Lone Star

Wooo hoooo it is finally here....Football time, who cares if the NFL locks out (ok, ok I do but) time to put the hardware on. Good Season to all our fellow competitors in the Lone Star league, STJFL, and TIFI.

Hawks will be gunning for a repeat season, and I know there will be some teams out there saying "Nope, not gonna happen"....I feel sure Warren is going to be tough again this year, and Silsbee will definitly be a contender. How are those Long Horns looking this year?

Based on what we have returning the LongHorns will be down, not much size nor speed for the Horns. All of the better athletes are going to play Fall Baseball or Soccer. Since HF's HS football program started struggling it has been hard to get the kids motivated to play. Our parents seem to be leaning towards having their kids play one sport year round. My kid likes all of the sports equally, IMHO I think it makes them a more rounded athlete. :-\

I agree Hornsfan, let them try all the sports then decide what they want to play. I have found that when my 3 older ones started football it gave them the confidence to be more aggressive in other sports it has really helped my 13 year old playing low post in basketball

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder