BABE RUTH EAST TEXAS STATE (17/18 year old) - CHAMPION, MID-COUNTY

[quote name="walldrill" post="1022379" timestamp="1309888618"]
Anyone have a roster for this team?
[/quote]

[IMG]http://i141.photobucket.com/albums/r63/adminbaberuth/nickallstars2011027.jpg[/img]

2011 Sr Babe Ruth 2011 17/18 yr old Tournament Team

Hayden Guidry (BC), Dillon Duplant (Ned) Vince Armstrong (Vid), Coby Richard (Ned), Kevin Adams (LCM), Joe Mohica (Vid) Curtis Watkins (Vid), Nick Cardenas (Ned), Stephen Schlett ( Ned ), Bubba Maxwell (Vid), Dylan Campbell (Ned) Jake Richard (Ned), Andrew Williamson (Ned), Reid Fults (LCM), Jacob Pitts (Ned), Ryan Carline (LCM) Kanton Richard (Ned), Matt Trevino (SP)

Mgr; Jimmy Collins
Coaches Jimmy Lowrance, Mike Richard, Mack McPhatter

what has happend to babe-ruth baseball? in the past we always had 4 or 5 teams competing for state . now all of a sudden we have 2? is it just when we host that 1 other team always wharton thank god will come down to play?what happend with b-wood bay-city and palacious .

[quote name="silly365" post="1022538" timestamp="1309964261"]
what has happend to babe-ruth baseball? in the past we always had 4 or 5 teams competing for state . now all of a sudden we have 2? is it just when we host that 1 other team always wharton thank god will come down to play?what happend with b-wood bay-city and palacious .
[/quote]

Silly365, it's the times. Those cities you have mentioned Brazoswood, Bay City ie. still play Babe Ruth but it's in the 13-15 yr old leagues. Weimar, LaGrange, Del Rio, Wharton and Nederland still field competetive teams in 16-17-18 yr old Babe Ruth baseball. A new Babe Ruth league was established last year in Dallas, they will travel next year.

We in Nederland are trying our best to keep it alive, we still feel there is a place for all kids no matter their skill level to have a place to play baseball in the summer and have fun doing it. Until we can't field a team, the lights will be on Mon-Thursday on spurlock road.  

how long has it been since b-wood and bay-city have dropped out of the 17-18 yr old babe-ruth? also i know you are doing all you can to keep it alive and am very grateful have been to 3 world series with my boys and some of the best times for all the family. i still remember more teams in the senior babe-ruth state tourney.over all those years i can only remember losing once to wharton .although i have been acussed of having select memory.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SVD Beaumont
    Newest Member
    SVD Beaumont