David Anzaldua Tournment

KFDM COOP

David Anzaldua Tournament

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thursday, February 23

@ La Porte

Pasadena 6 - Alief Taylor 0

La Porte 10 - Alief Taylor 0

Clear Lake 6 - Fort Bend Bush 1

La Porte 2 - Fort Bend Bush 0

@ Baytown Sterling

Clear Brook 7 - Baytown Sterling 1

Texas City 5 - Clear Brook 2

Baytown Sterling 10 - Pasadena 2

Port Neches Groves 2 - Dickinson 1

Friday, February 24

@ La Porte

10:45 Dickinson vs Alief Taylor

1:15 La Porte vs Dickinson

3:45 Texas City vs Port Neches Groves

6:15 Clear Brook vs Port Neches Groves

@ Baytown Sterling

10:45 Clear Lake vs Texas City

1:15 Pasadena vs Fort Bend Bush

3:45 Baytown Sterling vs Clear Lake

PNG faced Texas City in their 1st game tonight, the score was Texas City 8 PNG 6, Pitching was great C Mire started and went 2 / J Dommingues went 2 / K Abboit 2 defence was the big issue tonight PNG gave up 5 unearned runs 3 in the 1st and 1 in the 2nd, 1 in the 5th. The hitting is getting beter but stil has a ways to go. C Hearn & E Harrington went 2/3

In the 2nd game PNG faced Clear Brook, the sore was Clear Brook 4 PNG 2, B Powell went 6 allowing I believe 3 hits with double didget Ks, S Flores throw the 7th. Defence was the big problem once again, giving up a couple unearned runs late in the game. Hitting was a little better this game T McInnis was 2/3, B Powell had a single, PNG was hitting the ball hard just right at people.

It didn't go very well today...Cody Mire pitched a good game today. Giving up 3 hits in 3 innings. Jeremy Dominge gave up a few hits in his Varsity debut and Kyle Abbout did a good job in his Varsity debute.

Chris Heare goes 2-3 and Eric Harrington had a hit, and PNG puts up a 1-0 lead in the top of the first. This was the bright spots for the game.

BUT......

Texas City scores 4 runs on 5 errors in the 1st inning. All together PNG commits 7 errors with 3 hits and looses 8-5 in the early game. PNG pitching also struck out 12 of their batters today in this game. :shock: :shock: :shock:

Game 2 against Clear Brook

Branden Powell goes 6 innings and gives up 6 hits and K's 12 and walks 1. Shawn Flores closes out the 7th inning with 1 k, 1 walk and 1 hit and they loose again 4-2. PNG commits 4 errors and has 6 hits in this game. Not a very good day for the Indians, BUT the pitching was good enough to win both games. The sticks have to come to life for PNG to survive. The defence will have to play better or it will be a short season for PNG. I know it's still early but today was a mixed up day for the NDN'S. PNG plays tomorrow at 1:30 at Baytown Sterling. Not sure who they play yet. :shock: :shock: :shock:

If I know coach Stone, I would not like to be at practice next week at the Reservation. :roll:

I guarantee practice won't be fun. Stone's 1st year at PN-G we were 10-run ruled by Elkins(Ranked No. 1 in the USA at the time), then by Deer Park in consecutive days at the Deer Park Tournament, we only managed two hits against the Deer, some guy I know got one of them :lol: Anyways we rained out on day three and missed our matchup with Conroe, needless to say none of us looked forward to the following Monday.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami