Nederland vs Dayton Scrimmage Thread/Post comments here!

Andres looked pretty good. Made a real nice chunk of about 30-35 yds. for a TD to Fowler. Not real sure where the first team ended and the second team started. Looked like Dayton was running different players on every series. Prolly getting looks at everybody. Overall the offense looked pretty good.

Defense still needs some work though. I thought they were pretty scrappy early then they started playing alot of different kids. I thought the secondary was the weakest link though. As it is every year. No suprise there.

Nederlands got some big old boys!

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="jayhawk" post="1037352" timestamp="1313722810"]
#15 Mcbride RB for Dayton was injured and had to be carried off the field by a couple of spectators ( maybe one was his dad ) -
[/quote]

Yea, forgot to mention that. Hope the kid's okay. Looked like maybe an ankle. Not real sure.

[quote name="SetX6" post="1037347" timestamp="1313722224"]
How did Dayton's starting QB look?
[/quote]

Herrea looked good but the receivers had some drops tonight that are usually money in da bank. Tell u what Marcain has some wheels and adds a twist to the O and has some wondering. Not me though because Herrea does a great job managing the O and does not force the ball. If its not there he will tuck it and take 3 instead of throwing a INT. He did a good job but like I stated earlier the "intensity" was not there tonight.

[quote name="Hawkeye" post="1037355" timestamp="1313722937"]
[quote author=jayhawk link=topic=86839.msg1037352#msg1037352 date=1313722810]
#15 Mcbride RB for Dayton was injured and had to be carried off the field by a couple of spectators ( maybe one was his dad ) -
[/quote]

Yea, forgot to mention that. Hope the kid's okay. Looked like maybe an ankle. Not real sure.
[/quote]

Talked to Pappa McBride and DA PONY just rolled his ankle a bit. A little ice and a couple of days rest he will be fine ;)

[quote name="bigdog" post="1037356" timestamp="1313723010"]
That stinks.  I hope he is ok.
[/quote] Thanks ,also #52 for Ned went down and had to be carried off . ~ #1 RB for Ned is the real deal and also liked your QB - (good arm) looks like Ned is bound for the playoffs , good luck !

[quote name="Hawkeye" post="1037351" timestamp="1313722690"]
Andres looked pretty good. Made a real nice chunk of about 30-35 yds. for a TD to Fowler. Not real sure where the first team ended and the second team started. Looked like Dayton was running different players on every series. Prolly getting looks at everybody. Overall the offense looked pretty good.

Defense still needs some work though. I thought they were pretty scrappy early then they started playing alot of different kids.[b] I thought the secondary was the weakest link though[/b]. As it is every year. No suprise there.

Nederlands got some big old boys!
[/quote]

Fowler will be starting corner when they start to count. ;)

Bronco 9th/jv did well in their limited scrimmage.Varsity I saw some good things coming out of the match-up for both teams.For Nederland I thought they executed their game plan pretty well mixing the run/pass and good second effort to keep the chains moving while consuming alot of clock time.For Dayton the overall team speed was better than Ned's as Broncos capitalized on some long passes/runs and seemed complacent @ times dropping good passes while looking to run before catching.Positives/negatives senario;Dayton kicking+ Ned -and the game was closer than the outcome w/the inconsistent Bulldog kicking game.Mid 4th qtr.both teams looked tired and neither could keep a drive going trading punts 8)

Bronco defense was porous and looks to need some leadership. Maybe that will come as the season progresses. The offense looked pretty good and only ran a few basic plays. There were a few dropped passes that should have been caught and an obviously tired McBride was injured toward the end of the scrimmage. I hope he is ok! The Broncos are smaller than usual this year but should be ready to make another playoff run.   Nederland has good size and should have a good year.

Guest octfeb
[IMG]http://i152.photobucket.com/albums/s171/feboct/DaytonVNederland206-1.jpg[/img] 

Friday Night Lights coming soon, to a stadium near you..  ;)

[quote name="liltex" post="1037370" timestamp="1313724751"]
Bronco 9th/jv did well in their limited scrimmage.Varsity I saw some good things coming out of the match-up for both teams.For Nederland I thought they executed their game plan pretty well mixing the run/pass and good second effort to keep the chains moving while consuming alot of clock time.For Dayton the overall team speed was better than Ned's as Broncos capitalized on some long passes/runs and seemed complacent @ times dropping good passes while looking to run before catching.Positives/negatives senario;Dayton kicking+ Ned -and the game was closer than the outcome w/the [b]inconsistent Bulldog kicking game.[/b]Mid 4th qtr.both teams looked tired and neither could keep a drive going trading punts 8)
[/quote]

Your just spoiled liltex watchin the breed of Carrancos for the last 10 yrs ;D

Guest octfeb
Chambers.. IMO has the goods.. Thank goodness he is only a Jr this year. And IMO just cause you big don't mean you are good at defense.. I'm  just saying. But yes as we ALL know I don't know squat bout the game but I know what I see.... *climbs down off soap box*  :)

Oh and Thank's for liking the pic Bronx Rox

where are the fans, it was so quiet. I stomp my feet, it makes a lot of noise, All was so quite. next week we need to be loud,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,the players like it....................Fans are we ready..................................................................

[quote name="19bulldog88" post="1037433" timestamp="1313756228"]
Penny, Roughrider or phunter make it to the scrimmage?

I would like to hear your analysis.
[/quote]
I thought the Dogs did well on offense.They moved the ball well using multiple formations. The defense gave up 28 points but did make some good adjustments in the second half and came up with some big stops. Dayton's offense is pretty potent. Our kicking game hurt us as stated earlier. You just can't miss extra points. Missing Pryor made a difference in the middle. Hopefully he will be back next week against WOS. Overall it was a good test for the Dogs and should help the boys prepare for for Week 0 against the Stangs.

[quote name="Roughrider" post="1037441" timestamp="1313757923"]
[quote author=19bulldog88 link=topic=86839.msg1037433#msg1037433 date=1313756228]
Penny, Roughrider or phunter make it to the scrimmage?

I would like to hear your analysis.
[/quote]
I thought the Dogs did well on offense.They moved the ball well using multiple formations. The defense gave up 28 points but did make some good adjustments in the second half and came up with some big stops. Dayton's offense is pretty potent. Our kicking game hurt us as stated earlier. You just can't miss extra points. Missing Pryor made a difference in the middle. Hopefully he will be back next week against WOS. Overall it was a good test for the Dogs and should help the boys prepare for for Week 0 against the Stangs.
[/quote]

Thanks

[quote name="broncofan55" post="1037403" timestamp="1313729294"]
where are the fans, it was so quiet. I stomp my feet, it makes a lot of noise, All was so quite. next week we need to be loud,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,the players like it....................Fans are we ready..................................................................
[/quote]

YOU SURE RIGHT ;D  The lack of "intensity" was in da stands as well as the field. Come next Friday think there will be a little more feel in da air. ;D

[quote name="liltex" post="1037394" timestamp="1313726277"]
Hope I'm still around in 15 yrs to see the next Carranco(Isacc)1 of 2 twins born last yr.a boy ad a girl.Asked Jorge was Isacc going to be another great kicker?Heck yeah ask my wife how hard he kicked.Gotta love it ;) :D
[/quote]

A far better kicker than any of those Carrancos has one 9 years away ;)

[quote name="rollinac" post="1037485" timestamp="1313766553"]
[quote author=liltex link=topic=86839.msg1037394#msg1037394 date=1313726277]
Hope I'm still around in 15 yrs to see the next Carranco(Isacc)1 of 2 twins born last yr.a boy ad a girl.Asked Jorge was Isacc going to be another great kicker?Heck yeah ask my wife how hard he kicked.Gotta love it ;) :D
[/quote]

A far better kicker than any of those Carrancos has one 9 years away ;)
[/quote]

Now that is looking down the road.  Might have to get to work on a few little "dudes" to help fill out the roster.

[quote name="BRONX ROX" post="1037361" timestamp="1313723342"]
[quote author=Hawkeye link=topic=86839.msg1037355#msg1037355 date=1313722937]
[quote author=jayhawk link=topic=86839.msg1037352#msg1037352 date=1313722810]
[/quote]

[/quote]

Talked to Pappa McBride and DA PONY just rolled his ankle a bit. A little ice and a couple of days rest he will be fine ;)
[/quote]

Good to hear that it is not serious.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83

• Heโ€™s great, Iโ€™ve posted several articles on him in the past, straight shooter.
    • Tim Erickson from Orangefieldโ€ฆ.
    • Lucky for Orangefield thereโ€™s only 3 games max to play.ย  ย  Someone said they had a pitcher or 2 throw 90โ€™s but I donโ€™t know that for a fact. ย Rumors.ย ย  it appears that Orangefield will see some faster pitchers this round. Generally speaking I havenโ€™t been too impressed with Orangefield opponents pitching. Only pitcher so far that was fast (92 mph) was vs Woodville in first game & Orangefield got several runs off of him.ย  ย  Looking for a good series with no injuries for both teams.ย 
    • Apologies if this is a stupid question, but why would they just not renew his contract for the 24/25 school year if he had multiple write-ups? I know teachers and paraprofessionals don't get their contract renewed if their performance is bad enough - are coaches' contract situations different?
    • โ€œWe have incredible evidence that itโ€™s gain-of-function research again being done in US laboratories.โ€ โ€œ๐“๐ก๐ž ๐›๐ข๐ซ๐ ๐Ÿ๐ฅ๐ฎ ๐ฌ๐œ๐š๐ซ๐ž, ๐ฐ๐ก๐ข๐œ๐ก ๐ข๐ญ ๐ข๐ฌ ๐ƒ๐ข๐ฌ๐ž๐š๐ฌ๐ž ๐—, ๐ญ๐ก๐ž ๐†๐ฅ๐จ๐›๐š๐ฅ ๐•๐š๐œ๐œ๐ข๐ง๐ž ๐€๐ฅ๐ฅ๐ข๐š๐ง๐œ๐ž ๐ฌ๐š๐ฒ๐ฌ ๐ข๐ญ ๐ข๐ฌ ๐ƒ๐ข๐ฌ๐ž๐š๐ฌ๐ž ๐— โ€” ๐ญ๐ก๐š๐ญ ๐ญ๐ก๐ข๐ฌ ๐ข๐ฌ ๐ ๐จ๐ข๐ง๐  ๐ญ๐จ ๐œ๐ซ๐ž๐š๐ญ๐ž ๐Ÿ๐จ๐จ๐ ๐ข๐ง๐ฌ๐ž๐œ๐ฎ๐ซ๐ข๐ญ๐ฒ ๐š๐ฌ ๐ญ๐ก๐ž ๐๐ซ๐ข๐ฏ๐ž๐ซ ๐จ๐Ÿ ๐Ÿ๐ž๐š๐ซ ๐ ๐จ๐ข๐ง๐  ๐ข๐ง๐ญ๐จ ๐ญ๐ก๐ž ๐ž๐ฅ๐ž๐œ๐ญ๐ข๐จ๐ง ๐œ๐ฒ๐œ๐ฅ๐ž.โ€
  • Topics