that you ignore them.  You have a right to post anything on here that you want as long as it is within the rules of the forum, as does he.  As David's dad, I or any other member of his family have a right to support and/or promote him, as well as the entire Vidor team.  As a family, we are avid supporters of the Pirates, and obviously David in particular.  If you have a problem with us supporting David, then pm me or we can talk face to face.  Let's all be adults about this please.  Go Pirates!!!
[/quote]

I have no problem with the family support. I have always had a problem with putting self before team and you would know that better than most.  Nor a problem with the player.  Your right you have a right to post what you want as long as you are within the rules of the forum as do I.  I also have the right to agree or disagree with it.  Like I said,  its not personal, its an opinion.  But I will never stop responding to posts good or bad if I feel like responding.  Thats the point of this forum.  I will always be an avid supporter of the pirates and all the players on the team.  Go Pirates

I agree that you should not put self before team, and you should know that about me.  I have always taught David that everything is a team effort since he played at Vidor Flag & Tackle, and I appreciate you and the rest of his coaches helping me instill that attitude in him. As far as I know he has never posted on this forum, so there has been no putting self before team on this site or on the field.

[quote name="VHS95" post="1039720" timestamp="1314117951"]
If anyone could post the directions to the stadium it would be much appreciated, thanks.
[/quote]

Correct me if I am wrong, but I think we are playing at Lufkin High School...

If so, follow Hwy 69 all the way into Lufkin.  Once there you will take a slight right toward S Medford Dr. and then take the ramp onto S Medford Dr.  I have heard where Hwy 69 in Lufkin and S Medford Dr. meet up can be tricky. Lufkin has a lot of loops, so if you feel you are going in circles...you are!!!  The address of the stadium is 309 S Medford Drive.  It's about 116 miles to get there.  Hope this helps and anyone else have a better way to get there let us know. 

[quote name="Lady Pirate" post="1039827" timestamp="1314127483"]
[quote author=VHS95 link=topic=86956.msg1039720#msg1039720 date=1314117951]
If anyone could post the directions to the stadium it would be much appreciated, thanks.
[/quote]

If so, follow Hwy 69 all the way into Lufkin.  Once there you will take a slight right toward S Medford Dr. and then take the ramp onto S Medford Dr.  I have heard where Hwy 69 in Lufkin and S Medford Dr. meet up can be tricky. Lufkin has a lot of loops, so if you feel you are going in circles...you are!!!  The address of the stadium is 309 S Medford Drive.  It's about 116 miles to get there.  Hope this helps and anyone else have a better way to get there let us know. 
[/quote]

When you get to Lufkin on 69, S Medford Dr. is at the 59 loop, turn right which actually takes you onto the loop, take the first exit you come to, stay on the feeder rd. Abe Martin stadium will be on your right you can't miss it.

[quote name="VPirate" post="1039923" timestamp="1314146229"]
[quote author=Lady Pirate link=topic=86956.msg1039827#msg1039827 date=1314127483]
[quote author=VHS95 link=topic=86956.msg1039720#msg1039720 date=1314117951]
[/quote]

[/quote]

When you get to Lufkin on 69, S Medford Dr. is at the 59 loop, turn right which actually takes you onto the loop, take the first exit you come to, stay on the feeder rd. Abe Martin stadium will be on your right you can't miss it.
[/quote]

Thanks for the helpful information...Can't wait game day to arrive...hoping my nephew gets some playing time.  I am super excited and ready to watch all of them play ball!!!

Well dont know how this game is going to go even thought I love my tigers. Lost some key players on offense but looked pretty good in the scrimmage the other night. Did not see alot of running plays but the passing game looked ok Addison was 11 of 17 for 174 yards 2 touchdowns one nice one for 35 yards. Has good arm strength maybe too much some times but we are use to that we had Ryan Mallett for four years...lol. The best OL i have seen at Texas High in some time had plenty of time. Deffense looked really good. Just did not get to see much of our new running back want to see what he can do now he has been on varsity since a freshman so he should be ready. Just hope it is a good game like last year.

[quote name="TexasHS1997" post="1039962" timestamp="1314155084"]
Well dont know how this game is going to go even thought I love my tigers. Lost some key players on offense but looked pretty good in the scrimmage the other night. Did not see alot of running plays but the passing game looked ok Addison was 11 of 17 for 174 yards 2 touchdowns one nice one for 35 yards. Has good arm strength maybe too much some times but we are use to that we had Ryan Mallett for four years...lol. The best OL i have seen at Texas High in some time had plenty of time. Deffense looked really good. Just did not get to see much of our new running back want to see what he can do now he has been on varsity since a freshman so he should be ready. Just hope it is a good game like last year.
[/quote]

Good Luck to Texas High also.... nice post....

[quote name="VHS95" post="1039720" timestamp="1314117951"]
[/quote]

Here is the Texas Bob link for the Lufkin stadium you can get directions from it by clicking on the Map Link..... GOOD LUCK PIRATES!!!! WOOO HOOOOOO!!
[url=http://www.texasbob.com/stadium/stadium.php?id=417]http://www.texasbob.com/stadium/stadium.php?id=417[/url]

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83